PVP-Expertise gear on companions

bradadad

Do companions do better against players with expertise? I'm looking for

someone that has tested or knows something about this.

I looked around and couldn't find anything definitive on whether companions

would benefit with expertise in a pvp environment. Yes the part of Ilum blocks

companions but there is a lot of questing and gathering to be done on PVP

servers where you want your companion to be strong against players.

Edited by bradadad

how about you do some work yourself & test it!

everyone seems to want a free lunch in this game

remember that next time your trying to write a project for school/work etc. Dont use other ppls research, do it your self from scratch....

Rtard.

umm thats the whole point of schools is to do stuff your self otherwise i think its called cheating

ye wrong answer.

What do you do in school ? you study other ppls research and learn from it. Do you think those books with information that you get in school wrote them self ?

lol, im actually gearing out one of my companions to find out the answer to this very question

will post after i find out (if i can find this thread). thanks to the massive price increase, itll take a while for me to finish gearing er out.

It might be easier to test for some people more than others. Best way would be if you knew someone in opposing faction that could get in vent and allow you to kill them in the same way over and over with expertise and without on your companion. While I could try and test it, it would be good to have some input to go on. I do have some expertise on my companion and noticed she really destroyed some bully that was picking on me the other day. :D Not enough to prove much though.

• 2 years later...

I tested this out with my companion vs. a guild mate. We both broke out Ensign Temple. I equipped her first with PvE gear (all 168). Then I had her beat on the other Temple until dead. And then beat on the guildmate until defeated. Switched over to her PvP set (all 162) and repeated. Also did reverse: had my guildie and his Temple do the same to my Temple in the different sets.

Outcome: After timing all the matches, my Temple lasted longer and took a better beating with the PvP gear and defeated them quicker despite the lower rating. So based on this direct experience, Expertise seems to work in open world PvP.

I tested this out with my companion vs. a guild mate. We both broke out Ensign Temple. I equipped her first with PvE gear (all 168). Then I had her beat on the other Temple until dead. And then beat on the guildmate until defeated. Switched over to her PvP set (all 162) and repeated. Also did reverse: had my guildie and his Temple do the same to my Temple in the different sets.

Outcome: After timing all the matches, my Temple lasted longer and took a better beating with the PvP gear and defeated them quicker despite the lower rating. So based on this direct experience, Expertise seems to work in open world PvP.

Yeah but if a companion can every beat a player 1 on 1... Then the player can't pvp... Lol...

I put my old pvp stuff on companions only because it usually has a better main stat for them than PVE stuff... Unless you do lots of OPS and pass it down... I wouldn't bother grinding PVP for comp gear, just for that occasional encounter in world PVP... I usually cc the comp any way and have my comp attack the player while I smash them too... cc'ing their comp as needed

Yeah but if a companion can every beat a player 1 on 1... Then the player can't pvp... Lol...

I put my old pvp stuff on companions only because it usually has a better main stat for them than PVE stuff... Unless you do lots of OPS and pass it down... I wouldn't bother grinding PVP for comp gear, just for that occasional encounter in world PVP... I usually cc the comp any way and have my comp attack the player while I smash them too... cc'ing their comp as needed

We were just using each other as target dummies to monitor damage either way. Temple would easily get smoked by another player, but simply would last a bit longer and take a few extra hits with the PvP gear on. Where it makes the difference is when I put her on an enemy's companion. Then she did a lot better.