Command Crates and Reputation Drops Idea

josephxp

One thing I really enjoyed about the GC crates (pretty much the only thing :p) is the chance of dropping a reputation item, which is pretty decent in my opinion seeing as i never maxed out kuat's rep or the space missions rep (got up to hero before hand then gave up).

A while back i made a suggestion on making cartel market reputation items available in some form like a slot machine or something else for the CM packs no longer on the market. With Galactic Command Crates dropping I believe it would be an excellent idea to add Cartel Market reputation (aside from the one that drops from the contraband slot machine already) available to the drop pool of reputation already from the galactic command crates giving players the ability to grab CM rep from discontinued packs.

I agree.

GC should drop Cartel market reputation items, and Cartel market certificates as well. As it stands, there are a handful of vendors in the game that require Cartel market certificates or reputation, and therefore can't be accessed by 99% of the current population because these things haven't been seen in 2+ years. What on earth is the point of having these vendors if the overwhelming majority of the player base can't even use them?

Adding them to Galactic Command might actually make it feel more worth while.

these things haven't been seen in 2+ years

Less than one year, actually. The relevant old packs were re-run last year during the summer.

And they are still in the game because 1% (that is, not zero) of the population *can* use them. I still have some CMC-dropping packs left over from the reruns, AND some cartel certificates already unbundled from those packs. From time to time I go to the rep vendors to see what they are selling. (The last thing I actually bought was a set of Thana Vesh(1) armour for a Juggette who just needs pink lipstick to be a clone of TV. I must get that character to Taris...)

(1) Yes, one of the rep vendors sells this. It's the rep vendor version, so it doesn't unlock in Collections AND it's BoP, but I only wanted it on that one character.

I agree.

GC should drop Cartel market reputation items, and Cartel market certificates as well. As it stands, there are a handful of vendors in the game that require Cartel market certificates or reputation, and therefore can't be accessed by 99% of the current population because these things haven't been seen in 2+ years. What on earth is the point of having these vendors if the overwhelming majority of the player base can't even use them?

Even if CMC's didn't drop from the crates i would be happy. IMO I feel they should just directly sell CMC's for 25-50 CC on the CM.

I agree.

So, because you can't use the CM rep vendors makes you feel entitled for rare items you don't rate. 99% is a speculation. Even if it really is,

99% mob rule isn't an excuse to screw over the 1% or so of veteran players who grinded and got the rep WHEN THE PACKS WERE ACTUALLY AVAILABLE. It had its window, no excuses. You bring rep back you better bring back pvp rewards, it's no different.

Another WAH~ I want it and I want it Now thread.

Edited by Willjb

I think this is a good idea even though I have 99% of these reputations. We have new players coming in and considering the reputations don't drop that much, it should be added.

I don't have a problem with new people getting the reputation that I already have. It would actually be a good way to use the command crates or barring that using the command tokens as well for those that don't do pvp or operations.

I think this is a good idea even though I have 99% of these reputations. We have new players coming in and considering the reputations don't drop that much, it should be added.

I don't have a problem with new people getting the reputation that I already have. It would actually be a good way to use the command crates or barring that using the command tokens as well for those that don't do pvp or operations.

I strongly disagree: opening a galactic soup kitchen for old rare items/rep isn't right. Then bring back old pvp season rewards as that's no different, since Johnny-come-latelies feel entitled to everything for free and trivialize what older veteran players have.

I strongly disagree: opening a galactic soup kitchen for old rare items/rep isn't right. Then bring back old pvp season rewards as that's no different, since Johnny-come-latelies feel entitled to everything for free and trivialize what older veteran players have.

The thing is those items don't unlock in collections and they bind on pick-up, those with the items already unlocked have nothing to lose. I'm not saying CM certificates should be dropped either that would be overkill. But one major thing is if BW continues releasing combo packs like the grand shadow pack which is everything from the shadow packs. Then why will they re-release the individual shadow packs which means no way to get that reputation from the packs.

The thing is it gives people who have a pile of CMC's like me (ive got 40) and option to say buy some rare dyes, or consumables from the rep vendors or i can get that 129 reputation i need left for Estran Exports to be maxxed.

The reason why it seems doable is because of how the vendors work. Buy and Item, it will not unlocked in collections meaning you need to respend CMC's and credits to get that same item again. They are almost all bind on pickup with the exception of a very select few items, but even then you need to reputation to even use the item if bought or traded. With those in mind its a great idea to get the rep out there.

