SWTOR (exclusive) character power ranking hierarchy

S_W_LeGenD

This thread is dedicated to ranking of all known TOR era characters in the context of power/strength factor.

Timeline of TOR era: 25,100 BBY - 1000 BBY

IMPORTANT:

1. Input from every member is welcome and appreciated.

2. I don't subscribe to the logic that majority is authority. This isn't an election process where most votes get to decide the outcome. I would prefer MERIT over consensus, period.

3. Every being is considered for ranking.

4. Official revelations (information) is valued. Official information provides a sense of direction and accuracy in portrayal of the ground realities of the lore over pure "fan based speculation."

5. Latest official revelations will take precedence over older revelations.

6. Strength of a character isn't a popularity driven phenomenon; a well-known character (by feats and available information) can be less strong then a poorly known character.

7. In case of playable characters; light side alignment is being considered for characters serving the Republic and dark side alignment is being considered for characters serving the Empire.

--- --- --- ---

--- --- --- ---

Sith Order

Official Sith ranking hierarchy:

• Sith Emperor
  • Sith Lord (Special position)
  • Sith Lord (Dark Council Member)
  • Sith Lord
  • Sith Apprentice
  • Sith Acolyte

NOTE: In the Sith Order, official rankings have some merit. Sith Lords are generally stronger then apprentices. And the strongest Sith is likely to survive and rule over a Sith Empire.

--- ---

01. Emperor Vitiate

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Codex Entry titled "The Emperor's Fallen Jedi (Knight).")

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Over 300 years ago, the great Jedi heroes Revan and Malak stumbled upon long-hidden Sith Empire's capital of Dromund Kaas, and its ruler - a mysterious, almost godlike avatar of the dark side.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia)

Scourge expected them to search him, or at least instruct him to turn over his weapons. But Yarri and the others simply stood at attention, waiting for him to enter. The fact that they showed no concern over letting an armed Sith Lord speak to the Emperor face-to-face without any kind of preparation was a testament to the Emperor's unfathomable power.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

--- --- --- ---

--- --- --- ---

Jedi Order

Official Jedi ranking hierarchy:

• Grand Jedi Master
  • Jedi Master (Jedi High Council Member)
  • Jedi Master
  • Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Padawan
  • Jedi Initiate

NOTE: In the Jedi Order, strength of a character doesn't necessarily depends upon his rank within the Order. A Jedi Knight can be much stronger then a Jedi Master.

--- ---

--- --- --- ---

--- --- --- ---

Deities & Monstrosities

--- --- --- ---

--- --- --- ---

General

--- --- --- ---

--- --- --- ---

Character power evaluation criteria:-

1. Accolades

2. Performance against enemies (victories; losses; victories with support)

3. Specific feats (if known)

4. Any information that may help assess the position of a character in the mythos

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To start with the Sith Order and going by multiple sources including SWTOR:E I think

1.Emperor

2.Exar Kun

Is the obvious choice, now one can argue that considering by 340BTC Exar Kun is still stated to be the most powerful Sith in the galaxy and evidently grew more powerful in the (maybe) 2 years he was an active Sith Lord than the Emperor had become in the thousand years the Emperor was active but also according to the same source in the 340 years after Kun's imprisonmen, the Emperor had finally become the most powerful Sith Lord yet seen.

Going off all that I think we can state that Kun's ascent to power was far quicker and perhaps indicates a much stronger connection (with a bit of Ancient Sith help) than the Emperor had, but in the essence of sticking to how these things are ruled, yes canonically the above rankings seem to be indicated.

Darth Bane makes a strong case for either position but I would stick with the above, thoughts?

Also are we including SWTOR Player Characters? my advice would be to not open up the quagmire of speculation that goes with opening that pandora's box.

Thank you for your input.

Also are we including SWTOR Player Characters? my advice would be to not open up the quagmire of speculation that goes with opening that pandora's box.

Yes.

All known characters that existed within the given time period, are in consideration. I understand that this is ambitious project and that their is possibility of disagreements but I am interested in full portrayal of ground realities of the lore.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Yes.

