Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher will not install patch 2.6.2- repair not working either...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher will not install patch 2.6.2- repair not working either...

alexandereklbadh
04.08.2014 , 09:12 AM | #51
Hi! I have had the exact same problem as you Slim. I have been playing this game since the first day of release and everything has gone really smooth, no problems whatsoever until the 2.6.2 patch came out. Like you i have not been able to play since 3 weeks back.
Really hope that we can get some sort of Support on this so that we can continue playing!

SlimsPicken
04.08.2014 , 01:07 PM | #52
Well, seems 2.7 broke my patcher ...again.

so looks like I get to try to patch from laptop, then transfer files again to my main computer.... extremely frustrating and not the proper way to patch...which leads me to ask...why? why is this happening? if biofail had any customer support to help troubleshoot this it would be great, but alas,. seems they dont help support their own customers.

so Alex, if you are experiencing this same issue, my solution was as follows:

download and install the game from disk (or via the web download if you dont have the disks) onto a seperate computer.

transfer files from that completed download onto your main computer via USB stick and over write files on main computer which will not repair or install.

remember to save your GUI profiles as explained upthread.

Reinsert your GUI profile over the top of newly installed SWTOR files so you have your main profiles ready to reapply to every character...

enjoy(?) the game.

I have 7 days left on my sub, and briefly entertained the notion of resubbing last night after the fix worked, but wisely waited until todays patch tosee if it re broke me...which it did...thus killing any notion of resubbing due to poor support.

getting to the "who wants my stuff" phase quickly.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

SlimsPicken
04.10.2014 , 09:55 PM | #53
By doing about 10 minutes of browsing I have found no less than half a dozen threads about this exact issue.

Which makes the lack of support even more frustrating. What a shame.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

alexandereklbadh
04.11.2014 , 09:17 AM | #54
Sorry for the late reply slim.
I cannot do the solution you posted with installing to another computer and so forth, but i did try to reinstall the game but it did not work. I also tried to delete the asset and the movies folder, The launcher did start to download them again but then as it started patching it stopped again!

I think it is so sad that we have to come up with various solutions all by our self's because we don't get the support we need!
If they somehow decide to help with this problem, i think they could at least offer us something in return for waiting so long. Like cartel coins or a month free time

alexandereklbadh
04.11.2014 , 01:57 PM | #55
Wow i actually got the game to work again. It repaired after many tries and started installing the patch. When the launcher stopped installing the patch i just paused the install, shut down the swtor launcher using task manager and started it up again. This went on for at least 1 hour until it finally installed everything and i could play again

SlimsPicken
04.11.2014 , 03:34 PM | #56
I tried that method and had no luck, it would reduce the number of repair files occasionally, but would never completely repair.

Im just going to keep bumping this useless thread until my sub runs out, such a shame that it seems many persons are forced to unsub because they get no support.

The fact that this patch related problem not of my making has caused me to lose a month of playtime and leave a game I loved and put countless hours into saddens me beyond words.

The fact that my real world money and time has been wasted and not a single customer support agent has bothered to reply has lost my last shred of faith in this company.

Its no wonder so many bitter ex players take to badmouthing Bioware. Its fully deserved.