Predacious Season 6 Has Begun!

AlexModny

• Dev Post

Salutations PvPers! The Predacious Season 6 is upon us and accompanying the brutal action is a brand new Reward Systems and other changes to PvP. You can catch up or refresh yourself with the details here!

We have a Predacious reward teaser blog incoming but we wanted to get y'all the generic reward list and prices so you can plan a strategy accordingly for the rewards you want. We will be filling in the details and showing off the rewards throughout the season so stay tuned!

Rewards for placing in Bronze Tier

• Bronze Season 6 Unique PvP Item
  • Bronze Season 6 Decoration
  • 5,400 Season 6 Tokens

Rewards for placing in Silver Tier

• Silver Season 6 Unique PvP Item
  • Silver Season 6 Decoration
  • 26,000 Season 6 Tokens

Rewards for placing in Gold Tier

• Gold Season 6 Unique PvP Item
  • Gold Season 6 Decoration
  • 113,000 Season 6 Tokens

Rewards for placing in Top 96 (Top 3 Characters per Advanced Class World Wide)

• Unique Title
  • Every Tier reward from previous tiers (does not include tokens)
  • 144,400 Season 6 Tokens

Vendor Rewards (available for purchase after the end of Season 6)

• Predacious Tier 3 Title- 1,800 Season 6 Tokens
  • Ranked Black-Silver Striated Color Crystal Lockbox (contains 2 Endurance, 2 Critical, 2 Power, and 2 Expertise Crystals) - 3,600 Season 6 Tokens
  • Predacious Tier 2 Title - 6,000 Season 6 Tokens
  • Predacious Weapon Set - 20,000 Season 6 Tokens
  • Predacious Tier 1 Title - 32,000 Season 6 Tokens
  • Predacious Color Crystal Lockbox (contains 2 Endurance, 2 Critical, 2 Power, and 2 Expertise Crystals) - 33,000 Season 6 Tokens
  • Predacious Vehicle Mount - 48,000 Season 6 Tokens

*The rating requirement for tiers will be released later in the season and rewards are the same for solo and group queue.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone play Ranked with the new reward system and hope everyone enjoys it!

Cheers!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we, please, fix the rating gain/loss system before the middle of the season? I am affraid of participating, because I will end up, again, being the best player in the team being dragged down by trolls, sync queuers and bads... It's pretty crazy that at 1200 rating the game treated me as if i was some top 30 and "rewarded" me with -15s for lost games and awarded with +9. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am affraid of participating, because I will end up, again, being the best player in the team being dragged down by trolls, sync queuers and bads... .

:confused:

it's hard to be the tree-hugging liberal on this board when I read stuff like this.

• Dev Post
It's cool that you posted this at the start of the season, but why do you refuse to give unique rewards for group ranked?

Not a refusal, we just want to make sure we do it right and offer something that is appropriate and enticing without making people feel they have to do Group Ranked to get the reward they really want. It is a balancing act and we haven't found that perfect reward yet. If you have ideas for a Group specific reward (or any season rewards!) please post them in the Reward Suggestion thread, I check it every time there is a new post.

Cheers!

Not a refusal, we just want to make sure we do it right and offer something that is appropriate and enticing without making people feel they have to do Group Ranked to get the reward they really want. It is a balancing act and we haven't found that perfect reward yet. If you have ideas for a Group specific reward (or any season rewards!) please post them in the Reward Suggestion thread, I check it every time there is a new post.

Cheers!

You dont seem to have that issue with operations.....Several mounts that you can only get in OPs. Personally I am completely in favor of that design. There's plenty of reskins going around but the concept of "everybody wins" to me is lame. The point of end game is to get something unique that you work towards. If we all know there is just going to be a reskin a few weeks later then the entire appeal goes away.

I just got 140 tokens for my first victory with full medals. So with slightly over 10 victories, you can purchase the bronze title without having to worry about Elo, and 10 victories are definitely doable in a 3-month period. The new reward structure is great; I'm going to play some more this season, maybe I'll even have enough tokens for the crystal lockbox or the titles. :)

I'm happy that there is no separate Group Ranked reward anymore like there was for the crystal lockbox. I'd be fine with something small like a title or trophy decoration but anything bigger would discourage me from doing Rated PvP. There are just way too many things to do in this game (I mainly PvE) that I don't have time for a fixed rated group.

