Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

CourtneyWoods

, 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses.[ /QUOTE]

This is what bothers me. There are times when I am really busy. For example, during the last world event I was in Mexico for work. I missed the whole thing. I'm annoyed every time I see those bind-to-legacy weapons. Now, another world event is coming, and in two weeks I'm moving to Taipei for a bit and probably won't be able to play much. In fact, I've never taken part in a world event yet, because they are so short. (Has there been 1 or 2?)

It's not like we have so many events that we need to shorten them; Let the world event last for 5 months. Give us a chance to play it!

Edited by MuratReis

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding us right now? First off, 1.7 adds a completely revamped Ilum PvP back into the game... so there's your PvP. Secondly, 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses. Finally, 1.7 adds Reputation to the game - that should have been in since the game began, mind you - which gives players something else to grind, aka CONTENT.

Don't be a ******... this is a much needed and wanted update.

Then why not give us a blog about the revamped ilum pvp? this reputation system is nothing but carrot-on-a-stick filler for grind donkeys. And they aren't even using fresh carrots. This whole proposed system is garbage. If having reputation with a given faction meant something beyond a title and "some kind of gear" it would be way more impactful. Give each faction a collective reputation. Allow us to actually sway Voss and Gree sentiment, and then give us meaningful rewards for doing so.

Not to mention that the only new content that even seems to be included in this reputation system is whatever crazy crap they come up with for the gree/ilum pve event. This is grasping at straws, hoping people are dumb enough to think the new wrapper isn't hiding the same ****.

The whole blog just made this update feel really weak. Quick, give us some good news, because this certainly doesn't make me want to keep playing.

Edited by Angry_Ferth

Are you kidding us right now? First off, 1.7 adds a completely revamped Ilum PvP back into the game... so there's your PvP. Secondly, 1.7 adds a brand new monthly World Event with PvE bosses. Finally, 1.7 adds Reputation to the game - that should have been in since the game began, mind you - which gives players something else to grind, aka CONTENT.

Don't be a ******... this is a much needed and wanted update.

PvE bosses inside the PvP area you mentioned. Yeah, we all really want to get harassed while PvEing....

Adding a minor (and probably half-arsed) grind to a game is not new content. The items on the vendors will not be new content- if you think they will be I truly admire your amazing optimism...

This is not a much needed or wanted update. Let's not pretend it is. At all.

Edited by Mevan

In fact, I've never taken part in a world event yet, because they are so short. (Has there been 1 or 2?)

It's not like we have so many events that we need to shorten them; Let the world event last for 5 months. Give us a chance to play it!

Two so far - one was the one where you got the Containment suit and the red rackghoul pet, the second you could get the Sandtrooper set and bind to legacy crossbows - which opened the possibility to move barrels around toons.

The only thing missing is a saber now.

They also had some really vague statements like : "we might or might not bring vendors back sooner or later, to use tokens" - which was partially true, as they kept the second event vendor up for one more week or something... or the Jawa from 1st... one of them... if memory serves right, that is.

Edited by Styxx

So I am looking at another senseless grind for no rewards other than titles?

I'm legacy level 50 and Social X, what have you gave us Bioware for achieving that?

Nothing for legacy and a mindless party bomb.

The only reason I am still a sub is because this is the only Star Wars MMO.

Give us rewards for Legacy 50 and Social X, before you even try to introduce another grind fest.

Hi itsmymillertime,

To answer your questrion, Reputation trophies are a new type of item that we've added to many existing missions to make those missions more rewarding. Unfortunately, because this is a new system, trophies cannot be granted retroactively.

That's understandable, but what about the legacy versions of class titles featured in the screenshot? Requiring me to re-do all my level 50s to get those titles seems absurd. I hope that isn't the case.

Edited by MrRuck

So, nothing new. Hope it do not become a annoying run to reach all rep max to get item to raid like wow, you need to do hundred dailies to get rep, and need several weeks and then you begin to raid. Pretty lame. Rep system is nothing new. As i said before, i change all those things for a balanced game. I hope they balance the game first and after put some pretty, silly things.

That's understandable, but what about the legacy versions of class titles featured in the screenshot? Requiring me to re-do all my level 50s to get those titles seems absurd. I hope that isn't the case.

They only make another thing so you keep playing the game, cos' nothings new happens. It's another silly goal.

(sigh)...I really hoped that they wouldn't start going down the w.o.w route in earning gear and such, I left that game because it became tedious, boring and long to earn gear....When a game becomes like a real job that's when I leave. I play to escape my six to seven days a week 3rd shift job, not too have one virtually...But we'll see how this turns out. I always give a game company three chances. :sy_empire: Edited by DEMarq

This is what bothers me. There are times when I am really busy. For example, during the last world event I was in Mexico for work. I missed the whole thing. I'm annoyed every time I see those bind-to-legacy weapons. Now, another world event is coming, and in two weeks I'm moving to Taipei for a bit and probably won't be able to play much. In fact, I've never taken part in a world event yet, because they are so short. (Has there been 1 or 2?)

I am in Taipei, been here 10 years now, you can still play connection and internet speeds are faster than the states. I normally get 3 bars on east coast servers, and 4 on west coast. I would hope and suggest you are on a east coast server for the time difference. Our mornings are perfect for their prime raid/pvp time as our nights are good for running section x, black hole, etc because it is there mornings. I am on Shadowlands pm me if you ahve questions.

Basically 1.7 and the reputation system revolves around the things less played in the game. Interesting idea but not sure if it's going to work as they want. If the only thing you get with the reputation brackets is acess to a vendor then is not going to do well, considering alot of the things will be overpriced, if we consider everything they've done so far (legacy, dailies). It's going to have to be some really sweet stuff for ppl to do it (outside of those that play those parts of the game).

Gree reputation (seems to be linked to pvp, no real information yet).

HM space missions - few ppl play the space mission thingy.

Voss-Ka heroics - it's a way to get ppl back on Voss but how many will do it depend on the items you can get.

Section X - plenty of ppl stopped bothering with this area, black hole area is faster and less annoying.

This is just my opinion of course, but we'll see what happens.

People skip Section X and do black hole because X is still bugged at least one mission so it's hard if not impossible to complete the weekly. The HM space mission I assume this is to drive people back to purchase the stuff for their ships off the Cartel Market (don't know about other servers but on mine seems space missions are dead). The Imperial Pilot suit used to be a draw as well as getting stabs out of the boxes, but Cartel market has the covert suit (looks close if not better) and PVP and BH com runs provide faster/easier stabs.

Voss-Ka never went back after the NightMare Pilgram bug, (when he spawned green and could not be attacked). After all same can get BH coms easy from runs now.

Hi itsmymillertime,

To answer your questrion, Reputation trophies are a new type of item that we've added to many existing missions to make those missions more rewarding. Unfortunately, because this is a new system, trophies cannot be granted retroactively.

So... People who have completed their class quests as a Jedi Knight are going to be 'unknown' to the Jedi?

I probably miss understood the reputation missions but it looks like its just an encouragement to grind out the same quests. I had hoped we would be seeing a lot more missions now it looks like there will be a new gree event but thats about it? Also I assume that I wont have to do the weekly mission in Section X and just the dailys will give some rep bonus. I say this because the 4 man heroic is annoying I got all the way to the end then found need 4 people to do it compaions can not help and this 4 man heroic is difficult enough that most pugs just die (my compaion seems more suited than people who constantly un-stun the guy being wirlwinded).

Also does it worry anyone else that in most cases time must equal reward and the big thing here is that the rewards will either be useless (no one will really do rep) or so over powered everyone is forced to grind upto legend to compete?

Edited by Izorii