Pve dudes q for solo rated

Azibux

So i got this guy yesterday, solo rated on tofn, he had 49k life and ~1200 exp..

instead of going into rage mode and flame him, i told him in a gentle way that he isnt bolstered very well with this mods,

put 162 and 148 main/off hand on... I also told him that there is a great thread in the pvp forums explaining bolster.

His response was that i need to learn english, he doesnt care for the forums and i should stop harassing him since he is just playing casual.:rak_02:

i didnt respond to that.

im giving up on those guys.

Edited by Azibux

Yeah...its beyond a joke.

I just dont get why BW dont simply put a 2018 gate on it. Seriously, the positive feedback from the pvp community would be so huge that it would be such an easy win for them amongst the other drama.

Those 'casuals' can go get raped in regs, but the understanding MUST be that ranked is not for casuals, or at least not that level of casuals lol.

So i got this guy yesterday, solo rated on tofn, he had 49k life and ~1200 exp..

instead of going into rage mode and flame him, i told him in a gentle way that he isnt bolstered very well with this mods,

put 162 and 148 main/off hand on... I also told him that there is a great thread in the pvp forums explaining bolster.

His response was that i need to learn english, he doesnt care for the forums and i should stop harassing him since he is just playing casual.:rak_02:

i didnt respond to that.

Hey, I agree with your sentiment, HOWEVER the other guy is right in ONE thing, slightly better English would help your case out a lot.

It's not rated, its ranked. Took me quite while to understand. "Q", while chat-friendly, is not very nice in thread titles, and your punctuation and capitalization could use a bit of work.

People are generally more inclined to listen to advice if it is well-formatted.

I have both witnessed and experienced myself that people will pay more attention to you if they don't think you're a 'n00b' yourself. However strong your point, it is often lost if poorly presented.

Again, this is not an insult or criticism -- just a suggestion for improving communication.

English is my second language. I am Russian by birth and upbringing. Naturally, I knew algebra when I was 9.

However no-one took me seriously when I talked of functions and variables while getting half the articles wrong :)

Edited by NikSunrider

Ok next time i drop some shakespear lines.

"To bolster or not to bolster that is the question."

I hope he gets it then.

Seriously i get your point and im always trying to improve on my english since im playing on an english server.

Don't see a problem with anything you've written dude, might be missing some punctuation and lower case when it should be a cap but lets face it....that's not really important. putting in a full stop, comma or caps isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to someone listening to you or not.

Nothing wrong with what you've said dude

Edited by Zoidrinali

Hey, I agree with your sentiment, HOWEVER the other guy is right in ONE thing, slightly better English would help your case out a lot.

It's not rated, its ranked. Took me quite while to understand. "Q", while chat-friendly, is not very nice in thread titles, and your punctuation and capitalization could use a bit of work.

I have both witnessed and experienced myself that people will pay more attention to you if they don't think you're a 'n00b' yourself. However strong your point, it is often lost if poorly presented.

Again, this is not an insult or criticism -- just a suggestion for improving communication.

English is my second language. I am Russian by birth and upbringing. Naturally, I knew algebra when I was 9.

However no-one took me seriously when I talked of functions and variables while getting half the articles wrong :)

Coming from someone who plays both wow and swtor...

In WoW ranked is called rated

In swtor rated is called ranked.

Point is im sure you get his point. No reason to correct typos if you understand the concept of the tooth fairy. They have my tooth and I want it back!!!

Seriously, you are a troll. You are probably the same guy he is referencing in his RWZ. you are pulling semantics in favor of the accused RWZ troll. you are why we cant have nice things.

Seriously, you are a troll. You are probably the same guy he is referencing in his RWZ. you are pulling semantics in favor of the accused RWZ troll. you are why we cant have nice things.

Bob, are you stalking me?

Every single thread I post in, you come in. Half the time, its something about me you wanna say.

Please please please, unless you want to have a constructive debate, cut this out.

And @Tue, the argument is not about being nice enough, there is no argument. I am merely saying that "kan u pls war PVP gir, u arnt bolstrd" reads as badly as "l2p pvp n00b".