You dont seem to have that issue with operations.....Several mounts that you can only get in OPs. Personally I am completely in favor of that design. There's plenty of reskins going around but the concept of "everybody wins" to me is lame. The point of end game is to get something unique that you work towards. If we all know there is just going to be a reskin a few weeks later then the entire appeal goes away.

Well, the raiders just got screwed by having the Denova tank from EC NiM put on the Cartel Market. Not only does it look much nicer, it also has a mount flourish. And unlike PvP, you actually have to use your mount in PvE. Yet you don't see any PvE player complaining about that (the ones I talked to are busy farming credits to be able to afford that mount) so I can think we stop with the entitlement of PvPers.

Add to that the fact that nightmare mounts never disappear while rated rewards are only available for a limited time.

Edited by Jerba

Thanks so much for lowering the kill medal requirement and not tying it to killing blows. I can finally get a decent amount of medals as a Sniper in arenas as long as me and my team don't get stomped. :) Edited by OMGITSJAD

Weapon set 20,000.

Curses, I was kinda hoping the weapons would be separated out, so I could pick and choose which ones to strive for.

Yeah, I was hoping the same thing. :( That would let me play on a few different alts and earn a weapon for each one. As it is, I'm going to have to put effort into one character and just hope I don't tank like I did last season.

20,000 minus the comms from earning bronze . . . you'll need about 100 victories. Yeesh, just thinking about playing a hundred arenas matches is enough to make me want to jump out a window. Any word about possibly adding objective matches for season 7? *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*glaaaaare*

Cheers!

Solo player here, but I would still suggest increasing the payout for group matches. The group queue is naturally going to be less populated, the competition more fierce. That means it'll be harder for interim level players to save up for higher rewards than they can earn which will discourage many players from picking up group. You'll also encourage more group participation without making anyone really feel "forced" to participate in that queue.

This is perfect, thanks!

I am of the opinion that the titles should not be purchasable - otherwise they tend to lose their meaning. A player having a tier 1 title could have hit the tier 1 rating, or perhaps they never even hit bronze but simply played an insane number of games. I'm not really into titles and would not purchase one regardless, but for those who care about such things, having them purchasable makes them lose their meaning IMO.

Overall, I like it. Thanks a bunch for the time put into this!

I am of the opinion that the titles should not be purchasable - otherwise they tend to lose their meaning. A player having a tier 1 title could have hit the tier 1 rating, or perhaps they never even hit bronze but simply played an insane number of games. I'm not really into titles and would not purchase one regardless, but for those who care about such things, having them purchasable makes them lose their meaning IMO

+1 !!

Edited by AmarantKando

Weapon set 20,000.

Curses, I was kinda hoping the weapons would be separated out, so I could pick and choose which ones to strive for.

that'd be nice agreed. If I just want a lightsaber lemme get one at a discount. no sense having to sit on an assault canon I'll never use

What if I reach silver rank in both group and solo? Will I get 52000 tokens or only 26000?

I've only done enough g ranked matches to get a rating for one season sadly but when I did I'm pretty sure I didn't get double the rewards at the end of the season iirc(could be misremembering though). So I would assume this would be the same(though they should probably change that).

Edited by OMGITSJAD

Would be nice making each weapon separate and buyable for dont know 1500 tokens each , so people that dont want some weapons can only buy those they are interested in and dont waste more time farming more tokens

The point of this is to get more people playing and keep them playing not so you can get in and get out as fast as possible.

What does this mean exactly? top 3 characters per advanced class doesn't equal out to 96 or I'm just misreading it?

What does this mean exactly? top 3 characters per advanced class doesn't equal out to 96 or I'm just misreading it?

Top 3 per advance class per queue type (group and solo)

So 6 Shadows, 6 Assassins, etc, because 3 for solo, 3 for group.