Any conquest changes coming?

MacCleoud

When they fix the reset bug, everyone will be all over it again. The bug has made it bearable........for now.

Agreed. It's the only thing that made it bearable. Legacy restrictions need to go...

Originally posted at the end of May, still relevant:

Dear Developers:

When conquest is only FUN because of BUGS, you're doing it wrong. Worse, when it's only TOLERABLE because of BUGS, you have failed utterly.

Please start listening to the community that has been repeating themselves about this since 5.8. You are NOT DONE fixing this mess if you actually do intend to make it enjoyable for people to play, as fair for most guilds as possible, and something that people will stick around in your game to do while they wait for the super slow trickle of content to arrive.

We who have been trying our best to politely get your attention and point out the problems are getting to the point where we aren't feeling so polite anymore. For me, it meant cancelling a nearly 7 year subscription to your service. Wake up! Respond, even if it is to say something that people don't really want to hear (like: "We've heard you but your suggestions go against our design goals for conquest"). That is really the only decent thing to do here, and you keep failing to do it.

Originally posted at the end of May, still relevant:

Dear Developers:

When conquest is only FUN because of BUGS, you're doing it wrong. Worse, when it's only TOLERABLE because of BUGS, you have failed utterly.

Please start listening to the community that has been repeating themselves about this since 5.8. You are NOT DONE fixing this mess if you actually do intend to make it enjoyable for people to play, as fair for most guilds as possible, and something that people will stick around in your game to do while they wait for the super slow trickle of content to arrive.

We who have been trying our best to politely get your attention and point out the problems are getting to the point where we aren't feeling so polite anymore. For me, it meant cancelling a nearly 7 year subscription to your service. Wake up! Respond, even if it is to say something that people don't really want to hear (like: "We've heard you but your suggestions go against our design goals for conquest"). That is really the only decent thing to do here, and you keep failing to do it.

Cannot agree MORE!! My husband has gotten burned out from the game because of the new conquest. He no longer plays with me. He's moved on to other games. I'd really like to get my conquesting buddy back. Get rid of the once per day, per LEGACY garbage. PLEASE! And adding more planets to the conquest weeks would be awesome as well. Three every week is sooooo zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Except for this week, this week as awesome as far as variety of planets. But still so limiting in the amount of stuff that counts towards conquest points. If every planet is available, then there should be stuff do on EVERY planet, like heroics/rampages/opposite faction kills/raiding bases. And please, for the love of the Force, get rid of the per Legacy garbage!!

Cannot agree MORE!! My husband has gotten burned out from the game because of the new conquest. He no longer plays with me. He's moved on to other games. I'd really like to get my conquesting buddy back. Get rid of the once per day, per LEGACY garbage. PLEASE! And adding more planets to the conquest weeks would be awesome as well. Three every week is sooooo zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Except for this week, this week as awesome as far as variety of planets. But still so limiting in the amount of stuff that counts towards conquest points. If every planet is available, then there should be stuff do on EVERY planet, like heroics/rampages/opposite faction kills/raiding bases. And please, for the love of the Force, get rid of the per Legacy garbage!!

Completely agreed. I quit for about a month with the initial conquest changes. Then came back and subbed for 6 months and I am regretting it. If things don't improve this will be my last sub with this game...

Completely agreed. I quit for about a month with the initial conquest changes. Then came back and subbed for 6 months and I am regretting it. If things don't improve this will be my last sub with this game...

I agree with everyone here too, getting rid of the week by week homogneization was maybe well intended but is now really irritating. I have a toon i cant conplete the pvp weekly on... necause i dont need the points on it. The weeklies are only doable once per week per toon anyway. Cut their value and make them repeatable (at a value similar to what they used to be).

This week's conquest is better than last week.

The bug that let's people repeatedly reset rampage quests over and over is ridiculous.

This week, you have to actually complete conquest goals without the aid of that exploit and it's far more fair competition now.

I honestly don't know how to reset the rampage quests, and wouldn't do it even if I did know how just for the fact it would be so mindnumbingly boring on top of the fact it's an exploit.

