Have to buy Action bars? REALLY?!

Dobah

You sir got my respect... lol

for the rest that spitted on me, well I did pay for a couple of months so yes I'm a subscriber so its not because I dont pay I should not complain about it. Its also not because I pay I should ignore it. The F2P model must influence the person to pay money to the people who made the game. Like I said before, the player must not feel penalized for a half complete UI which is the case right now. I don't mind paying for other stuff like access to pvp and more inventory or bank slots... That's fine with me and would glady pay for that. But the UI ??? hell no. Thats the basics lol.

Don't worry about the others, they're just mad because they don't want people to play a game for "free" that they payed for. SWTOR has a pretty bad community don't let it get you down. Let EAWare bring you down with their charging subscribers extra for things that should be free and charging F2Pers for every little and big thing. lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

except you missed his point where he said he doesn't mind paying for vanity items.

So he pays for the vanity items and gets the action bars with out paying for them.

I suppose the concept of logic does sound to gibberish to someone like you.

Btw you misspelled gibberish.

You are complaining about getting a free hamburger and saying that its unfair he has to pay for his drink and fries

It's as simple as that.

once again bla bla bla gibberish(did i get it right this time, teacher?). i only pointed out your mistake, yet you still make up some irrelevant arguements to cover that up, although your original post about his 1k points is flat-out wrong. and then u also tell other people that they dont seem to understand something. roflmao. gotta love when some1 posts something which is obviously wrong, and then comes up with all kinds of nonsence to defend it (the mcdonalds analogy - facepalm, really?). i'm afraid i can't take that kind of person seriously and engage in a discussion with him. but you have fun here, keep fighting the good fight ;)

Edited by wakafonas

once again bla bla bla gibberish(did i get it right this time, teacher?). i only pointed out your mistake, yet you still make up some irrelevant arguements to cover that up, although your original post about his 1k points is flat-out wrong. and then u also tell other people that they dont seem to understand something. roflmao. gotta love when some1 posts something which is obviously wrong, and then comes up with all kinds of nonsence to defend it (the mcdonalds analogy - facepalm, really?). i'm afraid i can't take that kind of person seriously and engage in a discussion with him. but you have fun here, keep fighting the good fight ;)

The concept of f2p is very new so it is understandable that people will make mistakes about facts in this business model. I mean, how can you argue or engage in a convo when that person doesnt understand the concept of f2p business model at the same time have been paying the game for a long time. It's like he payed for candy for a year and then suddendly he gives it to all the people for free and the person who gives it just says to him "sorry kid, thats how its gonna work till now".

lol

Don't worry about the others, they're just mad because they don't want people to play a game for "free" that they payed for. SWTOR has a pretty bad community don't let it get you down. Let EAWare bring you down with their charging subscribers extra for things that should be free and charging F2Pers for every little and big thing. lol

I have no problem with people playing the game for free. It's a great idea and the people I have met in game are great. A lot of new people who have never played a MMO before.

I have a problem with people complaining about something for free. You can play 1-50 with out paying a single dime that's pretty amazing.

The concept of f2p is very new so it is understandable that people will make mistakes about facts in this business model. I mean, how can you argue or engage in a convo when that person doesnt understand the concept of f2p business model at the same time have been paying the game for a long time. It's like he payed for candy for a year and then suddendly he gives it to all the people for free and the person who gives it just says to him "sorry kid, thats how its gonna work till now".

lol

I agree people do make some mistakes. Biggest one assuming that western MMOs actually go F2P. They don't they are freemium or extended demos.

F2P is TF2 or LoL. No western MMO is actually F2P. Not a single one.

UI options being paid for features is simply absurd. There's a hundred things that would be far better for a store that BW isn't using. Where's the 25 dollar mounts and 10 dollar mini pets that Blizzard is selling in a fully pay to play game? Yes, there's the cartel packs, which are cute- but a- you can buy them on the GTN if you have the money anyway, and b- there's a limit to what they hold.

What's next? Chat functions, mini map, your health bar, scrolling combat text?

UI functions should never be a store purchase- nevermind how well it might sell or not, consider that this is a game that already has been the subject of terrible press, and now people are going to ask 'how is the f2p in swtor?' and get answered 'you have to pay for your quickslots'.