All known characters that existed within the given time period, are in consideration. I understand that this is ambitious project and that their is possibility of disagreements but I am interested in full portrayal of ground realities of the lore.

Fair enough, in the interests of sanity will you opt to do as Wookieepedia did and choose Dark Side for Imps and Light Side for Republic? I only say this because it would be exceptionally difficult to really put anything down as an argument when a lot of what said characters are and can do depends on alignment.

I only bring this up so we can get it out of the way before debating truly begins.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Fair enough, in the interests of sanity will you opt to do as Wookieepedia did and choose Dark Side for Imps and Light Side for Republic? I only say this because it would be exceptionally difficult to really put anything down as an argument when a lot of what said characters are and can do depends on alignment.

I only bring this up so we can get it out of the way before debating truly begins.

Yes;

- Light side alignment for Republic player characters is in consideration

- Dark side alignment for Imperial player characters is in consideration

Their is possibility for grey areas/decision-making in some cases but I believe that your stance is absolutely logical about this matter.

Thanks for raising this point. :)

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Yes;

- Light side alignment for Republic player characters is in consideration

- Dark side alignment for Imperial player characters is in consideration

Their is possibility for grey areas/decision-making in some cases but I believe that your stance is absolutely logical about this matter.

Thanks for raising this point. :)

You are most welcome, I hope such circular debating can be avoided but i fear we may get people 'debating' which class is stronger as is seen in many other threads, typically in story & lore section, almost always the archetypal warrior vs sorcerer debate.

You are most welcome, I hope such circular debating can be avoided but i fear we may get people 'debating' which class is stronger as is seen in many other threads, typically in story & lore section, almost always the archetypal warrior vs sorcerer debate.

Hmm, fans, who have access to Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia, would be in a better position to present cogent arguments in this matter.

Each class have its respective merits / purpose.

Sith warrior class represents individuals who are expected to be active on the front lines with heavy gear and excellent martial abilities. Survival depends upon multiple factors such as strength, skills, intelligence and gear.

Sith sorcerer class represents individuals who gain formidable command of the dark side or become absolute masters of the Force in general sense. These individuals are a formidable presence in battlefields as well.

Among the playable characters, I think that Darth Nox is likely the strongest. He significantly augmented his power with some dark sorcery techniques, ended up wielding combined might of 6 ghosts/entities on top of his own personal strength; purely unnatural growth in power in short. Such magnitude of strength is a rare development in the mythos (on the whole) and many have yet to properly grasp the gravity of this development and its implications for the lore in general.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Hmm, fans, who have access to Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia, would be in a better position to present cogent arguments in this matter.

Sith warrior class represents individuals who are expected to be active on the front lines with heavy gear and excellent martial abilities. Survival depends upon multiple factors such as strength, skills, intelligence and gear.

Sith sorcerer class represents individuals who gain formidable command of the dark side or become absolute masters of the Force in general sense. These individuals are a formidable presence in battlefields as well.

Among the playable characters, I think that Darth Nox is likely the strongest. He significantly augmented his power with some dark sorcery techniques, ended up wielding combined might of 6 ghosts/entities on top of his own personal strength; purely unnatural growth in power in short. Such magnitude of strength is a rare development in the mythos (on the whole) and many have yet to properly grasp the gravity of this development and its implications for the lore in general.

I agree with your assessment and whilst yes the six ghosts offer Nox great powers I think like many things in SWTOR it is not properly detailed enough, hence speculation.

Surik should be number one without a doubt on the Jedi list.

After that we should have people like Bastilla, Satele, HoT and Barsen'thor, along with Sunrider.

Question is, do we put Revan on Sith or Jedi? I'd say Sith, because no Jedi used dark side teachings, but Sith usually use light side abilities with their dark ones, or just leave him off entirely, whatever. If it's Jedi, IMO he should be under Surik.

Traya for 3 on Sith, according to canon she's more powerful than the exile, and the exile & Revan are always too lose to call, therefore I'd say Trayas above Revan too.

