Oceanic Server Announcement Next Week

Vacarius

In case you guys haven't seen it already, apparently there will be an update next week so we'll see what comes of it:

Hey everyone!

I have an update of sorts, or at least an update on an update. As many of you will likely read in Jeff’s State of the Game blog we are actively working on a plan for the APAC servers. I know this is something we have said to you a couple of times and what you are really looking for are the details. I don’t have those for you yet today, but, I will definitely have them for you next week. I am even confident in saying that you will have them earlier in the week as opposed to later.

I know it isn’t the details you wanted just yet but we are finalizing them now and you can look for them next week! I really appreciate you all continuing to be patient with us.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412&highlight=Consolidated+Post%3A+APAC%2FOceanic+Server+Concerns&page=309

Edited by Vacarius

im expecting a merge of APAC + paid transfers to the US/Europe

Therefore there's a free solution which will increase the players experience from low pop to standard or a paid option to jump from low pop to high-heavy.

Edited by GrudgingOpiate

As a fairly competitive player I'll definitely be heading for Dalborra if it's an option. At the moment they seem to have a lot higher population than us, and although the warzone pop rate isn't as proportionally larger it's still fair bit better. Even with the 3 PVP brackets I think it should last fine with the bolstered population of mergers and new and returning players for 2.0

I hope its a merge with the rest of APAC. Maybe they'll let me bring my Harbinger toons over too. I'd pay for that.

^ this. Except for the pay part. So many APAC players re-rolled coz they didn't tell us anything. Free transfers back to a Super Server.

I'm with Scorpio - free transfers would only be fair. Given that most of us re-rolled simply in order to experience the game with higher populations it makes sense to allow us to transfer those toons back to APAC at no extra cost. They're getting enough money as it is with people buying cartel coins - they don't need to charge us for transfers.

lol, they are gonna screw us over even more next week...

October last year, they posted that they will be evaluating and solving the Oceanic server population issue within the NEXT FEW DAYS...

Lets see... apparently BWs definition of few is ~250 days.

*********** useless *****

Please...

Expect to see 1 of 2 things occurring:

1) They will come out next week claiming they haven't finalized it and that it will be sorted in another weeks time...

or

2) They will say "we are opening up payed transfers to all players across all servers!... in 3 months... there is our solution, Enjoy!"

or an unlikely 3rd possibility: They will actually merge all 3 APAC servers onto one super-server at no cost to players within 2 weeks.

A merge would be the best option for all. The last thing we want is to be transferred to a US server, with a high ping and worse yet would be to give players the option. Then a large portion of the oceanic community gets spread out to servers were there will be few people that are online during their own peek time. This is make or break for bioware. THEY MUST get this right.

I hope its a merge with the rest of APAC. Maybe they'll let me bring my Harbinger toons over too. I'd pay for that.
It is really the only option. If they let people go anyway the oceanic community will be split up, and new oceanic players will never find the main player base, in otherword get ready for doing operations at 8am. Lets hope they merge us.

100's of use monkeys played on apac servers instead of american servers we be sweet. They will close us, because its just our small population asian players didnt come they waited and waited. asia has a massive SW fan base but none will play with there ping language difference.

my bet we will be shiped our fault we wanted to play with yanks