Absolutely terrible, people defending this need to realize that BW isn't in a position where they can afford to be alienating their potential playerbase with such nasty nickel and diming over what are, even for f2p mmos, considered standard features of the game.

They can make their money elsewhere if they tried. This just gives the impression that this game really is WAR 2- and the devs have given up on it.

If you are NOT paying for the game, you would be penalized... is it that obvious? F2P, they said you could do quests all the way up to 50, they didnt say you would get a total free game and thats including quick slots.

You say you have to sub.. sub one month. is 15$ that bad because if it is that bad for you maybe you shouldnt be spending money on games, internet, monitor, a great pc among other things.

The way i see it, i spend 15$ for 2 hours at the movies, which arent that great so I could easily spend 15$ for a whole month of gameplay.

Even if your complaint is legit, I cannot see the complaint simply because I do pay. I dont play flashpoints. All I am doing now is working on my 4th 50 and I do wz's all the time on most of my characters. To me, thats enough to pay 15$ a month just so I do not need to be creative in how i use my coins. I can just play without penalty. I like my slots, I like my crew skills, I like my gear and all the wz's i can play. I play around 60 hours a month. 15$ for 60 hours is a deal to me.

The Fact is, people go to F2P for the means to pay when they want and whenever. $15 is not a big deal, its the stupid business model they decided to go with to force people to pay for a essential UI function.

You don't create a F2P business model that forces you to buy something you know you will need very early into the game. It only ticks off the players and most likely turns them away.

The Fact is, people go to F2P for the means to pay when they want and whenever. $15 is not a big deal, its the stupid business model they decided to go with to force people to pay for a essential UI function.

You don't create a F2P business model that forces you to buy something you know you will need very early into the game. It only ticks off the players and most likely turns them away.

how many times do we have to explain to you that NO western MMO is ever F2P. It's just freemium and it works really well.

You are also wrong about needing the other quick bars early in the game. You can easily make it all the way to 50 with only 2 quick bars.

I know i did.

However if you want to do end game raiding then yes you need them. But you can't do end game raiding with out paying anyway.

More importantly why are you still here?

You said in your first post Good luck with F2P indicating you were leaving

So if you are done with the game why are you still posting in the forums ( the wrong forum btw) about how much you hate something you aren't going to play? Why not just leave and never come back? Do you want to just have an argument? are you trying to stroke your ego online? whats the deal?

Edited by jarjarloves

how many times do we have to explain to you that NO western MMO is ever F2P. It's just freemium and it works really well.

You are also wrong about needing the other quick bars early in the game. You can easily make it all the way to 50 with only 2 quick bars.

I know i did.

However if you want to do end game raiding then yes you need them. But you can't do end game raiding with out paying anyway.

More importantly why are you still here?

You said in your first post Good luck with F2P indicating you were leaving

So if you are done with the game why are you still posting in the forums ( the wrong forum btw) about how much you hate something you aren't going to play? Why not just leave and never come back? Do you want to just have an argument? are you trying to stroke your ego online? whats the deal?

Because I don't want to see this game crash and burn, I've already said how much crap I think the hot bar system is and not only that but the fact that you can upgrade your account for $5 to get ALL of the Digital CE items that people like me payed $150 for at the beginning. It's not encouraging older players to come back and its sad.

Because I don't want to see this game crash and burn, I've already said how much crap I think the hot bar system is and not only that but the fact that you can upgrade your account for $5 to get ALL of the Digital CE items that people like me payed $150 for at the beginning. It's not encouraging older players to come back and its sad.

if you don't want to see the game crash and burn.

1. Why did you stop subbing back after 4 months?

2. Why aren't you subbing now?

If you don't want to see it crash and burn then you should actually pay for the game. Another f2p player who isn't paying a dime like yourself isn't helping the game. In fact you are helping the game crash and burn.

Again you have been rewarded for paying $150 with 1000 cartel coins, do yourself a favor and subscribe for 1 month to get them and show your support.

Saying that you paid $150 for a MMO and then saying you should get everything free now is exactly like complaing that McDonalds is giving away free big macs and you are angry that you have to pay for a drink and frys. You are saying you should get them for free because you have eaten at McDonalds before.

