The Best PuG spec

Laserstrike

Some specs are very powerful *if* they have team support.

I PuG almost exclusively due to an erratic work schedule.

When you are in a Pug you are *always* at a disadvantage because the best-performing PuG teams only have 4 slots open for random players.

That's because the other 4 are a premade.

SO..for people like me who are usually going to end up on an underdog PuG team (made up of ALL randoms), and who can not count of team support....

What class is the most self sufficient?

Thanks for thoughtful replies from people who have played the class.

Edited by Laserstrike

I can't offer the most comprehensive answer, but I can give my own experience. Perhaps that'll help.

Stealth classes are practically designed for solo-hunting. Support? Pshah. Pop stealth, kill if you can, restealth if you can't. Sure, a fellow stealther can make those stealth kills a lot more reliable and easy, but it can be done solo, if done well.

As a healer hybrid Sorc, I've found myself quite adept at soloing in warzones, though with the 50s bracket, my success is probably ~50/50. (Never said I was good.) The healing, bubble, and quite impressive sustained DPS (both single and AoE target) makes for fun gameplay and a decent medal count, especially if you do as little healing as bubble and the instant self-heal.

Queuing solo is tough. Even if you aren't part of a group when running solo, run with 'em anyway. The Coordinated ones are the obvious targets to take, and who really cares about that non-coordinated sorc sitting in a corner, occasionally sending out lightning? Well, if you're smart, you're bubbling and healing as need arises, and CCing useful targets.

my vote is for sorc:

1. You can heal

2. You can bubble (best ability in the game)

3. You can dot people to stop them capping objectives

4. You can aoe

5. You can sprint

6. You can knockback

7. you can cc

tldr: survivability, damage, utility = win

Healers are also ALWAYS appreciated on any team and are extremely annoying to take out.

I personally only run PuGs and play Jedi Shadow as a hybrid tank/balance spec, seems to do decent. I rack up a little less damage than a good player on a DPS spec with better survivability and stealth.

The problem with PuGs is that you have to look at the composition you're dealt and adapt to it on the fly, whether you like it or not nearly everything is reliant on your team. 1v1s are extremely rare and really no class is "suited" to take on more than that alone, just pick a class that feels right to you and learn how to play it well.

I do play a Sage, which essentially is a Sorc. And it's not too bad.

But without a strong team to keep the enemy busy, a few focus on me, and you cannot really kite in a warzone when more than one is on you. I die as soon as my CCs and sprint are on cooldown.