Underleveled..

OokamiNoYoru

I'm a Sith Marauder at level 33, about 50% in the xp bar. I'm having a big problem, I can't continue to do any more quests because they are 35's and have me fight against multiple strongs and elites, and, quite frankly, I can't take them on. Warzones only give me 7,000 XP... Everyone on Fleet is either in their 40's or 50's so I can't find anyone for Flashpoints..

Please tell me what I can do..

Also, I have done just about all the quests available to me that I've found. I accept every quest and complete them. I have only missed a couple Heroics on each planet, which I very much doubt are the reason I have been setback 2 levels..

I very much doubt you've done every quest possible, I have a level 32 Marauder who is on Taris. I know I skipped a side quest here and there, but I am on level just fine.

You need to go back and do bonus series, actually try finding someone for the closest flashpoint to your level, and upgrade your gear. Make sure you are using an upgraded Quinn, Marauders are great for DPS but imo they are like glass. Even with defensive cooldowns, we still aren't tanks and need a proper healer.

I've done everything that's been available to me, my gear is all 30-33.. I am getting destroyed by the mobs in the quests.. I don't understand how I came to be 2 levels under. My class quest says 35.. I'm tempted to start a new character but I want to know how I can level up to 35..

-Space dailies

-Nar Shadaa Bonus series - oddly opens up at level 31ish for some reason. You have to go back there to do it.

-pvp grind ( :( )

Make sure to log out in a rest area: your ship, cantina, fleet. You will get rest xp and get double xp for killing mobs.

My friend, I have no idea how you could have done this to yourself. My first character and pretty much the only one I really play is a marauder, and I was over leveled pretty much the entire storyline.

I would just do what these people suggest to get yourself back on track.

Really shouldn't be behind the current level unless you're skipping whole planets. Even with no or little rest xp.

Sith side for example I've found that I was 2 levels ahead of content right up to level 44 at the start of Voss. Republic side was about the same. Do the bonus series and space dailys, two levels at 34ish ain't that much to knock off.

I'm in the same boat with my Maurader. Getting toasted on the board-the-ship quest. I also have level-appropriate gear (30-33) on Quinn and myself. I didn't realize Nar Shadda opened up at 31, so I will have to revist. The problem I'm having is I don't have any of the Heroics or FP's completed; it's increasingly difficult to find a team (or, one that doesn't disband halfway through due to bad composition with relatively new players). I've been grinding PVP and soloing Heroics on the older planets as well, but it's slow going,

I'm a Sith Marauder at level 33, about 50% in the xp bar. I'm having a big problem, I can't continue to do any more quests because they are 35's and have me fight against multiple strongs and elites, and, quite frankly, I can't take them on. Warzones only give me 7,000 XP... Everyone on Fleet is either in their 40's or 50's so I can't find anyone for Flashpoints..

Please tell me what I can do..

Also, I have done just about all the quests available to me that I've found. I accept every quest and complete them. I have only missed a couple Heroics on each planet, which I very much doubt are the reason I have been setback 2 levels..

You have missed a huge chunk of content somewhere. Either the bonus series' on Balmorra and Tatooine, or quests throughout the worlds. The reason I say this is because my Sith Sorcerer has only just landed on Alderaan, getting level 28 missions, and he is about to hit 33. You are at least 1 or 2 planets ahead of that - Taris, I guess.

You have two options that I can think of - space missions/PvP warzones/FPs&Heroics that are about 5 levels below you (you should still get XP for them and you should be able to solo them as a Mara), or grinding up by killing huge quantities of level 31-33 mobs wherever you find them.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

Indeed, it seems that I have. I think the trick is, if you go through skipping the "group" missions (as I did), you hit the planets on the fringe of the level requirement. This is all fine and dandy, except that it seems that the "bonus" missions don't unlock until near the end of the requirement. So in my particular case, I flew past Tatooine and Nar Shadda *thinking* I had completed them, when in fact upon revisiting, additional story arcs were unlocked. The completist in me wants to go back and hunt for the remaining missions; the grinder, on the other hand, wants to plow through PVP matches which award more XP in less time. Decisions, decisions... ;)

It always helps to kill plenty of mobs instead of avoiding them (good for credits too) , fp's, as well as checking your map for new quests. Explore the map fully rather than race through it.

I've never yet had a char under level for a planet.

Edited by AvalonBunny

Always remember that, for pve stuff, the XP is in the quest turn in. ;)

Seriously though, it is so easy to outlevel your content. Just by doing your class quest, all the side quests you can find, then the bonus quest series, then the Heroic 2+ & 4+ quests, the occational Esseles/Black Talon run, occational Warzone, occational Space Mission. SO much content in this game.

I'm level 35, just finished Act 1 and I outlevel my class story line by about three levels.

I very much doubt you've done every quest possible, I have a level 32 Marauder who is on Taris. I know I skipped a side quest here and there, but I am on level just fine.

You need to go back and do bonus series, actually try finding someone for the closest flashpoint to your level, and upgrade your gear. Make sure you are using an upgraded Quinn, Marauders are great for DPS but imo they are like glass. Even with defensive cooldowns, we still aren't tanks and need a proper healer.

Like glass????? Really? Have you EVER tried to battle against a Anni mara? I guess no. Sometimes they take me down in THREE GLOBALS! And I can't even cleanse their dots anymore.......

Have you been doing the bonus quests? After you finish each planet a bonus series is unlocked that might help you catch back up.

Really? Even Dromund Kaas? Cause I finished it last night at 13 (Got my starship etc.) and feel I need a level or 2 before I skedaddle to another planet lol

Really? Even Dromund Kaas? Cause I finished it last night at 13 (Got my starship etc.) and feel I need a level or 2 before I skedaddle to another planet lol

How did you manage that? Exploration xp alone would have got you close to 13. You need to do more than just your class quests to level.

Having said that, if you have your ship you can do the beginning space combats for at least a level of xp, maybe even more for you.

I never do heroics on the capitals - and I have yet to finish below level 15 - you must skip a lot. That's fine - but you can't reasonably skip many of the quests then complain your level is too low.

The capital planets have no bonus quests.

For the Republic, the bonus quests come right after you finish the planet (class quests at least) on some planets such as Taris and Tattoine. On others they come later. Nar Shadda is the planet after Taris - low 20s - but the bonus quests are low 30s. Hoth (around level 40) has bonus quests at 47 for example.

Just to throw in another viewpoint, my Sith assassin is new level 34 on Taris. I've done NO space missions (coulnd't finish the first one after about 10 attempts so I gave up on them all) and I've skipped almost every heroic mission (no groups).

I have runa few flashpoints when I can find groups and I've done all the bonus mission series that I have been able to find.

All told I think I'm maybe one or two levels over the recommended starting level for a planet when I arrive.

IMO you have definitely missed something, and quite possible a few somethings.

I've recently started too and I'm doing all the bonus, heroics that I come across.

I'm on Balmorra and the quests are turning green before I could start doing them.

So unless there is a huge drop in # of quests given out somewhere along the way, I don't see how you can be underleveled.

the heroics may not be necessary but I recommend doing what you can of them. They do give out really nice chunks of xp and usually give multiple commedations. the 2+ you can usually solo if your are a level or two higher than the quest level. Or at least that's how it has gone for me. Hopefully you can get yourself back on track. GOOD LUCK!!!