Artifice and RE Question

LykanLunatik

I'm trying to figure out how to make money with this skill...And am also having problems finding mats through arch and TH. right now I'm trying to find fibrous nylite solution, but cant find it anywhere...

also I'm kind of confused on RE, anytime i try and RE a crystal it just gives me the ingredients i used to make it, i though it was supposed to give a chance to generate a better item, am i just unlucky?

The nylite stuff is a vendor item you have to purchase from the Crew Skills Vendor, the vendor can be found near the Crew Skills Trainers on any world that has the trainers.

Reverse Engineering has a chance of granting you an upgraded recipe, green to blue, blue to purple. It is all luck of the random roll however as to if you get a recipe or just get mats back. Sometimes you will get the recipe on the first re sometimes you can do 20 in a row and not get the recipe. It's all a matter of getting that lucky roll which I hate but I deal with it for items I want for myself. So when you are crafting and really want the upgrade do a bunch of the same item as it can take several re'ings to get the recipe.

Edited by Ksandra

I'm trying to figure out how to make money with this skill...And am also having problems finding mats through arch and TH. right now I'm trying to find fibrous nylite solution, but cant find it anywhere...

also I'm kind of confused on RE, anytime i try and RE a crystal it just gives me the ingredients i used to make it, i though it was supposed to give a chance to generate a better item, am i just unlucky?

You buy the Fibrous Nylite from the crew skills vendors.

RE will always give some of the mats back. The rate at which you learn a new improved pattern seems kind of random. Once you learned the improved one, RE'ing whatever you learned it from will not yield another different one (at least that I have seen). For example if I made up 10 might hilt 3's and RE them and on the 3rd one I learn the improved might hilt 3, RE'ing the remaining 7 won't get me anything but some mats. I'd look at your recipe list and make sure your not learning it.

It won't generate a better item, it will generate the recipe to make the better item.

concentrate on your gathering skills, sell what you get on the GTN, up your artificing later. If you try and level it as you level it's a money sink, at least that's what I've seen so far. People aren't going to buy any low or even mid level gear you craft as they get the same or better from drops and quests. I'm hoping, in a month or so, people will start buying more gear from the GTN for their alts, then when you've got money coming from other places (Quests, flashpoints, GTN sales) level up you artificing and start selling gear, especially the higher level stuff. This is my plan anyway. Money shouldn't be too much of a problem. I made 60K in about a level and a half on tatooine earlier today just from questing and a few GTN crafting mat sales. Hope this helps, (P.S. this is how I made money when playing WOW, I'm hoping the economy ends up similar)