People have been asking for new contraband slot machines to fill this void or other items to get reputation like trading jawa scrap for a reputation item. And as casirabit says s/he has almost all the cartel rep and they are fine with it, i know many of my friends are in the same position and are also fine with it.

Absolutely [[[NO]]] on cartel rep drops. Johnny-come-latelies want all the old rare stuff on the cheap, or in this case free (WTH!!!), and to trivialize what veteran players have so they can get it at a 'pittance'.

I have all the cartel rep maxed except Binary Star Relay and Estran Exports and with EE i just need literally 1 green rep item and maxed, BSR im a newcomer. I'm a vetran player too my collections are 83% completed :D and i have no issue with other players getting cartel market rep who have no standing with any of them. With the GC crate RNG drop it will take a lot of grind for people to get the CM rep anyways for a more rare item (which is not even on the GTN for sale like many of your Stronghold Defender items) and it wont diminish the market.

That is the good thing about the forums we can disagree. I am a veteran (been here since June 2009) and have 99% of the reputation points but it doesn't bother me if they put them in the command crates as it does not trivialize what I have.

Edited by casirabit

Even if CMC's didn't drop from the crates i would be happy. IMO I feel they should just directly sell CMC's for 25-50 CC on the CM.

Directly selling CMC's for 25-50 CC's? Talk about wanting something for practically FREE.

The drop rate on CMC's was about 10%, if I remember correctly. Players felt lucky to get 2 out of a hypercrate.

If I am correct, the packs that contained rep items and CMC's sold for between 180 CC's for the cheaper version with fewer items ( I do not recall if the "cheaper" packs had guaranteed rep items or CMC's, though) and 360 CC's for the larger pack with more items including a guarantee of one rep item or CMC. IIRC, different types of packs had different costs.

Even at the "lower" pack cost of 180 CC, a ten percent drop rate would mean that a CMC would cost an average of 1800 CC or possibly as much as 3600 CC if a player bought the "larger" packs.

Asking for CMC's to be direct sold for 25-50 CC's is more than a little unreasonable, IMO, given their very (extremely) high value and the average CC cost per certificate.

Given BW's recent pricing trends with direct sale item, when looking at the very high value of CMC's and the average "CC cost" per certificate, I would expect that if BW were to sell CMC's directly, they would charge a minimum of 1500 CC per CMC, wuite possibly as much as 2000 CC or more.

Directly selling CMC's for 25-50 CC's? Talk about wanting something for practically FREE.

The drop rate on CMC's was about 10%, if I remember correctly. Players felt lucky to get 2 out of a hypercrate.

If I am correct, the packs that contained rep items and CMC's sold for between 180 CC's for the cheaper version with fewer items ( I do not recall if the "cheaper" packs had guaranteed rep items or CMC's, though) and 360 CC's for the larger pack with more items including a guarantee of one rep item or CMC. IIRC, different types of packs had different costs.

Even at the "lower" pack cost of 180 CC, a ten percent drop rate would mean that a CMC would cost an average of 1800 CC or possibly as much as 3600 CC if a player bought the "larger" packs.

Asking for CMC's to be direct sold for 25-50 CC's is more than a little unreasonable, IMO, given their very (extremely) high value and the average CC cost per certificate.

Given BW's recent pricing trends with direct sale item, when looking at the very high value of CMC's and the average "CC cost" per certificate, I would expect that if BW were to sell CMC's directly, they would charge a minimum of 1500 CC per CMC, wuite possibly as much as 2000 CC or more.

4 months ago i opened a hypercrate from the GTN, i forget which one it was but it was one with reputation drops, and i got 8 CMC's dropped where they downgraded them for some reason to a bronze item. Thats why i based that 25-50cc mark.

4 months ago i opened a hypercrate from the GTN, i forget which one it was but it was one with reputation drops, and i got 8 CMC's dropped where they downgraded them for some reason to a bronze item. Thats why i based that 25-50cc mark.

Even assuming that the drop rate were increased by a factor of 4 and the RNG gods were not just smiling upon you that day, I think that 25-50 CC's would still be extremely under priced, IMO.

Even assuming that the drop rate were increased by a factor of 4 and the RNG gods were not just smiling upon you that day, I think that 25-50 CC's would still be extremely under priced, IMO.

I wont argue with that, though i feel if they just added them to the newer packs problem solved.

