Empire ? (some spoilers)

tanerb

Some spoilers below

So I play bounty hunter, my first character. during first three chapters we won victory after victory in every planet, forced corelia into submission etc. yesterday I moved to chapter 4 and suddenly I see we are losing the war. how did that happen? why did not I get a single clue during the entire 3 chapters that we were losing the war? did I miss something?

Edited by tanerb

Some spoilers below

So I play bounty hunter, my first character. during first three chapters we won victory after victory in every planet, forced corelia into submission etc. yesterday I moved to chapter 4 and suddenly I see we are losing the war. how did that happen? why did not I get a single clue during the entire 3 chapters that we were losing the war? did I miss something?

You do realize, like Kreia used to say, that the future is always in motion, right? Roll a republic character and therein lies your answer. Embrace the contrast.

You do realize, like Kreia used to say, that the future is always in motion, right? Roll a republic character and therein lies your answer. Embrace the contrast.

No way, I will play a marauder and win this time :D. Seriously, it would be good if they give me some warnings though. Maybe I should not have killed Darth Tormen :confused:

Did you do any of the level 50 content between Corellia/end of your class story and Makeb? Remember that the game spent over a year with 50 as max level, so while you now can go straight on to Makeb, there's a lot of story out there at 50.

I'll spoiler a lot of details of the story (and other character storylines) just in case/

For example, if you take the quest for the Black Hole area on Corellia, you get told that despite the work you did, the Empire suffered a reversal (essentially, the Republic storylines happen after the Empire one). Go to Ilum, and you find out through the flashpoints there that Darth Malgus made his own power play, causing tons of Imperial infighting. And there's an op, along with the Section X daily area, that reveal that those Dread Masters you freed on Belsavis made a power play of their own, and are now enemies of the Empire.

And that Republic Supreme Chancellor you took care of? Replaced by one much more aggressive against the Empire.

Oh, and the Jedi killed the Emperor. Or at least his voice.

And the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor spend most of their storyline quests killing Dark Council members rather than fighting the Republic--in the middle of an open war.

And the Agent story tells you that the Imperial Intelligence service was dissolved, again in the middle of a war. It was kind of restored in a different form by the end, but that's not going to help the war effort.

So in short, through the ends of Act 3 and all of the Interlude Daily/Flashpoint/Ops stuff that was the pre-expansion endgame content the Republic was fairly unified and focused while the Empire was constantly fighting both the Republic and each other--no real surprise that they're losing.

True. Very true.

tanerb, you played through the Bounty Hunter story. On the Empire side, finish the Imperial Agent story. Hint. Hint.

However, only by playing both factions can one come close to understanding the progression of the war.