I realize some people enjoy this reset bug but it's an exploit and circumventing how conquest is supposed to be played, and seeing how conquest is working this week compared to last week it just made me realize how much better conquest would be if this bug was fixed.

TL;DR

BW/Devs, fix the conquest rampage reset bug/exploit please.

With no rampage quests this week, conquest is working great and the competition between guilds is much closer without so many people using this exploit to accrue literally millions of conquest points individually. For those not willing to use this exploit, it means they have absolutely zero chance in hell to compete with players/guilds that do.

This week I'm only able to complete conquest on one toon. The four critical missions that give 3000 points each are not repeatable at all on alts. There are no chapters, solo flashpoints or heroics and the only other solo activities included are the daily missions at 300 points each. Mathematically I'd have to do 50 of those missions to hit the goal on a second toon and that's just not possible.

I never used the rampage bug, I just completed the rampage as it was meant to be done (killing 150 enemies), but there has to be a medium between allowing the rampage bug and this.

I am part of a guild on a few toons and while I don't do activities with them, I do try to complete conquests now to

help them with their goals for the guild ship. It's a shame that's not doable this week. I realize that they want to include a wide variety of activities but it's nice when they make it possible for solo players to participate.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

This week I'm only able to complete conquest on one toon. The four critical missions that give 3000 points each are not repeatable at all on alts. There are no chapters, solo flashpoints or heroics and the only other solo activities included are the daily missions at 300 points each. Mathematically I'd have to do 50 of those missions to hit the goal on a second toon and that's just not possible.

I never used the rampage bug, I just completed the rampage as it was meant to be done (killing 150 enemies), but there has to be a medium between allowing the rampage bug and this.

I am part of a guild on a few toons and while I don't do activities with them, I do try to complete conquests now to

help them with their goals for the guild ship. It's a shame that's not doable this week. I realize that they want to include a wide variety of activities but it's nice when they make it possible for solo players to participate.

Yeah, the way conquest is currently set it's basically killed the guild's participation in conquest. We weren't even trying to actually get the top score, we just wanted to hit the minimum goal. It's just so grindy that it takes all the fun out of playing. For our small guild, full of alts it means devoting all our playtime to grinding points and it just issn't fun. It makes a game feel like a job.

If you only do solo content, you are right. However, that has almost always been the case. The only time it wasn't the case was when Heroics were involved pre-5.8. If you did no group content pre-5.8, you had to rely on heroics. If there were no heroics, then you didn't get PC on very many toons.

This week..... There are plenty of ways to get to 15K on multiple toons solo

Toon 1

Flashpoint achiever 7500 (MANY Vet Flash points are soloable. I solo Athiss and Cademimu on my DPS Sage all the time)

CZ-198 is 4500 (5 dailies+3k)

Craft Dark Project 3000

Toon 2

Craft. 6 invasion forces and 120 componet

Toon 3

Yavin 4800

Oricon 5400

Destroy enemy commander 5k

Toon 4

Iokath

Section X

Black hole

Uprisings (a couple of these are fairly easily solo'd)

Yes, these take time, but don't say you can only get one toon to PC because of what it out there. You CAN get more toons to PC than just one, you just have to do some everything now instead of being able to what YOU enjoy about the game.

The Once per day per Legacy stuff kills the alt-friendliness of how we used to be able to conquest. The design of going to "More options but less toons" has hurt people that only like PvP, or only like solo, or those that all they do is sit on alts and grind conquest everyday.

If you only do solo content, you are right. However, that has almost always been the case. The only time it wasn't the case was when Heroics were involved pre-5.8. If you did no group content pre-5.8, you had to rely on heroics. If there were no heroics, then you didn't get PC on very many toons.