Regardless i feel putting rep tokens for CM vendors a great way to utilize GC RNG rep drops.

(Can't wait to see if Iokath rep will drop from them)

I wont argue with that, though i feel if they just added them to the newer packs problem solved.

Regardless i feel putting rep tokens for CM vendors a great way to utilize GC RNG rep drops.

(Can't wait to see if Iokath rep will drop from them)

I do not necessarily disagree with either of those two suggestions, although I recognize that doing so would likely "devalue" the older packs that contained rep items or CMC's which is something that BW seems to want to avoid.

Possibly BW could "add" to future packs one random rep item from older packs or a CMC, but again, that would likely "devalue" those older packs.

I do not necessarily disagree with either of those two suggestions, although I recognize that doing so would likely "devalue" the older packs that contained rep items or CMC's which is something that BW seems to want to avoid.

Possibly BW could "add" to future packs one random rep item from older packs or a CMC, but again, that would likely "devalue" those older packs.

Then again if they continue using the grand shadow pack style instead of releasing the older packs, how will that devalue those older packs? :cool:

Then again if they continue using the grand shadow pack style instead of releasing the older packs, how will that devalue those older packs? :cool:

Let's take the Shadow packs for an example.

The shadow packs generally run anywhere from 4-8 million each on the GTN on Harbinger depending on the specific pack.

I've not noticed any decrease in the price of the Shadow packs despite the Grand Shadow packs being sold.

Does this mean that those Shadow packs are as high as they are only because they have the specific rep items tied to those packs? Not necessarily, but I'm going to guess that the rep item and chance at a CMC at least contribute to the high cost of those packs.

Making the rep items and CMC's available in new packs or even by direct sale would definitely take away some of the value of those packs, IMO.

Note, i am not arguing against making rep items or CMC's available again. I am only pointing out that doing so could "devalue" the older packs that contained those rep items and CMC's and that BW seems to be reluctant to "devalue" CM items, as evidenced by the recent direct sales and high cost for those direct sale items.

Let's take the Shadow packs for an example.

The shadow packs generally run anywhere from 4-8 million each on the GTN on Harbinger depending on the specific pack.

I've not noticed any decrease in the price of the Shadow packs despite the Grand Shadow packs being sold.

Does this mean that those Shadow packs are as high as they are only because they have the specific rep items tied to those packs? Not necessarily, but I'm going to guess that the rep item and chance at a CMC at least contribute to the high cost of those packs.

Making the rep items and CMC's available in new packs or even by direct sale would definitely take away some of the value of those packs, IMO.

Note, i am not arguing against making rep items or CMC's available again. I am only pointing out that doing so could "devalue" the older packs that contained those rep items and CMC's and that BW seems to be reluctant to "devalue" CM items, as evidenced by the recent direct sales and high cost for those direct sale items.

One other thing to consider is that they have randomly brought back old packs off and on. The reputation really doesn't do that much without the CMCs to use them, and even then someone can already dump a few million into a slot machine and eventually get a few...

The extra rep options would add a few more things to the command crates that wouldn't be disintegrated at the same time.

Putting the CMC's at a little under the price of a months subscription would work since the items aren't collection unlockables and would need to be bought for different characters anyway. Though, perhaps in the 1K CC range if the items would be added to the collection when acquired (Give them a unique symbol and go with that).

Hell, make the CMC's something that would use a pile of the command tokens to get instead because those tend to be disintegration fodder since the only thing you tend to use them for other than a couple for gear is to up your cxp rate...

One other thing to consider is that they have randomly brought back old packs off and on. The reputation really doesn't do that much without the CMCs to use them, and even then someone can already dump a few million into a slot machine and eventually get a few...

The extra rep options would add a few more things to the command crates that wouldn't be disintegrated at the same time.

Putting the CMC's at a little under the price of a months subscription would work since the items aren't collection unlockables and would need to be bought for different characters anyway. Though, perhaps in the 1K CC range if the items would be added to the collection when acquired (Give them a unique symbol and go with that).

Hell, make the CMC's something that would use a pile of the command tokens to get instead because those tend to be disintegration fodder since the only thing you tend to use them for other than a couple for gear is to up your cxp rate...

Some of the CMC purchased decorations are highly valued and sought after. This is one of the reasons CMC's are so valuable. It is also one of the reasons why I wonder if BW would be willing to devalue them or the items purchased with them by direct selling them at a pittance.