Legacy issue is my only complaint about SWTOR ...

Karl_Ancher

So last night, I unlocked the Legacy with my Smuggler. I was excited, as I'd planned out the names of both the Smuggler and all of my alts on that server to go with a certain surname. I went to the Legacy screen, entered the surname ... and was told that someone else had already taken the name and to pick another.

I found a workable substitute, but it was a let down. I can live with the name I chose, but it doesn't have the resonance that the original did (which was from an old WEG d6 campaign, so older than a lot of people playing the game). As soon as I heard about the Legacy system, I knew the surname I wanted. I'm kind of bummed that it was a no-go.

Annoyingly, I can't think of a way to have prevented it, other than to let people pick the name when they're creating their character. That goes against the whole premise of unlocking the legacy.

This isn't a deal breaker by any stretch ... that this is the only complaint I've had so far speaks volumes how much I like this game. It's not a design flaw, a bug or anything else I'd blame the designers or anyone at Bioware for.

I'm just annoyed.

Oh well ... at least the Legacy is unlocked, and my army of now-surnamed alts can generate legacy xp as they level.