Id disagree, Nox's spirits are referred to as a shield, not a weapon, a shield against Thanatons power, which is likely why Nox only let's them out in short bursts too (The ritual state)

Let's also not forget that Imperius let go of her ghosts and was still as feared on the council by the time of Makeb according to Darth Marr, whilst we might be going with Dark side here, we should take the other options into account too.

And would Darth Bane be a candidate for this list?

Anyway, referring to the Most Powerful Lists, I'd propose the following pool:

Sith Emperor

Exar Kun

Revan

Meetra Surik

Darth Traya

Darth Malgus

Nomi Sunrider

Satele Shan

Darth Bane

Not necessarily in that order, but roughly speaking.

Anyway starting with one I'm nominate the Sith Emperor, heck its canon so no point debating. After that I'd agree with Lady, given that Exar Kun has recieved a similar title and I see nobody who surpassed him.

EDIT: Ah, Darth Bane was born outside the time period, so no to him I guess.

Edited by Beniboybling

Having read more about Sunrider I am getting the feeling she is the most powerful Jedi of the entire era.

"As the Grand Master of the order she would spend her days not deliberating in chambers or meditating on the power of theForce but instead hunting down the remains of the Sith, the cults and brptherhoods that formed after Kun's imprisonment, she knew that left unchecked yet another Dark Lord would rise in their place.

Eventually towards the end of her life after decades of no contact to the order, she returned to only her daughter Vima and warned her of a dark wheel turning, a vast blackness hiding behind the ruins of the Old Sith Empire, she felt in her gut that many wars would follow and so she created the council and the three paths and much more, hoping that an organised Jedi Order could survive the chaos to come." - Tales of the Jedi companion

"Darkly he proclaimed 'I am Sion, Lord of Pain and Lord of the Sith and you cannot kill me.' instead of exchanging words with the abomination before her, she simply attempted to cut the beast off from the Force but she realised this monster had become the Dark Side and such techniques would not work. Ziost was their battleground, time and again she would cut him down and once more he would rise anew. Aided by his minions the fight lasted three nights, despite the freezing temperatures and the well of darkness swirling through the collapsing fortresses, she would cut down more and more Dark Jedi until finally when Sion realised this engagement was one he could not win, he fled and no matter how much she chased him he would not be found again." - Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide Collector's Edition

"Sunrider became a legendary name among the Order, her connection to the Cosmic Force was vast and wide, she would often speak of how she felt the stars burning in her mind, how she felt the trillions in her heart but one planet in all the skies haunted her till her last breath, a planet under a massive burning and raging sun, one man above all concerned her most, her only true equal amongst the Sith Lords, Exar Kun." - Tionne

"Among all the Jedi it would be Grand Master Sunrider whom left her mark on the galaxy, she was a beacon of light holding back the Darkness, a vast darkness to consume the galaxy, when finally she passed away, the light went out clouded in darkness, the galaxy had changed." - KotOR CG

Surik > Sunrider.

Every one of those quotes applies to Surik and more.

Vima herself says Suriks ability to cut others off from the force already rivalled that of her mother when Surik was only a Padawan.

Surik not only bested Sion, she bested him on more of a Nexus, and actually even redeemed him.

Surik didn't just hunt down a Sith Order, she toppled one.

I'd put Sunrider at a close second, but a second nonetheless.

Also: Force Enlightenment

Edited by Selenial

isnt the sith sorcerer darth imperious where the heck did the darth nox thing come from?

Surik > Sunrider.

Every one of those quotes applies to Surik and more.

Vima herself says Suriks ability to cut others off from the force already rivalled that of her mother when Surik was only a Padawan.

Surik not only bested Sion, she bested him on more of a Nexus, and actually even redeemed him.

Surik didn't just hunt down a Sith Order, she toppled one.

I'd put Sunrider at a close second, but a second nonetheless.

Also: Force Enlightenment

Those are merely some of the quotes I have found, but Surik never had that kind of connection to the Cosmic Force not even close, did she have a very strong connection to the Light Side of the Force? yes but Nomi was actively so connected that she is stated to be the ONLY thing stopping the Dark Side from becoming the dominant power.

