PLLEEEAASSE fix underwlorld trading

The_Andyman

I'm on my 4th toon, been around since launch, and this has always been by far the most infuriating gathering skill in the game. For starters, the yield for fabrics and metals is waay too low. Even at 400, the yield for grade 4 metals and fabrics is moderate to abundant, at best. Second of all, 1 fabrics mission and 1 metals mission along with 5 freaking comp gift missions (and as often as not ALL comp gift missions) does absolutely jack for people who get the skill for anything other than comp gifts. It gets particularly irritating when you get to the point where your comp is gone for a half hour, and comes back with 3-4 blues, and they go right in the bank with the other 3 stacks I've acquired during the course of trying to get enough purples to craft a freaking armoring mod. A stack of 10 grade 4 purple metals is going for 150k on my server. So I can do that, or a one-time use gathering mission for 30k with which I may get 2-3 purples, if im lucky. Please give us underworld traders some love and fix this.

I think I know what you problem is. It is in fact two-fold:

#1 Failure to plan is planning to fail: you are not sufficiently ahead so when you "need" something you don't have it. If you ran more "grade 4 missions" BEFORE you need the materials you would be far more likely to have them when you want them.

#2 For some reason you are fixated on always having the best of the best equipment. Well - news flash - while leveling purples are not needed.

The system is working as intended. I get that you do not like it. I can tell you right now, things ain't gonna change. Either accept/get used to it, or make it the reason you quit.

Either way....QQ more :p

I'm on my 4th toon, been around since launch, and this has always been by far the most infuriating gathering skill in the game. For starters, the yield for fabrics and metals is waay too low. Even at 400, the yield for grade 4 metals and fabrics is moderate to abundant, at best. Second of all, 1 fabrics mission and 1 metals mission along with 5 freaking comp gift missions (and as often as not ALL comp gift missions) does absolutely jack for people who get the skill for anything other than comp gifts. It gets particularly irritating when you get to the point where your comp is gone for a half hour, and comes back with 3-4 blues, and they go right in the bank with the other 3 stacks I've acquired during the course of trying to get enough purples to craft a freaking armoring mod. A stack of 10 grade 4 purple metals is going for 150k on my server. So I can do that, or a one-time use gathering mission for 30k with which I may get 2-3 purples, if im lucky. Please give us underworld traders some love and fix this.

Psssstttt, hey kid, a trick for changing the missions you currently have, is to send a companion on a tier 1 2-3 minute mission. Cheap, quick, useful. But I agree that the return reward could be a little higher.

Psssstttt, hey kid, a trick for changing the missions you currently have, is to send a companion on a tier 1 2-3 minute mission. Cheap, quick, useful. But I agree that the return reward could be a little higher.

Even faster and cheaper : send them on the unwanted mission, change area (ex : takeoff with personal ship), new missions available, call crew back, send them to desired missions.

Cost : 0

Time : a loading screen.

Since anyone who actually cares what kind of mission they want to run eventually figures out the "loading screen trick" why is the random mission function still in the game?

To annoy the customers?

I don't feel a sense of accomplishment when the mission I want finally pops, I just feel angry at the game for making me waste time jumping through unnecessary hoops.

If they are trying to limit the access to elite crafting materials, aren't mission costs and return rates sufficient levers to control the flow?

Thanks for your time, I needed to vent.

Since anyone who actually cares what kind of mission they want to run eventually figures out the "loading screen trick" why is the random mission function still in the game?

To annoy the customers?

I don't feel a sense of accomplishment when the mission I want finally pops, I just feel angry at the game for making me waste time jumping through unnecessary hoops.

If they are trying to limit the access to elite crafting materials, aren't mission costs and return rates sufficient levers to control the flow?

You would probably be surprised how few actually do the "relog dance." Between three different skills, most subs find enough "good missions" to run without doing the relog dance. And F2P players who don't unlock more slots do not care enough to worry about which missions are best.

To annoy the customers?

I hear ya brother...!!!

Oh and don't listen to the Raw Material Speculators that will try to put you down or poo-poo your ideas, they just want to maintain their stranglehold on the Raw Materials Market.

Make 10 characters, or what ever # will not cause you to want to blow your brains out. Level them all to 10. Go to Fleet. Pick up Underworld Trade on them all. (having Treek works best, as you can send 2 out at this point). Log in each send the slaves...err..companions out. Take out smart phone (or tablet) turn on Netflix (or hulu, hbo go, what ever). Watch something to pass the time.