This week..... There are plenty of ways to get to 15K on multiple toons solo

Toon 1

Flashpoint achiever 7500 (MANY Vet Flash points are soloable. I solo Athiss and Cademimu on my DPS Sage all the time)

CZ-198 is 4500 (5 dailies+3k)

Craft Dark Project 3000

Toon 2

Craft. 6 invasion forces and 120 componet

Toon 3

Yavin 4800

Oricon 5400

Destroy enemy commander 5k

Toon 4

Iokath

Section X

Black hole

Uprisings (a couple of these are fairly easily solo'd)

Yes, these take time, but don't say you can only get one toon to PC because of what it out there. You CAN get more toons to PC than just one, you just have to do some everything now instead of being able to what YOU enjoy about the game.

The Once per day per Legacy stuff kills the alt-friendliness of how we used to be able to conquest. The design of going to "More options but less toons" has hurt people that only like PvP, or only like solo, or those that all they do is sit on alts and grind conquest everyday.

It's supposed to be fun, not a job. So no, I'm not going to sit there and do group content I do not enjoy in order to get conquest done.

I've been able to do plenty of the other conquest weeks multiple times on other toons, completely solo. Simply including one heroic, one chapter, one of the special events and one solo flashpoint, and making some of those things repeatable, are enough.

Not everyone crafts to the level of being able to do dark projects, and I don't feel like wasting my toons' time and mats to go through ten levels of artifice or biochem to craft things I'm just going to delete to get to that point.

No, the veteran flashpoints and uprisings are NOT soloable if your main is a Sentinel/Jugg with no stealth, no big AOE attack and no self-heals. I've certainly tried it.

Yes, this week actually seems pretty solo-friendly to me. In addition to the non-repeatable 3,000 for the various planetary weeklies (which also give tons of CXP), the daily missions give an unlimited 300 each, assuming a full stronghold bonus. So you can get 6000 from the Iokath weekly on 1 character and 3000 on any other characters you want to run through it. There are also crafting objectives that give decent points (one Dark Project for the week and an Invasion Force every day, in addition to the unlimited Inventor objective).

As a solo player who doesn't like PVP, I found the GSF/PVP week much tougher than this week. I did manage to get one character to the goal by crafting that week, but that was my limit.

Yes, this week actually seems pretty solo-friendly to me. In addition to the non-repeatable 3,000 for the various planetary weeklies (which also give tons of CXP), the daily missions give an unlimited 300 each, assuming a full stronghold bonus. So you can get 6000 from the Iokath weekly on 1 character and 3000 on any other characters you want to run through it. There are also crafting objectives that give decent points (one Dark Project for the week and an Invasion Force every day, in addition to the unlimited Inventor objective).

As a solo player who doesn't like PVP, I found the GSF/PVP week much tougher than this week. I did manage to get one character to the goal by crafting that week, but that was my limit.

Mathematically to get the conquest bonus on a second toon, you'd need to do 50 of those 300 point dailies.

Not everyone crafts. I don't, I don't see the point since most of the stuff doesn't even seem to be selling on the GTN. So as I see it I'd be wasting time, mats , crafted items that are so worthless they're just destined to be deleted, and a crew slot that could be used for gathering mats to sell, to go get them to 600 on a crafting skill for that.

Mathematically to get the conquest bonus on a second toon, you'd need to do 50 of those 300 point dailies.

Not everyone crafts. I don't, I don't see the point since most of the stuff doesn't even seem to be selling on the GTN. So as I see it I'd be wasting time, mats , crafted items that are so worthless they're just destined to be deleted, and a crew slot that could be used for gathering mats to sell, to go get them to 600 on a crafting skill for that.

Each of those weeklies is close to 5K when you add in the dailies that you have to do to complete the weekly. So, you only have to do 3 of the weeklies to get VERY close to 15k. Then you can do other weeklies on a different toon. Not applying all the numbers from the dailies is taking out a lot of the points that you would earn. This also makes it harder for your point to hold true. Doing just the weeklies and the dailies associated with them, I almost got 3 toons to PC. Mathematically.... to finish out my third toon i had to do 18 Dailies and.......to get a FOURTH toon PC i would have to do 50 dailies. It is a matter of planning, which makes it more of a job, but that is all from dailies only.