I would also bring to your attention that the Sith Triumvirate was not very big at all, however the Brotherhood of the Sith that Exar Kun left:

"Dozens of groups began to embrace the Dark Side, remnants of Kun's Sith Brotherhood spawned yet more Sith groups it was not until the Mandalorian Wars broke out that the Sith were put to the side to deal with the much larger threat to the galaxy, once Darth Revan assumed the mantle of Dark Lord, all the remnants of the Brotherhood flocked to the Dark Lord's side and the teachings of sorcery and alchemy became common amongst his Sith Empire, many of the leaders of these groups became Sith Masters, instructing the Dark Jedi in the true Sith arts."

More important is the simple fact that Sunrider unlike Surik is *confirmed* to be a powerful master of Battle Meditation and can even use the technique to block Sith illusions and mind control techniques she is also stated:

"The art of Battle Meditation never came so naturally to a Jedi as it did to Nomi Sunrider, just as many techniques did, in her presence Jedi would fight in cohesion without the need for words, becoming a small army in of themselves perfectly complementing one another."

That sounds suspiciously like Battle Meld to me and then there is this:

"Once she had attained the rank of Grand Master, Sunrider understood the ebb and flow of the galaxy, did not question it's events and began to simply accept the role of a Jedi, to maintain the peace and finally let go of her daughter, she knew that no attachments could remain if she was to do her duty, to fulfill the role the Force had designed her to be in, to reconstruct the Order and instate the code that Odan-Urr had written so long ago.

She knew why her husband died, she knew why she had a change of heart, she knew what life her daughter would live and accepted that life and death were merely larger tests in a grander design, she had let go of everything and welcomed her physical death the day it had come, though darkness would fall she had seen what lay past it."

That is an exceptional understanding of the Cosmic Force.

Then we have Tutaminis on a scale only shown by Luke Skywalker:

"As she charged across the plains of Onderon, a laser from one of the fortresses many heavy turbolaser defenses approached her and her Jedi companions, time slowed around her and almost accepting her death she dropped her blade and stretched out her arms, as time returned to her she saw nothing, her Jedi companions in awe, then she felt energy crackling through her veins, she had absorbed the energy but her body felt like it would implode, her arms ached, her legs buckled, muscles tightening, her chest ached and her skin was smoking, as if she had somehow understood what she had done, she channelled all the energy into her palms and sent out a thundering energy wave completely annihilating one of the Naddists' siege barges.

With this she collapsed, feeling so numbed by the pain that she felt nearly paralysed, she began sweating profusely, beads rolled down her chest, dripped off her forehead and showered her back, but somehow this display had awoken in her an understanding a comprehension of the power inside her, she knew the pain did not really exist, it was all in her mind, so she shut it out grasped the hilt of her blade with the Force and caught up with her contemporaries."

Oh and as far as Sion goes, Surik had a significant advantage, he loved her and he was conflicted greatly, Surik had to use Dun Moch to convince him to let go of the Dark Side and then he died.

There is no difference here besides the fact that Darth Sion was in love with Meetra Surik, otherwise she would have eventually tired out and died, something Sunrider did not do in three days of fighting him and his Dark Jedi lackeys.

This to me is by far the most impressive thing she has done:

"Tatooine drew her attention as she felt a dark presence on the planet, it was not powerful but was nonetheless there. Eventually she found her way to a cave where this presence was, she found no living beings only an astrogation chart, at first she wondered what this incomplete map led to but something told her this was not a journey she was meant to take, she had intruded however, intruded on a Krayt Dragon's lair, the creature was clearly drawn to the power here and by the skeletons and decomposing remains of other beasts that lay here, so were many others.

But putting her attention back to the living one, she found herself cornered in the outcropping the Dragon let out a deafening roar a clear sign of attack, as it came lumbering in to devour her, she gripped the beast with the Force, lifting it and then slamming it into the wall, not wishing to kill the injured beast the Grand Master leaped out of the cave to it's opening, at first she considered to heal the beast of it's broken leg but realised slightly too late that it's tail was following her, she felt her ribs, arm and hip crack as it whipped her right side.

