Character Immortality, Can It Be Achieved?

Berronaxftw

As the title says.

We know the emperor is supposedly immortal, but the way he achieved it was.. let's just say he won't be winning any humanitarian awards..

That is one way to achieve immortality.. but in the infinite wonders of the galaxy there must surely be other ways to achieve this ultimate power.

I don't know much about lore.. or rituals and what not.. only about the one ritual

Force Walking, where you bind a powerful ghost to yourself and use it to empower you

but i don't know if that one ritual alone would be enough for you to achieve immortality

But at what cost?

Lord Scourge is very direct when he expresses what he misses and what he regrets after the Emperor gave him immortality.

He can't feel... not just emotions, but he can't feel sunlight hitting his skin, or the smell of something pleasant. He sacrificed everything that makes life... life. Ironic. Sure, there may be less costly methods.. but I'm sure they don't come without consequences.

Edited by DarthGile

I Hope they can give Sith inquisitors this ability in the future but it would be a thing you will have to work for by going on a quest for spirits that will be vary limited in open world so not every si can achieve it.

I Hope they can give Sith inquisitors this ability in the future but it would be a thing you will have to work for by going on a quest for spirits that will be vary limited in open world so not every si can achieve it.

How would you even notice it? It keeps you from dying from old age. You can still be killed. The game won't go on that long. :p

yeah but it shouldnt be inquisitors only. anybody force sensitive should be able to do it

Well...then you potentially have a problem where you have eternal characters in a Star Wars storyline. They would have shown up in later books/movies/whatnot, but didn't.

As far as I'm concerned, physical immortality is overrated and would be very bogus.

Well my idea for that is, my character goes into hiding for 4000 years.. or gets frozen in carbonite stasis.. either 1 of those would work.. and HEY PRESTO! i come back after the movie saga.

Into hiding. For 4,000 years?

Yeah, I don't think so. Especially as the galaxy starts coming down around their ears.

Carbonite...meh. I suppose it could happen, but what a boring twist to the story. I'm not sure about all the implications of being frozen in carbonite, but it seems that in the old republic it was a viable thing to do, but I seem to recall Han Solo being frozen. They weren't sure he would survive, and his block had all sorts of readouts and gadgets on it. Better hope that the ones responsible for keeping you alive for four millenia don't break down.

Well my idea for that is, my character goes into hiding for 4000 years.. or gets frozen in carbonite stasis.. either 1 of those would work.. and HEY PRESTO! i come back after the movie saga.

If you are immortal I guess a little 4,000 year nap isn’t to long.

But at what cost?

Lord Scourge is very direct when he expresses what he misses and what he regrets after the Emperor gave him immortality.

He can't feel... not just emotions, but he can't feel sunlight hitting his skin, or the smell of something pleasant. He sacrificed everything that makes life... life. Ironic. Sure, there may be less costly methods.. but I'm sure they don't come without consequences.

Think you might wanna wrap a spoiler tag around that m8 x) just noticed.

well i don't know about every character... but for the inquisitor it remains almost within the realms of possibility.

Remember, the Inquisitor is physically able to handle limitless power without breaking down, due to the whole

being reassembled/reborn by the Mother machine

so in theory she could certainly gain power equal to or greater then the current Emperor, all while retaining her sanity.

and if she does so then Immortality would logically be a trivial feat.

But at what cost?

That is not even the true cost of living forever.

The real cost is that it is an absolute certainty that everyone you ever know and care for will die and leave you behind, and everything you like will always end never to come back. And there is the sheer mind numbing boredom of the millenniums weighing down upon you as you run out of new things to experience after doing everything to the point where it becomes boring.

That is not even the true cost of living forever.

The real cost is that it is an absolute certainty that everyone you ever know and care for will die and leave you behind, and everything you like will always end never to come back. And there is the sheer mind numbing boredom of the millenniums weighing down upon you as you run out of new things to experience after doing everything to the point where it becomes boring.

That is the one true down-side to living forever..

But to be honest, i could probably live with it.

And if i ever got bored i could allways just get myself killed, afterall it's Living Indeffinatly.. not complete immortality.

Edited by Berronaxftw

well i don't know about every character... but for the inquisitor it remains almost within the realms of possibility.

Remember, the Inquisitor is physically able to handle limitless power without breaking down, due to the whole

being reassembled/reborn by the Mother machine

so in theory she could certainly gain power equal to or greater then the current Emperor, all while retaining her sanity.

and if she does so then Immortality would logically be a trivial feat.

I wonder if we will ever return to

The Mother Machine

in the future..

huh how do you mean?

Well...for the Sith, it would be the total collapse of the Sith Empire that eventually happens. Or the creation of a Sith Empire with someone else on the throne.

For the Jedi, the galaxy coming down around their ears would consist of a galactic Civil War, immediately followed by the death of the Jedi and a galactic civil war, and the creation of a Sith Empire. Followed by a war between whatever follows that and the reborn Sith Empire.

Well...for the Sith, it would be the total collapse of the Sith Empire that eventually happens. Or the creation of a Sith Empire with someone else on the throne.

For the Jedi, the galaxy coming down around their ears would consist of a galactic Civil War, immediately followed by the death of the Jedi and a galactic civil war, and the creation of a Sith Empire. Followed by a war between whatever follows that and the reborn Sith Empire.

You make the future look so bright lol..

• 1 year later...
Life never gets boring, my friend..

Agreed, life = life, living to live is the most important thing. Immortality is worth every cost, even if it means sacrificing all your companions and friends, the possilibty to feel and taste.Life is life, everything other than life is boring. Life can't get dull, it's after all the only thing that's real.

Lets not forget that Jedi girl, Celeste Morne, from Knights of the Old Republic/Dark Times/Legacy comics. They put her in some Sith device (Dreypa's Oubliette, I think) during the Old Republic times, then 4000 years later Vader freed her, fresh as ever (more or less). She also wore Karness Muur talisman, that gave her eternal or at least very long life: after being freed from the oubliette, she survived long enough to meet Cade Skywalker - some 100 years later.

Very true.. however me personaly.. i would do anythong for immortality

one moment your an idealistic jedi loving life, in a secret relationship with the dynamite jedi girl you been hanging out with and more... the next you want to keep doing this forever and get immortality and you think its a great idea at first. the emotions go, you lose your girl, you life and your purpose and eventually the lightsaber. next moment you rounding up victims including your former girlfriend and sacrificing them through the force just to keep your sorry self alive.

no thanks, rather kick the bucket and push up daisies after a century with the girl, kids, a good jedi life formally and then a free life on the frontier then sacrifice it all just to live imprisoned in that pathetic excuse of a life.

but can it happen, yes, but at what cost...