Outside of that, the point that you can't play the way you want to play is the point I was making at the end of my response to your other post. You know HAVE to do more different types of things and can't stick solely to what yo enjoy most to be able to get a lot of toons to PC.

No, the veteran flashpoints and uprisings are NOT soloable if your main is a Sentinel/Jugg with no stealth, no big AOE attack and no self-heals. I've certainly tried it.

I have solo'd fractured on my sentinel, and my Jugg.

I have solo'd athiss/cademimu/red reaper on my sentinal, and jugg.

They ARE soloable. I started doing them with ~236 gear and level 30 Comp. It can be rough, but it can be done.

I have solo'd fractured on my sentinel, and my Jugg.

I have solo'd athiss/cademimu/red reaper on my sentinal, and jugg.

They ARE soloable. I started doing them with ~236 gear and level 30 Comp. It can be rough, but it can be done.

If you say so, but I have not found that to be the case.

Yeah, the way conquest is currently set it's basically killed the guild's participation in conquest. We weren't even trying to actually get the top score, we just wanted to hit the minimum goal. It's just so grindy that it takes all the fun out of playing. For our small guild, full of alts it means devoting all our playtime to grinding points and it just issn't fun. It makes a game feel like a job.

What's interesting is you mentioned the new conquest system being too grindy, yet last week in our guild the people that accrued the most conquest points did nothing but grind the rampage quest non-stop due to the bug letting them reset it on one toon.

I can see now how it has to be confusing to the devs when they read the feedback by players. On one hand people want less grind, yet ironically they use a known exploit to do nothing but grind for conquest points.

What this tells me is many people do enjoy grinding a repeatable quest for conquest, and the devs ought to just make it legit so people can enjoy what they like best which is clearly grinding conquest.

That being said, I hate exploits and when something is broken it needs fixed. I refuse to use this exploit and I am sure others are just like me too. Devs should consider adding more grind by adding more repeatables, and fix the broken rampage quest bug.

Make conquest repeatables legit so everyone is operating within the same rules and the field is level and fair.

What's interesting is you mentioned the new conquest system being too grindy, yet last week in our guild the people that accrued the most conquest points did nothing but grind the rampage quest non-stop due to the bug letting them reset it on one toon.

I can see now how it has to be confusing to the devs when they read the feedback by players. On one hand people want less grind, yet ironically they use a known exploit to do nothing but grind for conquest points.

What this tells me is many people do enjoy grinding a repeatable quest for conquest, and the devs ought to just make it legit so people can enjoy what they like best which is clearly grinding conquest.

That being said, I hate exploits and when something is broken it needs fixed. I refuse to use this exploit and I am sure others are just like me too. Devs should consider adding more grind by adding more repeatables, and fix the broken rampage quest bug.

Make conquest repeatables legit so everyone is operating within the same rules and the field is level and fair.

It is confusing when people say "There is no way to do XXXXXX" the way the conquest is setup. When, in all actuality, there is. It just involves doing MORE than we used to have to do. By MORE I mean we know have to do something other than grind heroics on 10 toons every day to get 500K points for the week by myself.

Personally, I LOVE that the guild goal is only 200/500/1.1Mil. This makes it where I don't have to carry 40% of the load of the guild to MAYBE reach top ten. Now, instead of having to push for 800K to maybe hit top 10 (500k coming from 10 toons and maybe another 200 coming 3-4 toons and MAYBE getting some encryptions, I can do 150K across 10 toons (which I have done without an exploit), and then get another 60-75k from another 3-4 toons and we are guaranteed encryptions. Winning the planet for us... which we have done in the past by crushing out endless amounts of heroics and picking the right planet..... is pretty much out of the question, but we are able to get our encryptions fairly easily. Which WAS one of the desires of the devs.

I still think there are tweaks that need to happen, the Once per legacy per day is the biggest thing that needs to be changed. If they change that, it will allow people to do things they way they want to do them. Bringing back the critical missions as infinitely repeatable is another thing as well....they are locked behind a quest so it isn't like you can do the critical multiple times a week on one toon anyway.