I'm not excusing or abusing anyone, I am making a suggestion that will benefit the OP and not give me a headache. Do you know how hard reading misspelling on a screen-reader is?

Edited by NikSunrider

I'm starting to queue ranked with PVE gear now, mostly PVE but I have a few pieces of PVP.

Thanks for bioware for letting me queue without 2018 rating.

Of course I would be better geared if I could move comms over to my character, but I can't do that any more because bioware patched the stronghold titles

I'm starting to queue ranked with PVE gear now, mostly PVE but I have a few pieces of PVP.

Thanks for bioware for letting me queue without 2018 rating.

Of course I would be better geared if I could move comms over to my character, but I can't do that any more because bioware patched the stronghold titles

So other people have to suffer because you don't move mods over via legacy gear? That's nice.

i didnt respond to that.

He would have fallen into the troll category, either as a "loss pusher" or a person that has no clue what he's doing.

We need more support on our New Ranked System thread. The link is in my signature.

On my 60 Mando I get raped in 4 v 4. But at least in reg they use a little lube. I wouldn't even consider going into rank without full augmented DR. You still get raped, but there they don't even use lube.

Going in to ranked with any PVE gear is like running into ranked naked with a sign saying, "Come and get it." I real life equivalent would be to wrap yourself in cooked bacon and jump into a pit or ravanous wolves.

Hell, the other team might save him for last just to prove a point that he ain't even a threat regardless of the class being played.

Edited by ForceWelder

I just dont get why BW dont simply put a 2018 gate on it. Seriously, the positive feedback from the pvp community would be so huge that it would be such an easy win for them amongst the other drama.

Those 'casuals' can go get raped in regs, but the understanding MUST be that ranked is not for casuals, or at least not that level of casuals lol.

Let's say I've got a pvp legacy set for my sorc but I want to try rateds on my sniper. Do you want my sniper to have to put on my sorc's set to get into games? What we really want is more people doing ranked pvp - then the accomplished players only get grouped with and against other accomplished players and the newbs and trolls get to play with other newbs and trolls exclusively.

Edited by Savej

or bolster everyone up to 2018 and flatten the stats in rated (since they refuse to do so for regs). obviously, ppl are not play their gear grind game in one way or another.

For more than a year the PVP community has asked BW to make it impossible to QUE for ranked without wearing 2018 exp on your gear. This is simple. This is the changing of a variable. Please BW do not allow people to Que for ranked without 2018 exp.

Of course people will still suck, and troll. BUT at least the oblivious derps will be shut out.

So other people have to suffer because you don't move mods over via legacy gear? That's nice.

sarcasm is not always easy to detect on forums, but he's having a go at BW and their half-arsed implementation of rated formats and comms.

Actually having 2018 expertise before bolster, would be the easiest.

I'd go as far as saying, have augments as well, in each slot, but alas...

If they could figure out a way to just have a 2018 gate to ranked, they could just turn off bolster entirely for ranked warzones.

I like the proposed plan to greet the new-comers with the well-worded speech.

Just imagine the touring PvE’er come to sightsee the bunch of gankers, who bookmarked the PvP-PvE dictionary on the page that states that the full formal form of address is the “You F***g Moron”, being greeted with:

“Your gear, stranger, will not suffice. Dressed to die, not dressed to kill you have come to our honest company. If not malitious in intent, yet through the well-meant ignorance, and by mistake you have done so, I implore you to quest the marketsquare or your wardrobes in pursuit of suitable attire. The common’s wisdom holds such to be no higher than 162 in rating save for the weapons.”

And while s/he’s taking it in, desperately gropping for the famed toxicity s/he’d come to experience, it’s time to bring Shakespear in: “When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with. “

In White Say.

The opposition nods sagely (also in White Say): “Indeed, the Bard has it right. Wisely put, valiant foe.”

“Verily,” agrees the Healer, “the better part of valor is discretion, in the which better part I have sav'd my life.”

Who won’t change into 162s on the spot?!

And if that is not happening, maybe have a learned debate between the rounds in respect to the choice of the background music on VOIP. Should it be the stirring harmony of Traviata or the savage discords of Borodin’s?