Slap in the face from Bioware

copperdogg

thanks Bioware for the slap in the face with the new update. you might make more money off the game now but will have unhappy customers. i worked and slaved to get the credits for my rocket boots at a price of 4.5 mil credits. now you offer them to the new and free to play customers for hardly nothing. we subs that have played this game and dealt with all the glitches and broken patches and stuck by you the whole time get the shaft. things like rocket boots and speeders are a big part of this game and gives the player something to work for, things some others dont have. used to be you could look at a player and see the items and loot they had and know that person put some time in to that toon. well no more is that the case. i think it only right to refund the credits your PAYING CUSTOMERS spent for these things you almost give away now and let them have the chance to buy them from the cartel shop. what is the point of the game now, everyone has all the stuff you had to work for. a sad day for paying customes!!!! getting the shaft again.. Edited by copperdogg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I want my credits back for the rocket boots I bought months ago.. an actual refund on the purchase price. I will give Bioware the 5 and a half bucks it will cost to buy the cartel coins to buy them back.

Bioware would have a fit if I was to sell 4 million credits for real cash so someone could buy rocket boots.. but has no problem selling rocket boots for 5 bucks.. really? 5 freakin dollars! 540CC for all 3 stages ... In their world, one of these "fancy new set of armor" is worth close to 9 mill in credits .. hmmm , makes perfect sense! [facepalm]

At least they could have made the new pricing a little painful to the P2W crowd.. I could see 1200CC for each stage, maybe.. Make them work for them like the rest of us, but 540cc for all 3? .. the insane mentality of the people in Austin is really going to kill this game. Oh, that is right, as I keep seeing in Gen chat, "this game is dead".

At the same time, I was able to buy an extra storage bay for 1050CC (account wide) or 2 mil each.. seriously what are these guys thinking? It makes absolutely NO sense at all. NOT that I am complaining about the storage bays, they are best item in the whole list of cra.... stuff they put out yesterday, IMO.

Edited by theeANGELofDEATH

Everything in mmo is subject to change, live with it.

Of course they will change things, but dropping the price of a luxury item from 4 mill to 5 bucks is a slap in the face to those who worked for them.. it would be the same as if they came out next month with the ability to buy unlocks into endgame gear(26-28), like the artifact gear unlocks, then put up dreadguard and warhero gear up for sale for CC. People worked for that gear, then later the Devs come along and say "here, you can now buy these for 5 bucks".

It makes as much sense as putting defense rating on smuggler gear.. must be a QQ thing, right?

Of course they will change things, but dropping the price of a luxury item from 4 mill to 5 bucks is a slap in the face to those who worked for them.. it would be the same as if they came out next month with the ability to buy unlocks into endgame gear(26-28), like the artifact gear unlocks, then put up dreadguard and warhero gear up for sale for CC. People worked for that gear, then later the Devs come along and say "here, you can now buy these for 5 bucks".

It makes as much sense as putting defense rating on smuggler gear.. must be a QQ thing, right?

There is a difference between convenience and P2W. You don't need rocket boots for anything that matters. Under your logic, I am surprised you aren't crying for a refund now that the game is free.

Yeah, yeah...tell that to Warlocks in WoW who slaved over getting their mount through an epic quest chain and had to borrow gold and mats from guildmates only to see them then decide to just give it to everyone via the the class trainer :rolleyes:

Stuff changes.

Also - it's fake money. 4 million credits is really not hard to make anymore. Neither is $5 but that is part of my real life budget.

i do not understand the people incharge of this game. do they have any clue what is going on? please Bioware fix this problem. if it were a free game all these moths i wouldnt have such a problem with it. i pay for my accounts and the FTP gang get all the good stuff. i would like mu credits back BIOWARE!!!!!!

i do not understand the people incharge of this game. do they have any clue what is going on? please Bioware fix this problem. if it were a free game all these moths i wouldnt have such a problem with it. i pay for my accounts and the FTP gang get all the good stuff. i would like mu credits back BIOWARE!!!!!!

Dude...it's not a problem. You bought something...and now it is cheaper. Things like this happen all the time in games. It's called progression...its call CHANGE. The F2P is a big deal...and you know what...if someone buys those boots for 5 bucks, and stays, as a sub I am ok with that, even though I spent 4.5 million on a full upgrade for the boots. That means that person is helping this game out. Deal with it...many of us have to.

it is fake money, its not fake time i put into getting the fake money. thats the point i am trying to make here. i spent alot of time grinding to got them, and now you can create a free account and get boots just like that. not cool, oh and the nice thing about these forums is i can come in here and gripe about this as much as i want. so the get used to it statment was uncalled for.

Thanks

and you know what...if someone buys those boots for 5 bucks, and stays, as a sub I am ok with that, even though I spent 4.5 million on a full upgrade for the boots. That means that person is helping this game out.

This ^ completely changed my view; never thought it like that.

