What have you done for your server?

Preventer_Wind

Strange question, isn't it?

Dumb? Pointless because this is internet and no one cares?

Then why should I give a damn about your personal blight against the problems The Bastion server faces in PVP?

I play both factions and see where this problem with this server and why PVP is so bad and unbalanced right now.

Let's put the unbalanced classes away to different forums. I am here to talk about the server balance.

The Bastion server is obviously Imp heavy server. Many think in reg warzones (lvl 60 based), Imps dominate because of sheer number. But that isn't perfectly true. From my 60's pvp experience imperials are better in overall because of one key element that the imperial pvp players bring to the team: communication.

not by how much in team comm is being thrown around within the matches, but in terms of overall warzone experience, imperial players are easier, and more open to communicate, even in basics such as calling incoming, or which node needs to be defended, etc etc.

When I play on pub side, it always feels like I am out to fend for myself. There is definitely a lower percentage of games where I experience an attempt to communicate with teammates in the match. And then team usually ends up losing. Same thing in ranked too (of course that would be yolo queue). Why are pubs so discouraged in PVP in the Bastion server? At least in time spend in The Bastion server, sometimes on the imperial fleet there are some educational and rather helpful discussions take place on how to play, and how to perceive the game. It's not always rants and curses, and fighting from one person to another. I do definitely see less in pub side.

As most of my mains are in imp side of this server, we are obviously outraged by current ranked queues. Pubs are cheating. pubs are queue syncing while our side is ridden with trolls and queue leavers. Those are some of the feelings we carry these days. However instead of directly pointing fingers against them, we must understand the fact that the people who show up at ranked queue are perhaps the only people queuing from their faction at that time. So systematically, there is nothing wrong with what the pubs are doing. they are just enjoying the games and just happened to be in advantageous position by the way the game is designed. How all of this could've been avoided? Only if both faction players were more prone to understand how the PVP system works in this game. Even if the pub side is queue sync'ing, what would happen if there are vast majority of Imperial pvp players who knew how to counter those set ups? At least it would have been close matches or even a chance to win against such premade would be greater ( more tanks and healers should queuing, if there is population willing to queue and have confidence to try it out on solo queue).

However, were there anything that we the players could do in terms of improving the PVP community? I think not.. Every member in my guild knows what they are signing up for upon joining. We teach them how to play warzones effectively. we constantly help each other in getting dailies done and discuss about gear set ups. We constantly group up and rarely queue alone. On the side we also attempt to help and teach non-guild members on how to play warzones if they ask. I think of the biggest problem in this game is that no one is asking for real help or discussion, only except when they need credits or do quests that can be solo'ed.

These days I only see PVE guilds queuing up regs just to do their conquest. Fine by me and thank you for being easy targets. However, I generally don't see pub guilds discussing or even a decent pvp guild that attempts to run better reg matches. There are good pub and imp pvp players in this server, and i respect them for what they are capable in ranked matches. I do never see them queuing regular matches nor contribute to the betterment of the faction pvp.

If I have one criticism, the top players in this server rarely contributes to the betterment of their faction's PVP qualities. I believe such neglect has been one of the core reasons why our server's PVP quality is so biased and unbalanced. It always ends up having one team dominating another these days, instead of seeing close matches. What we need to see, that whether our server succeeds in becoming a good pvp server, is to see more close matches. This tells that more and more people are learning how to play warzones, creates less discouragement in both ranked and reg warzones. Instead of complaining 'you all suck', how about trying to discuss tactics before the start of the matches? If there are no healers, how about some ops and sorcs in the team offer to attempt off heals for the team members instead of blindingly pursue your own dps figures and be happy about it? we can only do better when entire team is backing you, instead of one person thinking that they can carry the team?

Here's an example. When i first started queuing ranked matches in season 2, I was not geared. I had 2018 expertise but only mainhand and offhand were ranked gears. When i got a queue, my teammates began with complaining and I immediately thought 'oh ****'. I told them this was my first time queueing and I did not know the gears were such importance since the stats didn't seem so different at that time. The team understood and other jugg in my team offered me stim, which I had no concept of back then. In the end, my team won both matches with me coming second top dps from both matches (i play dps jugg). That became turning point when I became a full on PVP player. Improvements came after as i learned how to play warzones and ranked matches bit more seriously and I began to understand the mechanics of them.

At the end of season 3, i was 10 ratings away from gold before my hopes were snatched by trolls queuing towards the end of the season. Considering how I used to play, I was glad to even hit silver rank. I am hoping for gold rating this season, but we'll see how that will go, right? The moral of the story is, we are too focused on doing just whatever we want. I would like to see more joint guild efforts to make the warzones more fun place to be at. an overall improvement of PVP quality by faction and server, rather than everyone reaching for tops. Being at tops is good, but what good is it when rest of your faction underperforms by huge margin? You want the recognition of being called godly? sure thing, good for you. that's all i gotta say. For me, i just wanna have better time going against my opponents.

Oh, by the way? my guild is planning invasion during the Gree event. So any good Pub pvp guilds please come to Ilum and let's have all out brawl. Let's just have some fun duking it at each other and have constructive and fun pvp experience instead of /say chat smeared with hurtful languages. For other Imp side pvp guilds, lets us talk and see if we can make this event truly a server wide PVP event and get some attentions.

Edited by Preventer_Wind

I also play both sides. Pubs have three major problems as I see it (not factoring in poor diet, outlook and upbringing).

1. Less proficient in English.

2. communication-averse

3. They saw one Jedi beat up hundreds of Imps in the movies, and are perpetually convinced that the *next* time they chase the entire enemy team solo, their big victory is gonna come. The rest of the team are just extras, and WHERE THE HELL IS MY OVERTURE?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...