Speeder piloting rank 1 went from 25k to 40k overnight;

Bandydude

YIKES !!

:eek:

looks like I will be doing some serious griding on Tatooine..

UGH ! I was hoping to get off that rock a little sooner !

:D

edit: any suggestions as to a great place to rack up some serious credits ?

(always willing to learn )

20k credits from 1-2 hours worth of Space missions if you pick up all the dailies.

People need to understand that purchasing a speeder and purchasing the Pilot skill are two different things. And speeders have a level requirement, so a 25k speeder doesn't mean you can immediately hop on it and get to scootin' if you're only lvl 25

yup .. IMHO I think that is where some of the confusion is at !

BTW... I have no problem with griding. It is what it is! I just like to "maximize" it as much as possible. And I know that most of you have a better idea of WHERE to do that ! I'm loving this game thus far ! I have not seen a good MMO yet as to where it wasn't expected! I might as well put a few quests on hold (so to speak) and rack up a few "K" in credits and get mobile ! In the long run I will benefit from it big time.

yup .. IMHO I think that is where some of the confusion is at !

BTW... I have no problem with griding. It is what it is! I just like to "maximize" it as much as possible. And I know that most of you have a better idea of WHERE to do that ! I'm loving this game thus far ! I have not seen a good MMO yet as to where it wasn't expected! I might as well put a few quests on hold (so to speak) and rack up a few "K" in credits and get mobile ! In the long run I will benefit from it big time.

Like Infernal said, space missions will give you enough money for the riding in no time :) I was completely broke at lvl 24 then with 2 days of dailies and some quest rewards I hit lvl 25 with 60k...

People need to understand that purchasing a speeder and purchasing the Pilot skill are two different things. And speeders have a level requirement, so a 25k speeder doesn't mean you can immediately hop on it and get to scootin' if you're only lvl 25

Where can you buy the Pilot skill? I have enough credits for it :confused:

• 1 month later...
MY QUESTION IS WHY 40,OOO to me this is way over priced to the point ware I am unlikely to buy it any time soon. it is just stupid.:mad:

By the time you've reached the level for Speeder 1 you should easily have a spare 40k credits to spend on it.

I've levelled a lot of characters since release and each of them has had around 80k when it comes to Speeder 1 time.

40k very easy to get by the time you hit level 25. The only way i can see it being an issue is if you are constantly trying to out level your screw skills past the level you are and buying all the armor you can for you and your companions.

Level 25 - speeder cost 8k / training 40k :: total cost 48,00k

Level 40 - speeder cost 25k / training 210k :: total cost 235k

Level 50 - speeder cost 55k - 1.5m / training 330k :: total cost 385k minimum

List of vehicles and anything dealing with speeder piloting can be found here

Edited by haliy

MY QUESTION IS WHY 40,OOO to me this is way over priced to the point ware I am unlikely to buy it any time soon. it is just stupid.:mad:

40k is easily attainable at 25, even for me who tends to overspend on crafting. 210k at level 40 is another matter ...

40k is easy to have by level 25 IF you know you need it. There's a reason that annoying "start saving!" tip pops up at level 20.

I had more than one friend who blew most of their money on crew skills missions while leveling, and then found themselves without speeder money. I think it is especially easy to do at low levels because the missions only take a few minutes each.

But, yes, grinding out a few space missions will fill your pockets quickly.

I got early access and I remember it was 40k for speeder I and 210k for Speeder II

40k is not bad. The reason that I think many players don't have it because one or all of the following.

1. they keep buying upgrades with credits

2. crafting and buying schematics from trainer

3. crafting missions. It gets more and more expensive as you level up

4. not running all the side missions even gray out to get most money.

I didn't get my Speeder til very nearly level 28, because I was spending on crew skill missions. By the time I was level 30, though, my 2 following on Alts both had their speeder training and rides. It really is only an issue if you're a spendthrift. Stop anything other than essential expenditure at level 22 and you'll have your 40k by level 25.

YIKES !!

edit: any suggestions as to a great place to rack up some serious credits ?

(always willing to learn )

The Sand People right next to Outlaw's Den on the Republic side, on Tatooine.

If you're able to fight these, you're probably able to fight your way in a circle that spawns three security chests along the way. One's with a few Republic Scavengers in a tent, one's next to a sharpshooter just sitting there by the canyon, the third is nearest to Outlaw's Den, up on a hill with three Sand People near it.

Once you know where all three are, it's not at all tough to circle through, killing as you go for the odd bit of good loot as well. If you're daring, you can always cruise through the Den as well- there's an occasional VERY slow respawn chest or two to be found in there as well, but you'll flag PvP on PvE servers for anyone to take down.

For someone in the "first speeder" range, it's decent hunting and often surprisingly quiet. Though this post may change that a bit, LOL.