Group finder? Psht.

Getting real sick of not being able to do a damn flashpoint to try out some DPS runs. 40 minutes and nothing? I don't have all afternoon to wait for a flashpoint, and I refuse to have to run healing or tank to get into one (like I nearly ALWAYS do).

This game needs better rewards for playing a support class because, as it is, everyone follows like a *********** sheep on crack straight into DPS.

DPS > everything.

Well played, BioWare. You introduce a group finder that only really works for healers and tanks.

Edited by Harsisus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False. There are far more DPS in this game than other classes. Therefore you're going to be in a longer line to get a flashpoint. It's the nature of the beast. There is a saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat. You can easily go into the general chat and recruit for a group, or ask your guild mates to join in one one. DPS is not greater than anything. DPS is a very popular class because it does not typically require you to focus on group needs (my opinion).

Seriously? You have to bribe people to play the game?! That's absurd, and I think horrible behavior on their part. I'd probably put them on ignore and hope to find other more interested people.

I have some time till our ops start and you want to do a fp.

What's so wrong with making a little profit from it?

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I don't agree with charging someone for your services in a video game. Ultimately you're prohibiting someone from enjoying the game or just being a royal self indulgent d bag. I find charging for your tank or healing services is absolutely ridiculous. An MMO does not equal a real life business world.

I don't agree with charging someone for your services in a video game. Ultimately you're prohibiting someone from enjoying the game or just being a royal self indulgent d bag. I find charging for your tank or healing services is absolutely ridiculous. An MMO does not equal a real life business world.

Do you put things on the gtn for free? No, you don't

You wouldn't craft a stranger something for free by using your mats either

It's exactly the same

It's exactly the same

Maybe I'm a rare person in the game then. The GTN is a designated buy and sell place. If I'm in a random group and I have something that doesn't sell on the GTN I am more than willing to simply give it away to someone who may want the piece of gear or what not. I do the same for guild mates if I have something that they want more than I do. It's not a loss to be selfless.

edit: Besides if you run a flashpoint in a random group it's not like you're NOT making money on the deal already by accepting the mission rewards, or getting things to sell to vendors from the mobs. I don't see a need to pay someone when they are going to come out ahead of where they were in the beginning regardless.

Edited by Shwarzchild

It's exactly the same

Your reward from partying for the flashpoint is the commendations, experience, and possible loot. If you want to charge a fee you're free to do so - just don't expect everyone to agree with it (it simple appears a selfish gesture).

In fact, see Shwarzchild's response above me.

False. There are far more DPS in this game than other classes. Therefore you're going to be in a longer line to get a flashpoint. It's the nature of the beast. There is a saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat. You can easily go into the general chat and recruit for a group, or ask your guild mates to join in one one. DPS is not greater than anything. DPS is a very popular class because it does not typically require you to focus on group needs (my opinion).

The "DPS > everything" comment was a summary of the 3 roles in this game. The mentality of the beast.

Personally I think healing and tanking are far more rewarding, and more enjoyable, but every now and then I like to do a DPS run - the only problem is it takes for-fcking-EVER to get a group.

Update on today's daily: got a group after 50 minutes of waiting. Kaon. OK, not so bad. Group wipes, as 2 of us aren't well geared, and the tank gives up and leaves. 10 minutes later the healer leaves, followed by the other DPS.

Great - an hour and a half of my time wasted simply because there is no incentive to PuG a support class in group finder.

This is stupid.

Edited by Harsisus

I'm a little surprised to hear that the group wasn't geared for Kaon. Was it a hardmode or a normal difficulty run? I always found in Kaon that are a few points where not working together can really bite back: the turret, and then the one room where I've found it easier to pull the enemies into the previous hallway first, and then immediately going right along the railings to the above foyer type where there are a bunch of mercs and screamers, and taking those mobs in as small a dose as possible. Then for the last boss I could see a wipe happening if they didn't target the one guy who continually grows larger and larger first. But anyway, I'm sorry you had such crap luck.

I'm a little surprised to hear that the group wasn't geared for Kaon. Was it a hardmode or a normal difficulty run? I always found in Kaon that are a few points where not working together can really bite back: the turret, and then the one room where I've found it easier to pull the enemies into the previous hallway first, and then immediately going right along the railings to the above foyer type where there are a bunch of mercs and screamers, and taking those mobs in as small a dose as possible. Then for the last boss I could see a wipe happening if they didn't target the one guy who continually grows larger and larger first. But anyway, I'm sorry you had such crap luck.

Hardmode.

Essentially the other DPS was fresh 50, low damage output. Tank was OK. Healer was OK. Got zerged by 2 groups of mobs with exploders and grapplers on one corner, and the tank decided to solo one group (the one that was NOT aggro'd to us 3) which caused a wipe.

He basically rage-quit and screwed the whole run up. Wohoo!

Edited by Harsisus

there's times when i seriously don't know if its just that there's 0 people on GF or is it just bugged, for instance while doing ops through GF w. my guild one of us left(tank), we searched one for 30 min and the decided to quit. I mean it doesnt seem possible that there's not a single tank looking for ops group though GF! 0_o

and PS: we were on high priority too:)

so you're looking for a system that forces other people to group with you against their will? or what do you want them to scale the difficulty of the Hm so you can do it solo with just a companion but still get the same rewards as you did it with a group?

the thing about multiplayer games is that you can not dictate when things happen, or when group content will be available to you. You can go into the pvp forum and hear the same complaints about queuing for warzones.

