Sorcerer / Sage skills promote playing badly

Aidank

I personally have found the DOTs to be very useful, primarily because in the role I usually play, I want to put on some damage and then be doing something other than just straight damage dealing, like healing the main healer, or putting static barrier on someone who took damage, or whirlwinding an unexpected patrol. In short I find my role as sorc to be firefighter, keeping people alive as well as damage dealer.

I can see the concern you're raising, but I don't think excepting in a really large group that the sorc is just about that one skill. It's far more about applying those various skills to the situation. Even if you could just spam force lightning forever, it means you are neglecting doing all the other things you probably ought to be helping with, in my humble opinion.

Nobody really uses the class forums so I decided to post it here.

Nice circular logic there. Just saying :p The title is perhaps just a touch inflammatory?

Edited by Grammarye

I understand that that's how the class is intended to be played, dot up and then you can barrier / heal / etc. But the concern I'm raising with the DPET figures is that it's generally more beneficial to spend the 3 seconds it takes to dot people up just using force lightning instead, then heal people.

It sounds sort of ridiculous, but that's just how bad our dots are right now.

And yes, the title is a tad inflamatory but generally these kind of threads that actually bring up an argument and support it die because there aren't 20 people arguing keeping the thread bumped. And to be honest, it isn't false, it becomes incredibly easy to do very well in bgs simply spamming force lightning.

Edited by Aidank

I agree with this

Seriously the amount of sorcerors that only spam Lighting is horrendous

Its like they only have 3 skills (a stun, lighting and shield)

Sorceror is the wotlk paladin of swtor

We have a good number of abilities, and if force lightning were nerfed and it were beneficial to use all of them we would have IMO one of the toughest rotations in the game, not to mention behind the bubble we're the squishiest advanced class in the game, not nearly as easy as wotlk paladins.

Edited by Aidank