SWTOR.com Currently Unavailable? Srsly?

Enitan

SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan nicht erreichbar. Versuchen Sie es später erneut.

Nous sommes désolés, mais le site web Star Wars: The Old Republic n'est pas disponible actuellement. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.

Are there really that many people in the forums?! It seems like any other day in here so why am I getting this constantly?!

yea i seriously had to click the "quote" link about 10 times to be able to reply to someone I am talking to in another thread.

I wonder if they rented/bought extra servers for the first month or so ...

Or if they should look into doing more of that

Honestly you kids are pretty funny that you would even be outraged that the site may have access problems on the first day of launch, a day that 100s of thousands of people have been waiting for for years.

And you come here and make a thread that they DARE to make you wait one minute to access the forums! Why the nerve!

And if you claim u aren't a kid, and you made this thread or agreed with it, there is no doubt about the level of your maturity. Honestly.

Honestly you kids are pretty funny that you would even be outraged that the site may have access problems on the first day of launch, a day that 100s of thousands of people have been waiting for for years.

And you come here and make a thread that they DARE to make you wait one minute to access the forums! Why the nerve!

And if you claim u aren't a kid, and you made this thread or agreed with it, there is no doubt about the level of your maturity. Honestly.

Wow thanks for the talk MOM!

Seriously no for the most part they have been good, but there have been times where I have to hit reload for about 10 minutes to get in.

I've been noticing some other bugs as well with the new forums, like why does it say that I have my message count from pre-forum wipe yet there are no messages there and I can't get the number to clear

Oh and by the way, if I want to be talked down to I will let you know, your reply actually made you appear quite immature as well and it was almost TROLLISH

Seriously. The amount of people who need a crash course in basic networking is really shocking. For a gaming community a lot of you are completely clueless. Makes me lawl

It's not so much that, I know and understand a lot about networks, user loads, etc... I was just making a general comment that maybe they should of upped the ante a bit and rented/bought some extra equipment for the first month.

It's not so much that, I know and understand a lot about networks, user loads, etc... I was just making a general comment that maybe they should of upped the ante a bit and rented/bought some extra equipment for the first month.

It isn't about equipment as much as you think. The network can only handle so many incoming client requests. Each time someone comes to the web page the server needs to load the specific information you're requesting. Even in the best network configuration possible there is still a cap on the amount of requests to be made.

You need to remember. They can't dedicate all their bandwidth to the WAN side. They need to make sure their internal systems can talk to each other as well.

There are an estimated 167 million possible subscriptions to this game and its the first day or early access and you're wondering why the website is having problems? Really?

No, seriously... is this not obvious to you? Did you really think there wouldn't be problems?

Let me put it this way, lets say there's 30 doors that you can enter into a building. But millions of people are trying to enter those doors at the same time. Do you really think they can all enter at once?

Think about it and about unrealistic expectations.

There are an estimated 167 million possible subscriptions to this game and its the first day or early access and you're wondering why the website is having problems? Really?

No, seriously... is this not obvious to you? Did you really think there wouldn't be problems?

Let me put it this way, lets say there's 30 doors that you can enter into a building. But millions of people are trying to enter those doors at the same time. Do you really think they can all enter at once?

Think about it and about unrealistic expectations.

Where is this 167 million number coming from?

Wow thanks for the talk MOM!

Seriously no for the most part they have been good, but there have been times where I have to hit reload for about 10 minutes to get in.

I've been noticing some other bugs as well with the new forums, like why does it say that I have my message count from pre-forum wipe yet there are no messages there and I can't get the number to clear

Oh and by the way, if I want to be talked down to I will let you know, your reply actually made you appear quite immature as well and it was almost TROLLISH

I am not a troll. The OP is a troll.

And "being talked down to" is only perception, which you have somehow gotten. And it doesn't require your permission.

To me it was a reminder to all you kids that the world wasn't created for your instant gratification and that sometimes things just go a little bumpy at the first and smooth out afterwards. It's called a life lesson, and can even be learned while waiting to post on a forum page :)

It isn't about equipment as much as you think. The network can only handle so many incoming client requests. Each time someone comes to the web page the server needs to load the specific information you're requesting. Even in the best network configuration possible there is still a cap on the amount of requests to be made.

You need to remember. They can't dedicate all their bandwidth to the WAN side. They need to make sure their internal systems can talk to each other as well.

I am not a troll. The OP is a troll.

And "being talked down to" is only perception, which you have somehow gotten. And it doesn't require your permission.

To me it was a reminder to all you kids that the world wasn't created for your instant gratification and that sometimes things just go a little bumpy at the first and smooth out afterwards. It's called a life lesson, and can even be learned while waiting to post on a forum page :)

You make me LOL so much.....

Edit: i had a lot to say here to you, needless to say you aren't worth me getting flagged because of you, enjoy /ignore and here's hoping you enjoy SWTOR

Edited by Enitan

Yes but can't they add more bandwidth? Like lets say you're a home user, one computer you're good with the el cheapo 1mb line, but once you start getting multiple computers and devices (laptops, desktops, ps3 etc...) you up your plan to 40mb and never look back can't the same be done on their end or are the cost/benefit ratios really that much different?