Clearly believing it's prey to be dead, it lumbered over to her, it's tongue ready to envelop her, at this moment she stretched her right arm out and removed the beast from the ground beneath, she threw the gargantuan beast into it's cave, sensing the presence of many others closing in, she departed the area rather than cause more harm to the inhabitants of the world.

No Sith or Dark Acolytes were here and so this planet had nothing for her."

Very impressive displays of telekinesis.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Traya for 3 on Sith, according to canon she's more powerful than the exile, and the exile & Revan are always too lose to call, therefore I'd say Trayas above Revan too.

That quote is in direct reference to their battle in the heart of a Dark Side Nexus, one of the most powerful ever, so of course she was more powerful at that point, the wording and context in the statement is liable to circumstance.

I don't think Nomi's powerful connection to the Cosmic Force is really a mark of her superiority over the Exile. Because when it comes to raw power the Cosmic Force is the furthest from it. As I said a while back the Cosmic Force is about listening to the Force, its about being able to comprehend the metaphysical, if you will, and through that gain insight.

This is why Darth Traya for example, who possessed an exceptional connection and understanding of the Cosmic Force, is not vastly powerful despite her abilities in foresight rivaling that of the likes of Darth Sidious and others.

So sure, Nomi might have a better connection to the Cosmic Force. But what about the Living Force? The manipulation of the Force rather than simply an attunement to it? The Exile could well be superior to her in this respect.

P.S. Sion's love for the Exile had no impact on the difficulty of the fight, it was because of that love that Sion wanted to destroy her, 1. because he saw it as a weakness and 2. because he didn't want Traya to break her, he went all out.

That quote is in direct reference to their battle in the heart of a Dark Side Nexus, one of the most powerful ever, so of course she was more powerful at that point, the wording and context in the statement is liable to circumstance.
I'd be interested in seeing that quote.

I agree with your assessment and whilst yes the six ghosts offer Nox great powers I think like many things in SWTOR it is not properly detailed enough, hence speculation.

Thank you

--- --- ---

Here is an assessment of power of Darth Nox (Sith Inquisitor playable character):-

Darth Nox demonstrated extraordinary potential in the dark arts, he successfully completed (deadly) Sith trials by overcoming any kind of challenge thrown at him in his path and emerged as a Sith Inquisitor after graduation.*

*Some fans might think that this isn't an extraordinary accomplishment since many talented Sith managed to complete Sith trials in history but it is important to focus on the circumstances and this particular case is an exception to the norm because of following reasons:

1. All odds were stacked against Darth Nox during the trials since Sith instructors did not like his background (former slave) and wanted him to fail.
  2. Sith instructors deliberately sent Darth Nox on extremely dangerous missions in which chances of success were virtually non-existent for an acolyte. One such development was encounter with Khem Val, an ancient being who killed many individuals who dared to disturb him. More can be learned about Khem Val from here: http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/khem-val
  3. Sith instructors had already groomed someone to succeed in trials and that someone wasn't Darth Nox.
  4. Darth Nox managed to overcome most of the challenges without help during the trials.

Detailed explanation in the spoiler below:

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

RAVAGED BY THE GREAT WAR, the Sith Order allows Force-sensitive slaves into its ranks. Most slaves are too weak to complete the trails. But one slave displays incredible cunning and a fearsome talent for the dark side. Begrudgingly instructed by Overseer Harkun, the slave acolyte conquers the trails, dominates a Dashade assassin named Khem Val into servitude, and overwhelms the other students, including a Sith pureblood groomed for success. Despite Overseer Harkun's attempts to sabotage the slave and preserve pure Sith legacy, the acolyte triumphs to become a Sith Inquisitor. The enigmatic Sith Lord Zash embraces the inquisitor as her apprentice, begining the former's slave ascension to power.