You already got what you paid for and now you want more for free.

Edited by jarjarloves

if you don't want to see the game crash and burn.

1. Why did you stop subbing back after 4 months?

2. Why aren't you subbing now?

If you don't want to see it crash and burn then you should actually pay for the game. Another f2p player who isn't paying a dime like yourself isn't helping the game. In fact you are helping the game crash and burn.

Again you have been rewarded for paying $150 with 1000 cartel coins, do yourself a favor and subscribe for 1 month to get them and show your support.

Saying that you paid $150 for a MMO and then saying you should get everything free now is exactly like complaing that McDonalds is giving away free big macs and you are angry that you have to pay for a drink and frys. You are saying you should get them for free because you have eaten at McDonalds before.

You already got what you paid for and now you want more for free.

You do know that has nothing to do with this topic right, McDonalds is not a video game or a F2P model

I was going to sub but after hearing about this quick bar crap forget about it. I will play through my free time and uninstall the game. Glad it only cost my 10 bucks on amazon. I will never support any game that would do something as sleazy as this. It just seems this genre is going down the toilet.

Is it a questionable decision regarding the toolbars? Probably. Either way, it's the decision that's been made, so you can either pay the fifty cents a day it costs you to play, or have limited choices, it's really that simple.

My guess is that the toolbar issue will be one of the first things to change, but it's a slippery slope. Once you cater to the minority, ultimately the domino effect kicks in.

Is it a questionable decision regarding the toolbars? Probably. Either way, it's the decision that's been made, so you can either pay the fifty cents a day it costs you to play, or have limited choices, it's really that simple.

My guess is that the toolbar issue will be one of the first things to change, but it's a slippery slope. Once you cater to the minority, ultimately the domino effect kicks in.

Point is people don't come to play a F2P game that forces you to pay $15. The best way to deal with this is to Charge people for Cosmetics and Game Updates, but not UI functions.

Point is people don't come to play a F2P game that forces you to pay $15. The best way to deal with this is to Charge people for Cosmetics and Game Updates, but not UI functions.

The point is, this is still not a F2P game its a P2P/F2P hybrid...

Edited by LordDakir

You can debate the semantics of this all you want. Bottom line is, if don't pay a subscription, expect to be limited, it's that simple.

I don't think you see what I'm saying, I don't mind paying for updates or cosmetics,etc. But paying for a UI function is stupid. I cant play my Level 50 I've had since release without them.

I've already spent $150 for the damn CE and I cant get some action bars?

Give me a break.

Simple solution.

Re-sub for 1 month. Get a couple thousand FREE coins. use said coins to buy your unlocks, then go back to preferred status.

considering action bars are now pretty much for sale everywhere on the servers auction housing for 100k credits and hes level 50 and can run dailies i dont even see this as a problem anymore considering with less than a weeks worth of work put in you have all your action bars back and wont have to unlock them ever again

Returning level 50 here and was glad this game is now F2P, but I have to pay money for action bars? You must be out of your mind.

Good luck with F2P

1) you don't HAVE to. The game is playable at 50 with two bars. It's all I ever use except in very special cases.

2) you can spend 5 bucks and then use coins to unlock them if you feel you need them.

3) you could resubscribe and experience no limitations at all AND get free coins each month to spend on fluff items in the shop.

4) you could just log out and not play.

The choice is yours to make of course.

3+ quickbars is a convenience, not a necessity. Convenience should be payed for. This especially applies to F2P, which is mainly just going to be solo leveling unless they pay for unlimited WZs or FPs. No problem here :cool:

I would argue that for some classes 3 quick bars are required, but 4 is indeed convenience. But following your logic, the action bar in it self is convenience. If you want to fight and be successful in this game as a F2P'er then every time your in combat press "p" and start using your skills. But of course that would be silly, a bar has to be set.

In my opinion 3 actions should be given to the player free of charge, anymore than that, should be charged for.

Returning level 50 here and was glad this game is now F2P, but I have to pay money for action bars? You must be out of your mind.

Good luck with F2P

F2P is for leveling and 2 bars is perfectly fine for leveling. End game is where you MIGHT need more than 2 bars, but only due to convenience. You should pay for convenience.