A plausible reason why Bioware is catering to F2P players is to keep the new F2P playerbase sticking around. Easy access to speeders would surely encourage me to stick around longer to keep exploring swtor.

I'm just hoping Bioware is slowrolling this whole F2P transition and we loyal subbers get rewarded big in the end.

A plausible reason why Bioware is catering to F2P players is to keep the new F2P playerbase sticking around. Easy access to speeders would surely encourage me to stick around longer to keep exploring swtor.

I'm just hoping Bioware is slowrolling this whole F2P transition and we loyal subbers get rewarded big in the end.

We loyal subscribers get rewarded via "free" cartel coins for every month we sub. So, in a way they're basically giving us everything that can be purchased on with cartel coins for nothing more than being a loyal subscriber. Granted, it will take time to be able to purchase everything for all twelve characters, but it's from doing nothing more than we have already loyally been doing for a year now.

As for those who are irked over things they had to grind for now being almost handed out, it happens in just about every MMO out there. Does it suck, yes, but it's just the way that it is. Eventually some of those things we grinded countless hours to obtain will become completely obsolete in the game... it happens.

Lowering prices is not just a phenomenon of the gaming world, shops do it all the time.

Do you moan if you purchase a large item from a shop only to find 6 months later they have discounted it, no. There is not much difference between the two. One is a virtual economy and one is a real economy, prices can and should fluctuate in both.

In the real world we work to buy things and corporations sets the prices that we pay.

In the game we have crew skills to make credits, Bioware sets the prices that we pay for items that are not on the GTN.

The more people who either sub or buy cartel coins means the longer this game can run and hopefully improve, I would have thought that was more important than what long term subscribers payed for items before 1.5. I for one do not mind and welcome changes that Bioware are making to the game in the hope that it will be around for a long time to come.

while I understand the frustration (I think back to spending $40 real dollars on portal 2, being disappointed with the length of the game, only to see it sell for $10 not a month later), but such is the nature of getting things earlier. its kinda the same with SWTOR. I paid $20 for my digital deluxe upgrade at launch. and now its selling for $5.

the cost of most things inevitably goes down. sometimes - drastically. in the end it comes down to you basically paying extra for having access longer.

thanks Bioware for the slap in the face with the new update. you might make more money off the game now but will have unhappy customers. i worked and slaved to get the credits for my rocket boots at a price of 4.5 mil credits. now you offer them to the new and free to play customers for hardly nothing. we subs that have played this game and dealt with all the glitches and broken patches and stuck by you the whole time get the shaft. things like rocket boots and speeders are a big part of this game and gives the player something to work for, things some others dont have. used to be you could look at a player and see the items and loot they had and know that person put some time in to that toon. well no more is that the case. i think it only right to refund the credits your PAYING CUSTOMERS spent for these things you almost give away now and let them have the chance to buy them from the cartel shop. what is the point of the game now, everyone has all the stuff you had to work for. a sad day for paying customes!!!! getting the shaft again..

So true ! Just so you know you're not the only one who feels like this (good to see likeminded reactions even), 1.5 feels like a deathblow to the game for me, but we'll see ....

Ps. : don't care about the money spend and ingame creds, had my fun for them.

Edited by Cyber_Addict_NL

I bought a graphics card for $180 ... 9 months later it was on sale for 90 on tigerdirect(after rebate)

Its happens in the real world and in the our virtual ones too.

Plus what did it take you 3 weeks of doing your dailies quests? Thats good time spent. Perhaps Bioware can make it where those that purchased it with credits prior to F2P can get another rocket that shoots out their *** to show they had it before it was cheap.

Maybe make the rockets different colors too.

Should have realized that the cost for those legacy perks was to high to begin with. Had no one bought them they would have reconsidered the prices and lowered them down. When they price a mailbox for a million credits I don't even consider it an option. Spend your money more wisely and you wont have regrets like this.

I bought a graphics card for $180 ... 9 months later it was on sale for 90 on tigerdirect(after rebate)

Its happens in the real world and in the our virtual ones too.

Plus what did it take you 3 weeks of doing your dailies quests? Thats good time spent. Perhaps Bioware can make it where those that purchased it with credits prior to F2P can get another rocket that shoots out their *** to show they had it before it was cheap.

Maybe make the rockets different colors too.

Yeah I boutght an LED TV back when they were new for 1800 bucks. Now they are 300 dollars.

You paid 4-5 Mil to have rocket boots for months ahead of all of us 'non hard working' players'. QQing for the sake of QQing. You have the boots, now so do other people. If you're going to cry about it, perhaps you should take a long hard look at the value you place in virtual content. Edited by Nanglez

This fanbase will complain about anything.

Please, just be quiet. I can't handle listening to all this ************. Be grateful that you got it in the first place, this is dumber then listening to people QQ about Jedi being able to be playable at level 1 in SWG.

