Craft material mission in every missioncombination

Fazaani

As zooshas/fluxes/pross and such missions are allways just in the moderate rating anyway why not make it so that you could allways run a comp on a cm mission... ofc i konow you can buy them but it feels kinda stupid... Edited by Fazaani

As zooshas/fluxes/pross and such missions are allways just in the moderate rating anyway why not make it so that you could allways run a comp on a cm mission... ofc i konow you can buy them but it feels kinda stupid...

Because then there would never be a reason to buy these materials from the NPC vendor.

In 2.x I ran the grade 9 equivalents whenever they popped (and they did not pop all the time) and I NEVER had to buy from the vendor (I still have stacks of the grade 9 vendor materials) With 3.x they apparently reduced the chance to get these missions because I am now buying these materials from the vendor with some consistency.

Short of it is that this is a credit sink, and this game needs credit sinks.

They really should make up their minds what kind of credit sink they want those white border materials to be. I think they should remove the missions and just make you buy it from the vendor, even if that means I can't profit off them any more.

They really should make up their minds what kind of credit sink they want those white border materials to be. I think they should remove the missions and just make you buy it from the vendor, even if that means I can't profit off them any more.

I would not be against that change, but the mission vs vendor is akin to gathering materials from the field vs running missions; in both instances the former spends more time, the latter spends more credits. Both are valid sinks.

Why wouldn't you be able to profit from them anymore? You didn't say anything about making them unable to be sold on the GTN.

Why wouldn't you be able to profit from them anymore? You didn't say anything about making them unable to be sold on the GTN.

Yes, but I understand what he saying. running the mission is cheaper than buying from vendor. Currently One can run the mission(s) and then post the results on the GTN for vendor value (or even slightly less) and profit. By removing the mission entirely, in order to profit from these materials one would have depend on desperation and/or laziness of customers.

I buy the first two of the "border" materials from the vendor since it is not cost effective to run the missions. Otherwise I get what I need from missions. I don't think, other than the first two, that I have ever bought those special crafting mats.

About two weeks ago, I got the lets make credits bug again, and have been crafting and selling a significant number of items. I find that with a little planning, my surplus of those border materials is increasing in each kind and at each level.

The savings from not buying the mats, getting them at cost, benefits those who buy my wears since I do not have to reflect a higher mat price to keep the same profit margin.

Yes, but I understand what he saying. running the mission is cheaper than buying from vendor. Currently One can run the mission(s) and then post the results on the GTN for vendor value (or even slightly less) and profit. By removing the mission entirely, in order to profit from these materials one would have depend on desperation and/or laziness of customers.

Oh, I understood what he was saying. I was trying to point out that if he was running the missions and trying to make money by pricing anywhere remotely near the vendor price that he was doing it wrong. I usually sell the CR 800 mats for CR 1750+, when I can be bothered to take the time. Small batches, big prices :)

Competing with the vendor means grossly underestimating the desperation and laziness of customers.

Edited by eartharioch

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I meant the super easy profit of buying up the materials that are listed for less than the vendor price, so I can turn around and sell them to the vendor for quick credits if I don't need them. There's always something on the GTN that's listed for less than the vendor will give you, because people are lazy. Usually I double the price and relist them, but if they don't sell I can still profit from the vendor. It's guaranteed profit, even if it's in smaller amounts.

Rule of Acquisition #41: Profit is its own reward.

Well, I meant the super easy profit of buying up the materials that are listed for less than the vendor price, so I can turn around and sell them to the vendor for quick credits if I don't need them. There's always something on the GTN that's listed for less than the vendor will give you, because people are lazy. Usually I double the price and relist them, but if they don't sell I can still profit from the vendor. It's guaranteed profit, even if it's in smaller amounts.

Rule of Acquisition #41: Profit is its own reward.

AH!

I do that on occasion too, but usually when value is that low, it means supply is extremely high and demand is low. I buy but do not bother to repost; I simply vendor that stuff.

There's always something on the GTN that's listed for less than the vendor will give you, because people are lazy. Usually I double the price and relist them, but if they don't sell I can still profit from the vendor. It's guaranteed profit, even if it's in smaller amounts.

It's not always people being lazy.. F2P players get < subs from vendors in addition to having limited inventory and gtn slots, so as long as they're selling it above *their* vendor cost, I wouldn't call that lazy. Lazy would be them vendoring something they could sell to me at a higher price, even if I only buy because I can also make a profit.