PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

Missandei

Thats just stupid. The same moment enemies take 2 turrets or score the first ball 3-4 people leaving the WZ.

What is the point to play WZ then?

Bioware should not simply declare that they «listening to the community», but must do something to fix this pathetic situation

I agree that one hour is entirely too long. I would just make it fifteen minutes like wow. Also, something that I'm not a big fan of is how you are removed from the game if you get momentarily disconnected. If you get disconnected in wow during a battlefield you are allowed to continue once you are back in.

You do realize you'll just end up with leechers right? They'll be even worse than the deserters. Least when the deserters leave you get a chance of getting someone who can turn the game around.

Deserters are making our team be shortened in manpower for at least 2-3 minutes.. And IF a good player joining such a WZ he usually just leave it the moment he joins it.

Accumulative deserter debuff is a great idea.

If someone have left WZ for the first time - 10min debuff.

leaved for the second time - 15min

third time - 30min

Or as an alternative - the option to leaving WZ is to be allowed only BEFORE the match is started. After the start there should be no possibility to leave WZ.

Deserters are making our team be shortened in manpower for at least 2-3 minutes.. And IF a good player joining such a WZ he usually just leave it the moment he joins it.

Accumulative deserter debuff is a great idea.

If someone have left WZ for the first time - 10min debuff.

leaved for the second time - 15min

third time - 30min

Or as an alternative - the option to leaving WZ is to be allowed only BEFORE the match is started. After the start there should be no possibility to leave WZ.

The issue with that alternative is people with either force log, or be AFK, with no possibility of a backfill.

Thats just stupid. The same moment enemies take 2 turrets or score the first ball 3-4 people leaving the WZ.

Bioware should not simply declare that they «listening to the community», but must do something to fix this pathetic situation

You prefer, what those who wanna leave, now will be /sit on the goalline or on respawn, for fast ends, if they cannot leave without deserter?

I couldn't agree more. I suggest a deserter debuff that would not let them join another wz for 1 hour and that would increase with each desertion to 2, 3 hours / day.

Sure im all for that, as long as you explain how you're gonna do that without punishing ppl who leave for legit reasons. Oh and also, i am fully opposed to this entire idea unless we can chose which WZ we wanna join, or at the very very least have the ability to deny 1-2 warzones that we dont wanna join.

I would also expect that a simular punishment gets installed at the same time, punishing teammembers that dont use OPS to call Incs and those who simply will not read whats being said on OPS and dont try their best....because really, those ppl are FAR worse then someone leaving the WZ. ...And more often then not, they are the sole reason.

I like the cumulative idea.

A reset every day.

> First time you leave early, no penalty. **** happens. Cat's on fire w/e

>Second time locked out 5/10 minutes

> Increase this on a curve not linearly. If you keep repeatedly leaving it becomes a long *** timer.

We don't need need a heavy penalty. Just "A" penalty. Losing already gives 70/80% as many comms as winning with 8 medals. People are already encouraged to keep playing to the end.

Edited by CaptainApop

as said by others

You put a penalty in and those leaving will just find a safe spot to sit out remainder of game and your still short the numbers anyways

Said it before and say it again

This issue remains a issue until the REASONS FOR THE ISSUE are addressed

not the result of the issue

To stop most of this all thats needs to be done is

1) Pug vrs PUG, Pre Made vrs Pre made ques

2) Ratings via gear score/valor ranking so a player in recruit never faces a player in elite war hero

3) Ignore lists eliminate players on ignore when PUGing (like it does for FPs and OPS). Person on your ignore list never gets into a match or que with you. Sooner or latter the habitual quiters will all get ignored and you will never have to deal with them again.

3 simple steps to drastically lessen the amount of War Zone quitters

But long as pugs can be rolled by pre mades, recruits get rolled by elite war heros, and ignoreing an idiot doesnt stop you for being qued up with said idiot

Long as those exist,

War Zone leavers will also exist and no debuff will change that fact of matter.

Also being able to choose what War zones you wanna que for would help

I just rage quit my last 3 warzones. In alderaan, 6 people run to snow, and cant cap because of 1 enemy. And I had really horrible groups for days. It is not bearable. A debuff for this? No way.

I don't mind losing when my enemies are good. But losing because my team is made up of frickin morons, over and over again? Of course people quit on you.

I couldn't agree more. I suggest a deserter debuff that would not let them join another wz for 1 hour and that would increase with each desertion to 2, 3 hours / day.

People would still get frustrated. They quit out of frustration. If tere is a debuff, or wz ban for an hour, they would just camp, on be in the wz but not fight. This is not the solution.

Maybe an ingame warzone tutorial, that you HAVE TO complete, before actually playing a warzone? Explaining basic tactics and what not. That might help.

yes deserter buff is retarded idea, those ppl wont quit just camp all one turret

is it still fun to stay 10 mins near turret?

remember you play for fun, a lot off ppl dont need any comms, hundreds ppl play

for fun in full BiS gear...

ANOTHER one of these QQ threads. People quit warzones for a variety of reasons. Maybe if you played better, watched out for others and used your brain, people may not quit.

Why should I stay in a warzone where people don't watch nodes, call inc, or anything else that mounts to being stupid?

Maybe the answer is to create a Warzone Lite, for people who are completely stupid to run around and look at bright colours......

ANOTHER one of these QQ threads. People quit warzones for a variety of reasons. Maybe if you played better, watched out for others and used your brain, people may not quit.

Why should I stay in a warzone where people don't watch nodes, call inc, or anything else that mounts to being stupid?

Maybe the answer is to create a Warzone Lite, for people who are completely stupid to run around and look at bright colours......

This ^ ...and the ability to chose which warzone to queue for would eliminate all reasons to leave a warzone. It's quite obvious to me that you can not punish players for not having fun in a group of tools, or in a warzone they hate.

So yeah, you got my vote for the installation of SWTOR Tardzones™ !

You prefer, what those who wanna leave, now will be /sit on the goalline or on respawn, for fast ends, if they cannot leave without deserter?

There will be no such thing.

If someone will wanna leave he will not gonna join WZ in the firstplace.

When Pvp'rs are pathetic, ruining the PvP badly, I Desert.

You will not lose anything being debuffed when there is a lot of bad players around.

Instead of joining 3-4 WZ and leaving them after 1-2 minute, you will be not allowed to join WZ for 10 minutes.

10 minutes of serenity instead of ragequiting.

Edited by Missandei

There will be no such thing.

If someone will wanna leave he will not gonna join WZ in the firstplace.

Riiight, because that's exactly what the people who are quitting WZ's today are saying...If there is a deserter debuff they will simply stop quitting and play the game even when in a WZ they hate along with a team of tools. Sounds legit!

Or do you mean that the "quitters" will cancel their subs and stop playing alltogether? Tell me more about how that must be a solid business model!

Riiight, because that's exactly what the people who are quitting WZ's today are saying...If there is a deserter debuff they will simply stop quitting and play the game even when in a WZ they hate along with a team of tools. Sounds legit!

Or do you mean that the "quitters" will cancel their subs and stop playing alltogether? Tell me more about how that must be a solid business model!

Clearly you dont understand peoples psychology and motivations.