Warzone Backfilling

maverickmatt

I didn't see a thread on this topic already so....

Today I have been backfilled 6 times into Warzones after they were over. It seems that when someone leaves after the scores come up, the system is filling those slots like it doesn't see the game is over.

I got 4 free wins out of it, but it's annoying and not at all what was promised in the patch.

Fix what you broke. That's what momma always said, rest her soul.

Today I have been backfilled 6 times into Warzones after they were over. It seems that when someone leaves after the scores come up, the system is filling those slots like it doesn't see the game is over.

I got 4 free wins out of it, but it's annoying and not at all what was promised in the patch.

Post it in the "Bug Reports".

• Dev Post

Hey maverickmatt, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with backfilling. Could you please tell me which Warzones you were experiencing this in? I will be investigating this issue today and any additional information (even though I'm pretty sure I know what is going on) will help us out. Thanks!

RIP maverickmatt's momma

Hey maverickmatt, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with backfilling. Could you please tell me which Warzones you were experiencing this in? I will be investigating this issue today and any additional information (even though I'm pretty sure I know what is going on) will help us out. Thanks!

RIP maverickmatt's momma

I'm willing to bet it was Ancient Hypergates...

How about you? :cool:

I'm willing to bet it was Ancient Hypergates...

How about you? :cool:

Hmmm...are you suggesting that "possibly" there could be something wrong with map rotations too? I'm not betting against you either.

Hmmm...are you suggesting that "possibly" there could be something wrong with map rotations too? I'm not betting against you either.

that or more ppl quit ahg than any other wz? (I would actually have guessed hb for that distinction -- more of a love/hate WZ)

RIP maverickmatt's momma

The first was Voidstar. Twice.

Then it was Huttball, Civil War, Civil War, Hypergate.

The first was Voidstar. Twice.

Then it was Huttball, Civil War, Civil War, Hypergate.

I lost a bet on Ancient Hypergates...I feel bad.

/throws_20,000_credits_to_yellow_name.

/for_shame.

Edited by Pistols

RIP maverickmatt's momma

Holy **** this is the first EVER staff posting ive ever seen in the pvp forums since the ******* beta tests !!!

How would you solve backfilling ? Any player can leave a game for a number of reasons (DC, power outage, house on fire ...).

Remove backfilling completely would do it for me. Ofcourse if one player leaves at the start you are 7 vs 8 for the remainer of the time. If a second player leaves because of that even worse.

Tip of the day:

Beeing backfilled sucks, people that que in group have no chance to be backfilled.

How would you solve backfilling ? Any player can leave a game for a number of reasons (DC, power outage, house on fire ...).

Remove backfilling completely would do it for me. Ofcourse if one player leaves at the start you are 7 vs 8 for the remainer of the time. If a second player leaves because of that even worse.

Tip of the day:

Beeing backfilled sucks, people that que in group have no chance to be backfilled.

You sir are very close to telling folks to learn to group up, there is a 300 page post in this very forum that has failed to get them to do so.

Tip of the day:

Sigh... I'll explain it for you.

The problem we're experiencing and which this thread specifically refers to is backfilling into a completed match.

That is to say that:

A. The scoreboard is visible upon loading in.

B. Players have already voted MVP and left the Warzone in question.

C. The game loads in new players to fill the slots of those who left.

This results in a player participant list 20 or 30 names long, with the backfilled players having no stats and one medal (Reinforcement Medal).

This would suggest that in their effort to change when the system stops backfilling (this is what they did for PvP in patch 2.2) they somehow allowed the system to, on occasion, backfill past the end of the match when a winner had already been determined and announced.

It's not so different from the glitch that keeps a Warzone open and continues to fill players in indefinitely. The only separation from the user end is that we are being rewarded either a win or a loss simply because the system backfilled inappropriately. With the endless-loop WZ bug, this is not the case.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything else for you. The issue isn't backfilling, it's the command that tells the system when to stop.

Edited by maverickmatt