Edited by JediMasterKevinl

thanks Bioware for the slap in the face with the new update. you might make more money off the game now but will have unhappy customers. i worked and slaved to get the credits for my rocket boots at a price of 4.5 mil credits. now you offer them to the new and free to play customers for hardly nothing. we subs that have played this game and dealt with all the glitches and broken patches and stuck by you the whole time get the shaft. things like rocket boots and speeders are a big part of this game and gives the player something to work for, things some others dont have. used to be you could look at a player and see the items and loot they had and know that person put some time in to that toon. well no more is that the case. i think it only right to refund the credits your PAYING CUSTOMERS spent for these things you almost give away now and let them have the chance to buy them from the cartel shop. what is the point of the game now, everyone has all the stuff you had to work for. a sad day for paying customes!!!! getting the shaft again..

I agree with copperdog here. The rocket pack and GTN for your ship were the two big ticket items to work for. While, if you know the "ins and outs" of what sells on the GTN, credits are hardly a big deal a lot of folks did work hard to unlock these perks by running countless dailies. Basically giving it away for a relatively small amount of CCs is bad customer service in my opinion... Not that I have any expectation EA will give a damn, let alone reimburse any players their credits back.

it is fake money, its not fake time i put into getting the fake money. thats the point i am trying to make here. i spent alot of time grinding to got them, and now you can create a free account and get boots just like that. not cool, oh and the nice thing about these forums is i can come in here and gripe about this as much as i want. so the get used to it statment was uncalled for.

Thanks

You gaming attitude is somewhat wrong. And a matter to consider to change.

Ask yourself - why are you playing the game?

The normal answer - is to have fun BY GAMEPLAY.

And what you are saying is that you are not having the fun in the gameplay itself... It is looked like you are in desperate need of self-confidence improve by boasting with some items. «Yay! Look at me - Im better than you because i spend a lot of time in game to grind credits, while all of you have enjoying your reallife!»

Thus if you are don`t enjoying the process of playing the game, then maybe it is time to think about something other than wasting your time on it? There is no reason to make your gameplaying as another job/work.

Edited by Missandei

I agree with copperdog here. The rocket pack and GTN for your ship were the two big ticket items to work for. While, if you know the "ins and outs" of what sells on the GTN, credits are hardly a big deal a lot of folks did work hard to unlock these perks by running countless dailies. Basically giving it away for a relatively small amount of CCs is bad customer service in my opinion... Not that I have any expectation EA will give a damn, let alone reimburse any players their credits back.

No, they won't. And they shouldn't have to, this is a stupid thing to complain about and I have no idea why anyone bothers or cares. Sure, it's a large amount of credits. But who really gives a ****?

No, they won't. And they shouldn't have to, this is a stupid thing to complain about and I have no idea why anyone bothers or cares. Sure, it's a large amount of credits. But who really gives a ****?

Because it diminishes a player's accomplishment. While I have not unlocked the rocket boost myself, I have grinded out armor, schematics, and various mods/enchancements. If EA is going to offer an alternative way of gaining these items, the cost should be a little more in-synch with the efforts players who bought / unlocked it with credits put into it. I think that's only fair.

I'm not arguing that EA shouldn't change credit costs, drop rates, ect as they deem needed for the evolving game, I'm just saying lets make sure the CC cost matches the alternative method. Otherwise the system encourages pay-to-win.

Edited by sumuser

Because it diminishes a player's accomplishment. While I have not unlocked the rocket boost myself, I have grinded out armor, schematics, and various mods/enchancements. If EA is going to offer an alternative way of gaining these items, the cost should be a little more in-synch with the efforts players who bought / unlocked it with credits put into it. I think that's only fair.

I'm not arguing that EA shouldn't change credit costs, drop rates, ect as they deem needed for the evolving game, I'm just saying lets make sure the CC cost matches the alternative method. Otherwise the system encourages pay-to-win.

What exactly in legacy perks give you pay to win? Rocket boots are a convenience pure and simple. Nothing in the cash shop or legacy gives a player a massive boost that suggest pay to win. It does not diminish your accomplishment that you ground out 4mil creds. The real accomplishment was that you had the patience to save for it. What price would in cartel coins do you feel would be sufficient? $10 in real money $20 perhaps. It is a nice perk to have yes but it is in no way a slap to your face. You still made the sacrifice and that still means something. However with the credit cap CC is the only way to get the f2p players to spend money. They need something to spend it on and I think $5 is pretty reasonable. Besides most of the other global unlocks are similar in price.

Taking your scenario of it needs to be in line for time invested vs cost (assuming it takes 2 hours of dailies per day at a gain of 250k per day) I would need to work at a real job for the equivalent of 18 hours. Now given that minimum wage (lets not worry about higher earners because that makes this even worse) is not an even number lets say $8/hr for just neat math sake, I would have to spend $144 in real money for the comparison to credits earned per hour. There are many variables here because I may make more in credits than you do per hour or even less which makes the real world comparison higher or lower but then this is just about an average as 250k is reasonable doing dallies. Now we are only doing some rough math here but you get the point being that it would make the game cost prohibitive and very out of sync.

Edited by Scovina