Later on, Darth Nox acquired expertise of unnatural ways to augment his power and he began this process by consuming the energy of Force spirits that he would come across in his journeys. His first target was Force spirit of Darth Andru which he consumed to augment his power before confronting an incredibly powerful Sith Lord known as Darth Thanaton. However, this confrontation ended as a disaster for Darth Nox since Darth Thanaton proved to be too powerful:

With Darth Zash subdued, the Sith Inquisitor inherits her power base and becomes a Sith Lord. But the inquisitor nearly loses everything after being caught in a trap devised by Darth Thanaton, a supremely powerful Sith and harsh traditionalist who bristles at the idea of a former slave rising to sudden influence. To combat Thanaton's insurmountable strength, the inquisitor learns the ritual of Force-walking and gains power by consuming the energy of Darth Andru, a seething Force spirit locked away on Dromund Kaas. Fueled by the ghost's power, the inquisitor confronts Thanaton - only to be nearly eradicated by the superior Sith's dark sorcery.

After the aforementioned disaster, Darth Nox began to further augment his power by consuming more Force spirits that he could find while exploring the galaxy. He managed to consume energies of 6 Force spirits in total before challenging Darth Thanaton once again but Darth Nox found himself in a predicament; he did not had absolute control over the overwhelming might of several Force spirits surging within him and second confrontation also ended up in disaster for him:

The inquisitor plots revenge. Kallig, the inquisitor's ghostly ancestor, advises his heir to seek out more spirits in preparation for a second duel against Darth Thanaton. The inquisitor explores the far reaches of the galaxy to bind the power of more Sith apparitions. Along the way, the inquisitor amasses more allies and even takes on an apprentice, the former Jedi Padawan Ashara Zavros. Seething with the rage, strength, and passions of fallen Sith, the inquisitor once again challenges Darth Thanaton. Though Thanaton struggles against the inquisitor's increased might, a sudden explosion of Force energy ends the battle and casts the inquisitor to darkness.

The Sith inquisitor recovers from the violent explosion. Darth Thanaton escapes the blast while the inquisitor's allies save their wounded Master from the rubble. The explosion that nearly destroyed them all was sparked by the containable power of the Force spirits bound within the inquisitor. Now the inquisitor suffers from a crippling sickness that will prove devastating - if Thanaton doesn't land the killing blow first.

The combined might of several Force spirits surging within Darth Nox would destroy the Sith Lord unless he learns to control power of such magnitude, therefore he explored the galaxy once again in search of a solution which he inevitably found and gained power of proportions that no mortal can possibly match.

The inquisitor explores the far reaches of the galaxy in search of a cure. Meanwhile, news arrives that Darth Thanaton has ascended to the Dark Council and now wields sufficient power to wipe the inquisitor from the galaxy. The inquisitor ultimately cures the sickness to subdue the once-overwhelming Force spirits and wield them as a weapon against Thanaton.

After gaining absolute control over the power of several Force spirits, Darth Nox challenged Darth Thanaton for a third time and eliminated him comfortably.

Darth Thanaton declares an ancient Sith rite known as a "Kaggath" to challenge his rival to a duel. Wielding the combined might of the Sith spirits, the inquisitor confronts Darth Thanaton on Corelia, defeats his allies in battle, and forces Thanaton to flee for safety. It is in the Dark Council chambers on Korriban that the Sith inquisitor finally corners Thanaton and utterly destroys the once supreme Sith while the Dark Council bears witness. At their behest, the inquisitor takes Thanaton's seat, becomes a Darth, and joins the most powerful Sith in the Empire to rule as a member of the Dark Council.

CONCLUSION:

The Sith Inquisitor story represents rivalry between two extraordinarily powerful Sith Lords for obtaining a position in the Dark Council (SPHERE OF ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE) of the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire; Darth Nox versus Darth Thanaton. Darth Nox acquired talents that made it possible for him to significantly augment his power through unnatural means, an accomplishment which would have major implications for the galaxy at large.

---

Force spirits are powerful and dangerous manifestations of energies:

Death is not the end. For Sith strong in the dark side, the demise of the physical body will not stop their relentless campaign for power. Such Sith may return as intangible spirits, able to communicate with the living. Among the Sith, these spirits are viewed with caution as well as reverence: Sith entities tend to be powerful, raging at their own demise and seeking revenge, or able to cunningly manipulate the living. The spirits of powerful Sith Lords such as Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd, and Karness Murr influenced galactic events and inspired others to evil long after their physical deaths. For this reason, the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas, which houses sarcophagi of the Sith Emperor's deceased enemies, is as much a prison as tomb.

