A decision to regret...

jedahmaster

Okay here's my dilemma. My computer is not exactly the fastest thing out there so to help it run faster i chose a server with population: Light.

I'm starting to regret this decision as i see on average, 1 player every half an hour. I'm really tiring of playing solo.

Now don't get my wrong, I'm not QQing or anything, I love this game. I just wish i could get in on some of the multi-player action i see on videos. I'm getting a computer upgrade soon to fix the speed and lag issues. But I'm gonna end up with a fast computer with no one to group with.

Is there anyway to transfer my sith jugg onto another server with more population? (heck I would even be willing to pay for a transfer...)

If there is no way to transfer, then tell me now... I suppose it's better to reroll now at lvl 20 then it is to reroll on levels 30 or 40.

Okay here's my dilemma. My computer is not exactly the fastest thing out there so to help it run faster i chose a server with population: Light.

I'm starting to regret this decision as i see on average, 1 player every half an hour. I'm really tiring of playing solo.

Now don't get my wrong, I'm not QQing or anything, I love this game. I just wish i could get in on some of the multi-player action i see on videos. I'm getting a computer upgrade soon to fix the speed and lag issues. But I'm gonna end up with a fast computer with no one to group with.

Is there anyway to transfer my sith jugg onto another server with more population? (heck I would even be willing to pay for a transfer...)

If there is no way to transfer, then tell me now... I suppose it's better to reroll now at lvl 20 then it is to reroll on levels 30 or 40.

Ha Ha.. this is exactly what I did.. I chose a Light pop server and now regretting it.. to make it even worse, I rolled Republic so even less people :)

To be honest even if you were 50th it wouldn't be a big deal to make a new character. My 2nd character took 2 days 10 hours of played time to get to 50.. little over a week of real time. This was skipping all movies and bonus missions, due to this I would say server transfers are realllllly low on there list of things to do.

Reroll now, if you can. I like and dislike light servers...

My main is on Helm Of Graush, probably the most insane PvP server ever made.

there are good and bad things about being on a light server

+ Feels more like your exploring uncharted territories on later planets

+ No one will take an Objective that has a long respawn time

++++++ No one will stealth loot you

- No one to play with

- Guilds are usually pathetic

-- That One Idiot you find will follow ONLY you.

- + No one on Wz, but free wins ( i hate warzones)

So i kinda depends on your preferences

There are no available transfers at the moment.

I am on a HEAVY server, and I find it nearly impossible to find groups no matter what time of the day it is. This is just sad.

I'm on a populated server and I have no problems finding a group

Free transfer comes 1 March.

This is blatantly inaccurate.

The transfers he means only apply to people with valid AU/NZ addresses in their account info and are to facilitate the Asia/Pacific launch for players from those regions who already purchased the game and created characters before the 28th of this month. Those of us elligible will get notified of transfer details closer to our servers opening up next week.

Source

Players who have already begun their journey will also have a limited-time opportunity to migrate their characters from their current servers to Asia Pacific servers after the launch on March 1st, giving them the chance to take advantage of the decreased network latency by playing on a regional server. All players who qualify for a character transfer will be notified in early March with more details.
Edited by obek_kwae

Its better to re-roll now in the 20's. The game-play improvement you start to experience will offset lost time. Make sure you scour the SERVER GROUPS forum and do some basic research to find servers with plenty of activity for your timezone. Edited by Stovokor

To be honest even if you were 50th it wouldn't be a big deal to make a new character. My 2nd character took 2 days 10 hours of played time to get to 50.. little over a week of real time. This was skipping all movies and bonus missions, due to this I would say server transfers are realllllly low on there list of things to do.

It's not solely the time investment. What about all the gear that my level 50 Shadow has that I want to keep? All the goodies on her ship? All the credits she's accumulated?

I think it's a pretty big priority. A lot of people are looking for server transfers to greatly improve their experience with the game. I'm sure people like OP have missed out on tons of content purely because they could form groups for Heroic Missions, Flashpoints, or whatever else.