Usage of the security key vendor without using the security key?

Sullax

Addicted since mid january. At the beginning I was unsure of this game but it got me hooked for a long time now. I'm now in a hunt for all goodies I can unlock ingame.

Now is it possible to redeen a security key code to unlock the associated vendor without actually using the secure key? So I have acces to the vendors without the obligation to insert a key every time I log in.

Because a quick search on this topic reveals many frustrated threads about malfunctions etc. and I'm not keen to embrace myself to the risk of getting locked out of the game when the authenticator fails.

Don't know for sure, but you can buy the security key, activate it, then claim you broke it. I don't know, kids, water...

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the security key vendor, while deactivating the security key check.

Then I don't know if it's legit....

I do hope it work, because my security key will not hold forever :D

Worth checking it.

I''d assume you have to actualy activate and register the key, not just download it. You could try activating it, buying the goodies, and deactivating it and see what happens. Supposedly yoy have to call Bioware to deactivate it and wait on hold forever.

Keep in mind that some of the items are fairly expensive - and they're all cosmetic (a speeder, a pet, bikini outfits, companion customization).

You have to actually have an active security key to use it. I de-activated mine when I got a new phone and was waiting for the physical key to arrive in the mail. I could not use the vendor for the week it took to arrive.

I never realized how much I loved the Fleet passes until that week!

If you have a smart phone, you could try to download the security key app and set it up to your account.

I'm not too sure if it'll unlock the vendor but you could try.

I can confirm that the smartphone security key app does unlock the vendor.

Addicted since mid january. At the beginning I was unsure of this game but it got me hooked for a long time now. I'm now in a hunt for all goodies I can unlock ingame.

Now is it possible to redeen a security key code to unlock the associated vendor without actually using the secure key? So I have acces to the vendors without the obligation to insert a key every time I log in.

Because a quick search on this topic reveals many frustrated threads about malfunctions etc. and I'm not keen to embrace myself to the risk of getting locked out of the game when the authenticator fails.

The only way to get access to that Security Key vendor is to add a security key (either the mobile phone app or the physical key generator) to your account.

If you add a key and then ask the CSRs to help you remove the key, then after the removal of the key you will no longer have access to the Security Key vendor, although you will still be able to use the items you bought from the vendor.