Mandalorian Sith.

There is a player on my server who is titled Darth, but claims to be Mandalorian. I have bee told a few things but im not sure what is actually true Lore wise.

Is that possible? Does it go against the rules of the Empire? etc etc.

Thanks.

There is a player on my server who is titled Darth, but claims to be Mandalorian. I have bee told a few things but im not sure what is actually true Lore wise.

Thanks.

well, game titles and rp aren't necessarily the same, but it would be possible. At this point in time, the mandos aren't a group bound by bloodlines but by ideals. The original people known as mandalorian have died out or been assimilated after a decline that began with their loss in the Mandalorian wars.

The thing is, sith philosophy and mandalorian philosophy aren't the same. They have similarities, but they aren't at all identical, so while one could be a sith pureblood and mandalorian at the same time, one couldn't be a sith in the philosophical meaning at the same time. A former sith darth could certainly be a mandalorian, though.

As for rules of the empire, I doubt the other sith would approve at all. They'd probably consider it weak and heretical. He'd have to be very careful where he went and who knew about his movements. He'd likely be attacked.. Nothing wrong with that, though. Just adds to the fun. ;)

He'd want to avoid being one of those rpers who announces heresies on fleet loudly, though, Like the people who speak against the empire/darkside loudly on fleet and expect not to die. Being on fllet at all would be risky.

Edited by errant_knight

During the Clone Wars Darth Maul killed the leader of Death Watch and claimed the title of Mandalore. The majority of the Mandalorians accepted his title but a small group claimed "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!", the war broke out.

So yeah, its possible, but don't expect every Mandalorian to like it.

well, game titles and rp aren't necessarily the same, but it would be possible. At this point in time, the mandos aren't a group bound by bloodlines but by ideals. The original people known as mandalorian have died out or been assimilated after a decline that began with their loss in the Mandalorian wars.

The thing is, sith philosophy and mandalorian philosophy aren't the same. They have similarities, but they aren't at all identical, so while one could be a sith pureblood and mandalorian at the same time, one couldn't be a sith in the philosophical meaning at the same time. A former sith darth could certainly be a mandalorian, though.

As for rules of the empire, I doubt the other sith would approve at all. They'd probably consider it weak and heretical. He'd have to be very careful where he went and who knew about his movements. He'd likely be attacked.. Nothing wrong with that, though. Just adds to the fun. ;)

He'd want to avoid being one of those rpers who announces heresies on fleet loudly, though, Like the people who speak against the empire/darkside loudly on fleet and expect not to die. Being on fllet at all would be risky.

He RP's as a Darth, his leader gave him that title after a few days of being in the Order. This leader also has discussed on being taught an instructed in the ways of the Light Side. Heresy, or no?

During the Clone Wars Darth Maul killed the leader of Death Watch and claimed the title of Mandalore. The majority of the Mandalorians accepted his title but a small group claimed "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!", the war broke out.

So yeah, its possible, but don't expect every Mandalorian to like it.

While that is true, that was a special case. That was a time when the "Death Watch" had just taken over. Death Watch aren't your typical Mandalorians. Also he had just killed the Mandalore.

Normally Mandalorians wouldn't accept a Sith into their ranks, because the Sith Code goes against a lot of what the Resol'nare stands for.

If a Force Sensitive Mandalorian were to leave to be a Sith he'd probably be banished and declared Dar'manda. A key Element about Sith is they betray others and use people as resources to gain power. A key tenant of Mandalorian life is family and protecting said family. A Sith would not be trusted with such.

That guy in game is probably just an ignorant smuck. I'd suggest staying away from his RP and advising others not to take him seriously.

Thanks.

well yes in rp a sith and or jedi can claim to be mandalorian for the reason during the mandalorian wars a group of jedi joined the mandalorians to fight the republic because they preferred the mandalorians meaning to fight so in lore this is allowed , and on the death watch they were disowned by mandalor because they attacked clan fett and tried to steal mandalore when they killed him they lost any tital and jango fett gained the tital mandalore from the fallen mandalore who was his adopted father after death watch killed his family