In stark contrast to the Sith, the Jedi accept death and strive to pass on their wisdom to future generations. It is believed that Jedi, freed from attachment and fear of death, have no reason to return unless they have an urgent warning or advice for those they knew in life. And unlike Sith spirits, Jedi entities rarely linger once they have spoken; they understand that though they can give advice, the living must find their own path.

Impressed by the powerful Force spirits, Sith Lord Ergast developed a Force-walking ritual thousands of years ago to absorb restless spirits of the dead and feed off their incredible hunger. However, rebellious ghosts are not easily contained and have been known to poison and corrupt any who would dare to syphon their dominating power.

In addition;

Statement of Darth Sidious: "The spirits of Korriban are quite real. Indeed, on one occasion they nearly killed me."

Statement of Luke Skywalker: "Anyone who dismisses the existence of the Sith spirits has never fought one. It took every Jedi in my academy to defeat the spirit of Exar Kun."

---

Darth Nox managed to wield combined might of several Force spirits to significantly augment his power, an absolutely stupendous power progression for an individual. I don't think that any mortal can realistically match this level of strength.

--- --- ---

Surik should be number one without a doubt on the Jedi list.

Any specific reason to believe that Surik is the most powerful Jedi? Her performance in Malachor V is very impressive without a doubt but she shared a powerful bond with Darth Traya which may have benefitted her in some way and it is rumored that she siphoned energies from her companions. Correct me if I am wrong, with official data.

After that we should have people like Bastilla, Satele, HoT and Barsen'thor, along with Sunrider.

Noted.

Question is, do we put Revan on Sith or Jedi? I'd say Sith, because no Jedi used dark side teachings, but Sith usually use light side abilities with their dark ones, or just leave him off entirely, whatever. If it's Jedi, IMO he should be under Surik.

Hmm, this is interesting observation.

Yes, Revan's alignment is an issue. He became a practitioner of both light and dark sides of the Force, partly due to his circumstances and partly due to his hunger for knowledge. However, he continued to serve the Jedi Order or the Republic at minimum so he can be logically considered as a Jedi.

Interestingly, there is another faction of Jedi known as Green Jedi who do not serve the main Jedi Order. Therefore, a person can be a Jedi without serving the main Jedi Order.

There are some revelations about Revan.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

She still wasn’t sure what to make of Lord Scourge. She had sensed that his offer to work together was sincere, though she wondered how much of that was Revan’s doing. It was easy to understand how Scourge could be drawn to him; Revan’s command of the Force was greater than that of anyone else she had ever met. And she knew how charismatic he could be. Even though he was a prisoner it wasn’t hard to imagine him being in total control of the situation.

And;

"Called Sith lightning, these charges cause excruciating pain and weaken life, and it is a challenge for even the most powerful Jedi Masters to deflect such bursts." (Taken from Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide)

But;

"Scourge reveals to the Emperor Nyris's plot against him, presenting him with evidence of her treachery. The Emperor orders the Imperial Guard to strike against Nyris. Using the chaos of this reprisal as cover, Scourge and Meetra free Revan but are nearly stopped by Nyris. Revan's raw power in the Force bends Nyris's Sith lightning back at her, utterly destroying the Sith Lord." (Taken from Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion)

In addition;

Three centuries ago, Revan wielded the dual philosophies of Sith passion and Jedi tranquility to conquer his enemies; he even nearly assassinated the Sith Emperor.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

Though the Mandalorian fought valiantly, in the end he was no match for the Jedi Order’s most powerful champion.

Revan is likely stronger than Darth Traya. Revan was already stronger than any Jedi at the time of Mandalorian Wars.

Id disagree, Nox's spirits are referred to as a shield, not a weapon, a shield against Thanatons power, which is likely why Nox only let's them out in short bursts too (The ritual state)

That is not my POV.

Kindly check the assessment above.

Let's also not forget that Imperius let go of her ghosts and was still as feared on the council by the time of Makeb according to Darth Marr, whilst we might be going with Dark side here, we should take the other options into account too.