The best way (not necessarily the easiest way) is to get a couple of playing buddies and queing up as a group "premade" if you'd like. no waiting you'll still get credit for the groupfinder rewards and towards the weekly. you go through content much quicker because you already know what everyone will be doing.

that might involve joining a guild or adding a pug or 2 that you worked well with from an FP to your friends list but it's the easiest way.

there's times when i seriously don't know if its just that there's 0 people on GF or is it just bugged, for instance while doing ops through GF w. my guild one of us left(tank), we searched one for 30 min and the decided to quit. I mean it doesnt seem possible that there's not a single tank looking for ops group though GF! 0_o

no need to quit just continue on with the rest of you. If you've got decent gear the story mode ops and the HM FP's don't require full groups. the pylon puzzle can be tricky but not impossible with only 3 people per pylon. If your talking about the Hm's companions work fine as long as you can keep your groups you've aggro'd to managable lvls you'll be fine.

I was doing an HM the other day with my buddy (we mostly play together so we know how to work together) were on our dps alts and decided to join the GF for the daily. Long story short before getting to the first boss on Taral V, the healer and the tank rage quit and leave. we queue up for replacements but while we wait i bring out m1 4x to tank and my buddy pulls out doc, and start clearing content. we ended up finishing the FP without ever getting replacements to pop. Before you all go saying it's just because its' Taral V, remember they made it now so you have to fight the last boss

Hardmode.

Essentially the other DPS was fresh 50, low damage output. Tank was OK. Healer was OK. Got zerged by 2 groups of mobs with exploders and grapplers on one corner, and the tank decided to solo one group (the one that was NOT aggro'd to us 3) which caused a wipe.

He basically rage-quit and screwed the whole run up. Wohoo!

Yeah that will do it. Sounds like your tank wasn't willing to adapt to the group and just wanted to run through it without a care. It sucks that you couldn't finish, but at least you know not to play with that tank again if you have the option to ignore him.

I usually grade papers while waiting for a pop on my dps, its rare that my healer doesn't pop within 15 min or so. *shrug*

The only FP that has given me issues is Kaon - some people don't like it since its long, and I had two in a row the other night where a dps drops, and the tank uses that as an excuse to leave (2nd time), and the first time the tank told me he's leaving because "you need gear" - Full columi+ (couple BH pieces, couple rakata pieces, and have run Kaon wearing less... he must have thought we were in LI... O_o ) . The issue is more that, even if everyone else leaves and drops group... I'm now back at the BOTTOM of the queue, even though I wasn't the one who flaked out... That's my vent for the week there - had a good couple weeks of low-issue pugs on my dps to brick wall all of a sudden :(

I wish that I could put a toon in the queue, then go level an alt.

Then, when the group formed, the game would switch over to the other toon and I could run the flashpoint.

What else am I going to do while waiting for a pop? Dailies Run #5,324?

I do like to tank, but not super experienced at it. My wife loves to heal, but also not super experienced at it. We play those roles as it makes us good as a duo in heroic 4's and I must admit, expecially being new to MMO's, I was a littlle intimidated to try and lead a group, but did lead one in a HMFP for the first time and got more confident as i went. I wonder if others new to tanking are intimidated as well...

There is lots of pressure on the tank and healer to do well.

We were lucky to find a couple of guys in a PUG that are in a guild, the only pug in GF we did, after we completed it, they took us in... not because we are good, but because we are needed.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Practically no one queues for ops on group finder because they never pop. You create the raid in general.

The default setting for operations is to not join in progress groups, so yes, it's almost impossible to replace the rarer roles. They would have to manually check that option.

At least on red eclipse, the queue times are not too bad for me. You've probably gotten yourself on a bunch of ignore lists.

Like the boxes in WoW which the tanks recieve?

I think that's a stupid idea, even as I'm only playing tanks and heal

and in the situation we have now the tank can make the dps behave, if they don't the group can easily replace them within seconds/minutes :D

Absolute power in an FP group is when you are a healer and have a companion pet tank that can tank ANY FP boss. This ensures the tank stays in line when his, or her diva *** thinks they are irreplaceable

I can tell you it is annoying. Very annoying. I have two tanks and the rest are DPS. On Sundays, I queue for a FP on my Tank to get them out of the way. I queue for DPS after that and wind up waiting 20-30 minutes to get into a FP. That means that for that time I can run dailies, but no Heroics or WZ's cause I'll be taken out of queue.

The problem lies in the player base and not necessarily BW/EA. Everyone wants a DPS class because they are easier to play. Anytime I see a Shadow/Sin, PT/Vanguard, Guardian/Jugg playing a DPS role in a FP/Ops group I want to slam my head into my keyboard. If you can tank, why aren't you tanking??? But I understand it to an extent. DPS on a PT/Vanguard is awesome so why not go the DPS route?? But, the problem will always be, plenty of DPS waiting to queue, tanks only queuing every so often. Which begs the question?

Do people who roll these tank classes and realize they cannot tank for crap and just go DPS afterwards? Not sure, but I do agree there needs to be sometime of reward to tanks and healers who join FPs.

And why not?

Tanks and Healers are most commonly blamed if something goes wrong in a FP. Even if the derpy DPS are off aggroing different mobs while the Tank is doing his job they will blame the tank for not keeping aggro. Or blame the healer for poor heals. (Which I'm guilty of :rolleyes:)

Anyway..TL/DR Version: I'm all for rewards to Healers and Tanks for queuing for FP's. The job will not get done without these 2 important roles which are the least rolled roles at this time. If you don't agree, then go roll a Tank or a healer (preferably a tank :D) so this is no longer an issue.

Wait, so this isn't just a low pop server issue?

Great, now I have some proof to take back to Gav to stop people whining that it's because of low pop when it's just that people don't use the GF :rolleyes: