Any tricks to make dinging 50 easier?

Elysion

Ive been leveling my sniper up, and back in the 30s i think i decided that, compared to my assassin who was great in warzones from the 20s on up, i would just ignore pvp on it until i got more abilities (specifically the level 42 group damage shield)

So thats what i did.

Now, ive not fought in warzones since 1.1, so i dont know how things have developed since then.

What im wondering is, should i take my level 42 sniper, and farm commendations and valor from 42-49?

I know coms cap out at 1k, would i be able to buy 50 bags and just not open them or something, to have a chance of getting some reasonably decent starting stuff at 50?

Is there some strategy to this to make dinging 50 be less painful?

As far as i know you can only buy / carry 1 bag (unless you get them as rewards). As for PvP, i'm a lvl 44 Sniper and i find it preety much okay now with all the 50's gone. Sucks when lvl 10 character's join your team but there's not much you can do about it.

I know coms cap out at 1k, would i be able to buy 50 bags and just not open them or something, to have a chance of getting some reasonably decent starting stuff at 50?

1) Bags cost 200 mercenary and 200 warzone commendations. Instead of a staggering 50, you can buy a full whopping 5 bags with that. Buy one bag in advance and store it somewhere before you cap yourself at 1K/1K. The bags are unique, so you can't stack them. They only stack with the bags from daily and weekly quests.

2) Buy a level 50 orange main-hand weapon (the main-hand weapon is for most classes the most important thing ever) and some 50 blue items from GTN or ask some crafter friends. The first items are easy to get. It's filling the other spots in which is harder due to the numerous duplicates.

3) Be prepared to live your life on Ilum. All that matters is getting 60 valour to start gathering the battlemaster set. The rest comes by itself. Unless you're PvP'ing on a very gear-dependent class that scales exceptionally (such as marauder/sentinel), things should be fairly easy, especially if your guild runs premades with decent players.

Very simple, don't PvP. Just don't. Get a group of 2-3 guys, skip all heroics and just grind through the normal quests. Log out in cantina's and grind again the day thereafter.

Edited by Fryingtoasters

Skip the heroic quests, skip the flashpoints, skip the datacrons, skip pvp even (takes too long for the amount of xp) and do the daily space quests if you want to get to 50 quickly, make sure you stay in a rest area when not playing; then you can concentrate on PvP battlegrounds...do the daily PvP quests to get the gear faster...

That's what I did and although I have some ground to catch up in valor ranking, I think it's the most efficient way. Plus, I'm getting to enjoy PvP more because I have all the skills that go with a level 50...

I'm no expert; I'd be curious to know what players think about it...maybe it'll help me getting my alt to 50 faster!

Lol guys i dont need help getting to 50.

Im asking if there is anything i should be doing with my 42 sniper now to make being a newbie 50 in the new 50 bracket less painful.

I take it then that just getting 1k/1k and one bag and hoping for luck with those 6 bags is about as good as i can do.

So thats what i will do. Ill start grinding coms until ive got 1k/1k then finish up my levels.

I take it as a pre-50 the best way to get merc coms is just grinding more warzone ones and converting them? Thats how my assassin did it.

I notice that the pre 50 weapons have expertiese enhancements in them.

Would maybe grinding a bunch of those and taking the enhancements out and putting them into my gear make things easier? It wouldnt even be that big a hassle since i could just farm a different one for each companion and give them the barrels/hilts and mods and just keep the enhancements for my armor.

I have no problem living in the warzones from 42-49 and farming every com i can for that purpose, i assume if i only leveled in warzones 42-50 i would be able to get the 1k/1k, a bag, and 7 level 47(was it 47? 48?) blue pvp weapons to take their expertise enhancements out.

Edited by Elysion

You can have 1 bag in inventory and 1000/1000 commendations for another 5 bags right from the start.

What else to say.

Prepare to be demolished on 50 lvl warzones without champ set.

Sad, but true.

Can you not open your bag before you are level 50? why save it?

Ive been leveling my sniper up, and back in the 30s i think i decided that, compared to my assassin who was great in warzones from the 20s on up, i would just ignore pvp on it until i got more abilities (specifically the level 42 group damage shield)

So thats what i did.

Now, ive not fought in warzones since 1.1, so i dont know how things have developed since then.

What im wondering is, should i take my level 42 sniper, and farm commendations and valor from 42-49?

no that would have been reasonable but unfortunately bioware didnt think again and made champ bags unique so u can only have one at a time.