Wanted: Dead and dismantled

TaitWatson

Is Kern a character we should know?

As far as I understand, the subject of the conversation is what we're to be focusing on. It's a random BH-7X droid talking to someone who'd been crossed by Jakarro one too many times?

Is Kern a character we should know?

As far as I understand, the subject of the conversation is what we're to be focusing on. It's a random BH-7X droid talking to someone who'd been crossed by Jakarro one too many times?

I'm not sure it's a random droid unit. As far as I'm aware, he's the only one of his kind.

(...) Kern laughed. He reached for the bottle again, but only managed to knock it off the opposite end of the desk. It struck the droid’s shin, bounced away, and spun into the corner. The glowing eyes didn’t move. “The great BH-7X!” Kern’s arms found a suitably dramatic pose. “I’m supposed to pay you a fortune to partner up, and you can’t even dodge a bottle?” (...)

The text does imply as much.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm confused lol, did the droid punch him to the floor out or shoot him? is he dead or what?

Nahhh. ;)

BH-7X had teamed up with Kern in order to collect the bounty on both Jakarro and his droid. Unfortunately, the trap that Kern had set up failed and in order to recoup something from the whole ordeal, BH-7X just froze Kern in carbonite, after the latter so willingly confessed that he engaged in illegal activities to lure Jakarro, namely the trafficking / smuggling of illegal "goods".

Smart droid I say.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Made me chuckle when I read this short story, Kern is the online/game/forum name that I've gone by for the past20+ years... back from the days of playing my dads old BBC and Amiga 500 computers right upto present day in swtor.

Here's a screenshot of my legacy screen to prove my character names:

http://i.imgur.com/b4SBULr.jpg

I used to play another big fantasy mmo (no not that one,,, but another big one set around the middle of the earth..) and there was a NPC added with the name Kern thus annoyingly preventing me from using my chosen character name (had a similar name, small change or characters) I sincerely hope Bioware dosen't force me to rename my much played/loved characters name (been playing since day one of release by the way) on just a name being plucked from thin air by a dev as they create new content, that would be most frustrating and annoying damaging the attachment that I have with my characters.

It's not a silly name like 'han soooolo' or any such rule bending name here, this silly as it may sound to some, It means something to me, I have a personal connection to it, and I really hope they don't change it or make the NPC with it a moronic character that people associate me with 'oh look that guy copied his name off the court jester... pfftt idiot...' Nooo! i got here first!

Sorry for my little rant, I realise that as new content is developed that they have to give the NPCs a name and inevitably being a Massively Multiplayer online game that there is a high likely hood of someone at some point getting the same name as a plot character. Great story by the way.

It's not a silly name like 'han soooolo' or any such rule bending name here, this silly as it may sound to some, It means something to me, I have a personal connection to it, and I really hope they don't change it or make the NPC with it a moronic character that people associate me with 'oh look that guy copied his name off the court jester... pfftt idiot...' Nooo! i got here first!

I had something similar with my sith sorcerer. Named him Ankus after an ancient Indian elephant training spear.

Then a character appears called Arkus and I look like it copied the name.

"He’d probably had too much, but his other hand was already pouring more, so it seemed rude to refuse."

Haha excellent. Made my day.

Yes this line was great, love these stories. Keep the content up Bioware, I really love the direction that the new game content has been taking. Manaan was great and I love some of the re-designed log interface etc... Thanks!