Treasure Hunting Vs. Slicing

Boxerbriefs

I make probably 5-6x with TH than Slicing. But I could stumble into a area with 10x the normal lockboxes and then it evens out. If you are sending out companions on slicing missions for lockboxes then you are stupid. That has been proven to yield no gains, even losses.

The thing with TH is, whenever they come back with a lockbox + green vendor item, it's a guaranteed income gain. Usually netting you double what you put in. If they come back with a blue, then it is a 4x gain. If epic/orange, then 6x gain. ( rough estimations ) I've rarely had a TH mission that I regret sending out.

If they come back with just a money box, it's usually breaking even. Maybe a little gain on the side. But not much, killing a few mobs and vendoring would net the same results.

However, I think Slicing + TH together is a great combination. Slice everything you come across for some steady income while grinding mobs and vendoring their trash/greens. TH brings in a very dependable rate of greens/blues/epics/oranges along with cash on the side.Just stop by the GTN and list everything that would be something people would want, vendor the rest.

It's great income with none of the hassle aside from having to stop by the GTN once or twice a day to relist things. You must also have a alt, because the sheer quantity of stuff you need to sell at one given time can be staggering. I've had up to 13 pages of blues/oranges/low lvl greens/epics up on the GTN after a full day of playing. I login the next day and find about 200k sitting in my box @ lvl 38. Another 100K didn't sell. But it's ok, I'll just relist it because the cost to list things on the GTN is frankly, broken.