FP - Blood Hunt - BUGS, Everywhere!

Look, I just wasted four hours of my evening trying to complete this FP. I haven't played this game for a few years, and I wanted to try non-solo fp and see what groupfinder has to offer. After three groups, I realized the dual-boss fight was too bugged to complete. There is more than one bug.

Then after being frustrated, I tried to solo it, and too many bugs to even get to that fight.

So I look at the clock and now four hours have gone by and I"m pretty pissed off. I stopped playing this game back when level cap was 50, due to bugs. Not only were the fp's too bugged to finish, the tier gear that dropped was bugged out stat wise, and actually graphic wise.

I'm really surprised to see that as soon as I get into the content that I haven't seen----things just don't seem to be working as they are intended to. Even the players in my FP groups are saying, "***? What happened? Boss is bugged, lets try again".

What? Four. Hours. It is my own fault because at this point I'm beating my head against a wall, a bugged game. What a waste of time. I had fun playing up until this point.......just like last time I played this game.

I'm unsubscribing. F This.

Edited by BloodyStool_FoYu

I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience with that one, and given that your only experience since you got back was Blood Hunt I'm not surprised you feel that way. If it is any consolation, or perhaps a way to get you to try again, BH is probably the buggiest thing in the entire game, and the most frustrating fights even when there aren't any bugs hitting you (first boss on hm, and the dual bosses in tactical and solo will just toss you over the edge sometimes even if you are standing right in the middle). I'm not gonna say the rest of the game is bug free (that'd be a lie), but as I said BH is probably by far the worst of the lot in terms of frustrating bugs and mechanics.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience with that one, and given that your only experience since you got back was Blood Hunt I'm not surprised you feel that way. If it is any consolation, or perhaps a way to get you to try again, BH is probably the buggiest thing in the entire game, and the most frustrating fights even when there aren't any bugs hitting you (first boss on hm, and the dual bosses in tactical and solo will just toss you over the edge sometimes even if you are standing right in the middle). I'm not gonna say the rest of the game is bug free (that'd be a lie), but as I said BH is probably by far the worst of the lot in terms of frustrating bugs and mechanics.

The only frustrating thing about the fight was doing it over and over again, and ending my night in not being able to clear it. The reasons for non-completion were:

-The two bosses [the whole fight] resets randomly for no reason at any phase of the fight.

-Group members randomly at any phase of the fight get booted outside of the fight. When a dmg role gets booted out, it draws out the fight even longer----but the fight always seemed to randomly reset at any phase or tank or healer dies. If tank or healer gets booted out of the fight, it's an instant wipe.

-I tried this with four groups. Three of them I queue'd with using the group finder, did not have a tank. There was no tank role indicated and I even asked in the chat "so who is supposed to be tanking?" [because when we got to this dual-bossfight I had to ask this] The answer was: Nobody. I said, "Oh okay" thinking this was a normal thing that everyone was okay with. After doing the fight several times and remembering from when I used to play, holding agro was always an issue---and in this fight, I saw that the tanks were dropping agro everytime they were stunned. So I was like, aight. But then, more boss resets. The closest we got was both bosses were at like 10% health, and then they just reset.

-Tried abandoning the quest and reacquiring it under 'solo' settings, but it wouldn't let me. Exiting the game and restarting it let me do that. But when I got it, the 2nd boss I started hacking away at----I randomly reset to beginning of the flashpoint.

***You say this was the buggies flashpoint, or one of. I'm disappointed. Back when level cap was 50, Directive 7 was like this, and I was equally angry.

You queued for a Tactical Flashpoint, they are meant to be done by 4 players of any spec. The average pug groups seems to have a lot of problems with these since 4.0, usually less with boss fights, more with the trash itself.

What you probably would have wanted to do was queue for a HM of Blood Hunt, where you have the "normal" Tank, Healer and 2 DPS. The Weekly and highlighting the Tactical description in group finder would have told you that.

-The two bosses [the whole fight] resets randomly for no reason at any phase of the fight.

-Group members randomly at any phase of the fight get booted outside of the fight. When a dmg role gets booted out, it draws out the fight even longer----but the fight always seemed to randomly reset at any phase or tank or healer dies. If tank or healer gets booted out of the fight, it's an instant wipe.

-I tried this with four groups. Three of them I queue'd with using the group finder, did not have a tank. There was no tank role indicated and I even asked in the chat "so who is supposed to be tanking?" [because when we got to this dual-bossfight I had to ask this] The answer was: Nobody. I said, "Oh okay" thinking this was a normal thing that everyone was okay with. After doing the fight several times and remembering from when I used to play, holding agro was always an issue---and in this fight, I saw that the tanks were dropping agro everytime they were stunned. So I was like, aight. But then, more boss resets. The closest we got was both bosses were at like 10% health, and then they just reset.

The bosses reset only if they try to jump or want to kill someone who respawns after a player dies. They can't reach them through the door so they reset.

Players don't get "booted" they get knocked back. If you stand on the edge you get knocked down, IIRC you have 1 free fall where you don't die right away and just get beamed back up. Might get a debuff to indicate it. Not sure.

What you want to do is, have the person who has aggro get knocked on the platform, not off it :p

-Tried abandoning the quest and reacquiring it under 'solo' settings, but it wouldn't let me. Exiting the game and restarting it let me do that. But when I got it, the 2nd boss I started hacking away at----I randomly reset to beginning of the flashpoint.

***You say this was the buggies flashpoint, or one of. I'm disappointed. Back when level cap was 50, Directive 7 was like this, and I was equally angry.

Sounds like you just rest the quest and not the instance that was active. You need to right click your picture and reset the phase as well or you will always just run back into the same again. That is why it worked when you logged out and back in.

2nd Boss:

The general tactic is to burn down the melee boss that does the knock back and stacks first and then kill the other one.