Non-Slicer's plea for slicing buff

MnMrMustard

As everyone knows, slicing was nerfed recently by around 70%. What many are now finding is that this nerf caused a ripple effect that has not stabilized, at least on my servers.

I was running gathering missions for crafting materials and then selling them on GTN (bio, arch, and scavenging), playing the market to not over-saturate. This made more than slicing ever did for me but, as soon as it was sliced, the market crashed. Materials sell but for almost half in some cases.

None of the prices I sold these for were outrageous in any way. They were reasonable and crafters were able to buy the mats, craft an item, then sell it for a profit. Now, every crafter I know (who made way more than I did) is making hardly anything.

I'm not QQing as I've found another way to make decent money, 10-20% doing almost nothing, but this new way doesn't effect other players in a positive way like slicing did.

(Full disclosure, I had a character who was slicing but stopped before the nerf as it didn't make as much)