Dark side alignment makes most sense since this is how a Sith Lord is expected to be. I have never heard of a Sith Lord who embraced the light side in the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire and got away with it.

And would Darth Bane be a candidate for this list?

Anyway, referring to the Most Powerful Lists, I'd propose the following pool:

Sith Emperor

Exar Kun

Revan

Meetra Surik

Darth Traya

Darth Malgus

Nomi Sunrider

Satele Shan

Darth Bane

Not necessarily in that order, but roughly speaking.

Anyway starting with one I'm nominate the Sith Emperor, heck its canon so no point debating. After that I'd agree with Lady, given that Exar Kun has recieved a similar title and I see nobody who surpassed him.

EDIT: Ah, Darth Bane was born outside the time period, so no to him I guess.

Thank you for your input. Noted.

Darth Bane came into existence around 1026 BBY and became a powerful Sith Lord around 1000 BBY. Therefore he will be considered in the rankings.

Darth Zannah may not be considered though due to timeline factor.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

The power of the Force Ghosts is mutually exclusive to Darth Nox's own ability to wield the Force. So I don't think it should be counted, given that that is what we are gauging here. Anyway I think the Hero of Tython is more powerful, he did after all defeat the Sith Emperor, whose powers eclipse Nox's and arguably everybody else's as well.

The power of the Force Ghosts is mutually exclusive to Darth Nox's own ability to wield the Force. So I don't think it should be counted, given that that is what we are gauging here. Anyway I think the Hero of Tython is more powerful, he did after all defeat the Sith Emperor, whose powers eclipse Nox's and arguably everybody else's as well.

Darth Nox's power progression is a tricky development.

Darth Nox, at natural level, subdued Khem Val; an indication that Nox was already a powerful Force-user at this point. Interestingly, he was outmatched by some in the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire at this point. However, Darth Nox significantly augmented his power through unnatural means after mastering Force-walking ritual by consuming the energy of several Force spirits.

Official information about Force-walking ritual:

Three hundred years after Tulak Hord, the Sith Ergast tried to recreate the ritual the Dark Lord used to devour the spirits of his enemies at Yn and Chabosh. In its place, he discovered what he called the ritual of Force-walking. Requiring a Sith of great strength of will, the ritual of Force-walking allows the user to bind the restless ghosts of dead Sith to himself. Once the ghosts are bound, the ritualist may draw from their power, channeling it into a powerful exertion of Force energy against his enemies.

You see that Force-walking technique allows a Force-user to augment his power by drawing on the energy obtained from Force spirits. The more spirits are consumed or bind, the greater is the power boost accordingly.

A lone Force-spirit is a powerful manifestation of energy. Darth Nox wielded the combined might of about 6 Force spirits with his command of dark sorcery at his prime on top of his own natural strength. Therefore, it makes sense to assume that no mortal can match the strength of Darth Nox while the latter is augmented in this manner.

Yes, if natural strength is considered, Hero of Tython is most likely stronger than any individual.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

I don't think Nomi's powerful connection to the Cosmic Force is really a mark of her superiority over the Exile. Because when it comes to raw power the Cosmic Force is the furthest from it. As I said a while back the Cosmic Force is about listening to the Force, its about being able to comprehend the metaphysical, if you will, and through that gain insight.

This is why Darth Traya for example, who possessed an exceptional connection and understanding of the Cosmic Force, is not vastly powerful despite her abilities in foresight rivaling that of the likes of Darth Sidious and others.

So sure, Nomi might have a better connection to the Cosmic Force. But what about the Living Force? The manipulation of the Force rather than simply an attunement to it? The Exile could well be superior to her in this respect.

P.S. Sion's love for the Exile had no impact on the difficulty of the fight, it was because of that love that Sion wanted to destroy her, 1. because he saw it as a weakness and 2. because he didn't want Traya to break her, he went all out.

However if you take note of the other displays I quoted, you would see that the knowledge she gained clearly transferred into her immense power.

Also, regardless it was Dun Moch that defeated Sion, if it wasn't for this Surik would have died, too exhausted to fight.

Edited by LadyKulvax