Thank you for the gree event

Draloch

I have also had a great time, and look forward to relishing the next week's events.

Kudos for everyone making this event happen, and for all the players making it fun.

Okay, okay okay, thanks even to you little roaches who like to come and shoot up the orb lines. Ya hosers...

:csw_yoda:

I loved this event too.

It was a lot of fun, fun missions, fun bosses. Fun everything. I even liked some of the armors.

Didn't like the fact that the legacy weapons were for level 50 though, and will always be for level 50. I really wanted the sniper rifle for my low-level alt.

Thank you for having an event.

I'm not liking the over-reliance on dailies for events, but Xeno is a fun fight and the world bosses are pretty cool. New armor and weapons in a style different than we've seen before is a plus.

I'm going to be nostalgic for a moment and remember the dozens and dozens of well-deserved "awesome event!" threads for the rakghoul event (with the couple rare complaint threads), but any event is better than no event, so thank you.

I'm glad there is finally something for the PvP community, they really have been on the short end of the stick.

That being said I'm not a PvPer and for me this event was the worst of the three. I recognize and am OK with the fact that not every piece of content is targeted at me, but I hope this isn't the only event that get's put on a rotation. I would love to see the Rak'ghoul event put on a similar rotation, that was my favorite (and it had some PvP aspecs too :-p)

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Can't say that I enjoyed it, as I really didn't have a chance to partake in it. I am just getting to a high enough rank to possibly partake in it and even visit Illum. I am also still not geared enough for any such PVP, for those parts of the event that are PVP.

So I spent my time still doing my Class quest trying to level up and also leveling my other character.

I did kill some Gree Driods in a cave on Tatooine, but nothing came from that encounter. That and just visiting Illum from do to interacting with that News Terminal on Fleet was the only interaction that I had with the event.

My opinion is that I would prefer them to make events that all levels of characters can join in on in some way shape or form. Not everyone is going to have high level characters. Especially for new players. Kind of sad really. At least in my opinion.

You know I sort of had the same problem with the Grand Acquisitions Race. Even though I was able to do some of it, at that time I was not a high enough level to finish the rest of the missions for it before the event was over. Basically what happened was at the end of the event I had just leveled enough to try and finish it yet it ended and I was left with uncompleted missions that I had to abandon. Go figure. :rolleyes:

OH Well. Maybe I will be able to join in and complete the next event as I am getting close to the end of my leveling for my first character. That is if they have another event. :D

Edited by WarbNull

Can't say that I enjoyed it, as I really didn't have a chance to partake in it. I am just getting to a high enough rank to possibly partake in it and even visit Illum. I am also still not geared enough for any such PVP, for those parts of the event that are PVP.

So I spent my time still doing my Class quest trying to level up and also leveling my other character.

I did kill some Gree Driods in a cave on Tatooine, but nothing came from that encounter. That and just visiting Illum from do to interacting with that News Terminal on Fleet was the only interaction that I had with the event.

My opinion is that I would prefer them to make events that all levels of characters can join in on in some way shape or form. Not everyone is going to have high level characters. Especially for new players. Kind of sad really. At least in my opinion.

You know I sort of had the same problem with the Grand Acquisitions Race. Even though I was able to do some of it, at that time I was not a high enough level to finish the rest of the missions for it before the event was over. Basically what happened was at the end of the event I had just leveled enough to try and finish it yet it ended and I was left with uncompleted missions that I had to abandon. Go figure. :rolleyes:

OH Well. Maybe I will be able to join in and complete the next event as I am getting close to the end of my leveling for my first character. That is if they have another event. :D

Quoted for the G..D.. truth.

Agreed, other than the griefing.

Agreed, yesterday we were just trying to complete the Heroic and were attacking the robots that we had just spawned. Them some Imps dressed in full War hero elite gear came running through our fire bouncing around till well got flagged and then they wiped us in a few hits even though we were dressed in full Black Hole PVE gear. Because I don't PVP, I don't have good PVP gear. i am at a disadvantage. I really thought I rolled my characters on a PVE server for a reason. :mad:

Plus I have to PUB TANK Xeno OPS HM to get enough Helix to get anything >200K in repair bills getting zapp'ed because the Pubbers DPS was not high enough to bring down the cube before tank gets one hit killed, we never finished that one.:mad:.. This is clearly a PVP event meant for large guilds only. Small guilds or Pubs need not apply. :mad:

Gear is for LVL 45+ only = Fail :mad:

Gear will not work on companions like other events = Fail :mad:

Have to do OPS to get enough Helix before event end = Fail :mad:

Ganking and Griefing from degenerates = Fail :mad:

Thanks Bioware You have a failing grade from me.. :mad:

Edited by DakotaDoc

On the flip side, many players will say it wasn't all that. Had it been all that great there wouldn't of been so many complaints from players on PVE servers about being forced into PVP in order to run the event.

This is not the first time BioWare makes the same mistake. You would think that after the last event and the many complaints that event gathered, they would of listen, but in true Bioware form, once again, they do what they want regardless how players feel.

I been up there 4 times and only the first time I got flagged on purpose. The other 3 times, I went solo, ran some of the quests and never got flagged or was attacked. I think many players could do the same but haven't been able to stay away from becoming flagged.

But looking at it from their perspective, their complaints are valid. What's not valid is BioWares rational.

Edited by RikHar

I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Ignored it the 1st day. Then gave in and checked it out on the 2nd. Been looking forward to another run each day since. Even the PvP quests. Which is something I don't do much of. Rather than hating it like I thought I would, I kinda like the added element of danger in that area.

Each day those quests play out a little bit differently for me. I think that's what I find the most interesting about it. Unlike the usual PvE dailies that are nearly identical runs day in & day out, these include possible FFA chaos at any moment. I've often had to adapt to what's going on around me to complete those quests. Some smooth runs with little to no issues. Others taking multiple attempts & deaths before finishing. While that can be frustrating at times, it's certainly not boring.

I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Ignored it the 1st day. Then gave in and checked it out on the 2nd. Been looking forward to another run each day since. Even the PvP quests. Which is something I don't do much of. Rather than hating it like I thought I would, I kinda like the added element of danger in that area.

Each day those quests play out a little bit differently for me. I think that's what I find the most interesting about it. Unlike the usual PvE dailies that are nearly identical runs day in & day out, these include possible FFA chaos at any moment. I've often had to adapt to what's going on around me to complete those quests. Some smooth runs with little to no issues. Others taking multiple attempts & deaths before finishing. While that can be frustrating at times, it's certainly not boring.

Winner,thats the beauty of it.

/bump

I've enjoyed it as well.

I like the open world pvp, the look of the light sabers, the sense of activity and the fresh quest chains that have a bit of urgency/finality to them (I don't always trust devs when they say "this will return in the future"). I also am not a raider and while I've experienced nothing that has changed that, I did discover that I really don't mind a raid or world boss fight every now and then.

Totally agreed guys, this is a great event and even though it hasn't finished just yet, I am really looking forward to it returning, soon I hope, so that I can continue building my Gree Reputation!

In fact, the event has been so much fun that I want more :), why not bring back the Rakgoul World Event from April 2012 that was also a bucket of fun on Tatooine!

I've enjoyed it, but am really hoping they can extend it some, I didn't get to participate in it the first week, and it almost mathematically impossible for me to reach champion or higher for the gear without nearly no-lifing the game for the rest of the week, so hopefully they might extend it a week to take some strain off people who didn't get to play it at the start