Enjoy your very own farming mules!

I think I know what you problem is. It is in fact two-fold:

#1 Failure to plan is planning to fail: you are not sufficiently ahead so when you "need" something you don't have it. If you ran more "grade 4 missions" BEFORE you need the materials you would be far more likely to have them when you want them.

#2 For some reason you are fixated on always having the best of the best equipment. Well - news flash - while leveling purples are not needed.

His complain has been mathematically proven, and done so since launch. Has nothing to do with planning or anything else beyond a very poorly, unbalanced system that, at the very least, requires exploitative measures to relieve the malfunction to the greatest extent possible.

The system is working as intended. I get that you do not like it. I can tell you right now, things ain't gonna change. Either accept/get used to it, or make it the reason you quit.

Do some research before you make such irrational statements as "working as intended". This was not at all the intent, or advertized function....and again, has been demonstrated conclusively to be well out of verse with other similar game functions.

Either way....QQ more :p

Considering that your counter contention is so flawed, this would be considered trolling, and not at all conducive to communication or resolution of the issue. Insulting the writer will not enhance a weak, unsupported argument.

Calling another "kid" is rather derogatory and presumptuous, especially when the preaching incorrect information.

That method does not greatly help with this particular issue, and could result in a great deal of lost time as the problem is with very skewed numbers that could leave the player repeating the same scenario with little change in results.

A more effective solution would be to take as many of the "filler" missions as one can in the desired level. By doing so the chances of the desired mission to pop greatly increase as five of the interuptive, useless missions will be taken out of the pool by virtue of the fact that they are in use. Walk off the ship (quickest method) as many times as it takes for the desired mission to pop. Take that mission and drop the rest.

using the above, one increases their chances of acquiring the correct mission and the "reset" is only a matter of seconds.

Make 10 characters, or what ever # will not cause you to want to blow your brains out. Level them all to 10. Go to Fleet. Pick up Underworld Trade on them all. (having Treek works best, as you can send 2 out at this point). Log in each send the slaves...err..companions out. Take out smart phone (or tablet) turn on Netflix (or hulu, hbo go, what ever). Watch something to pass the time.

Enjoy your very own farming mules!

Again, this particular "work around" may help, but the problem is with the requirement of such "work-around" and exploits for no other purpose except to aide the game in functioning properly, and among other more glaring issues, takes the player "out of the game" and relegates them to mending functionality and faulty programing.

This deep into the game this should not be an issue at all, corrected long ago.

Even faster and cheaper : send them on the unwanted mission, change area (ex : takeoff with personal ship), new missions available, call crew back, send them to desired missions.

Cost : 0

Time : a loading screen.

The best advice a gatherer can receive.

Calling another "kid" is rather derogatory and presumptuous, especially when the preaching incorrect information.

That method does not greatly help with this particular issue, and could result in a great deal of lost time as the problem is with very skewed numbers that could leave the player repeating the same scenario with little change in results.

A more effective solution would be to take as many of the "filler" missions as one can in the desired level. By doing so the chances of the desired mission to pop greatly increase as five of the interuptive, useless missions will be taken out of the pool by virtue of the fact that they are in use. Walk off the ship (quickest method) as many times as it takes for the desired mission to pop. Take that mission and drop the rest.

using the above, one increases their chances of acquiring the correct mission and the "reset" is only a matter of seconds.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? The method I provided is pretty cheap and only takes about 2-3 minutes max so excuse me for trying to be helpful. And getting offended for me calling someone else "kid"? It's not like I called them a child, it was a figure of speech. The information wasn't incorrect, just less effective so with that, good day.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? The method I provided is pretty cheap and only takes about 2-3 minutes max so excuse me for trying to be helpful. And getting offended for me calling someone else "kid"? It's not like I called them a child, it was a figure of speech. The information wasn't incorrect, just less effective so with that, good day.

It is derogatory slang no different then calling a grown woman, "little girl". Rather arrogant to engage in, especially when pontificating with incorrect information. Don't insult, you won't be reproved. ;p

It is derogatory slang no different then calling a grown woman, "little girl". Rather arrogant to engage in, especially when pontificating with incorrect information. Don't insult, you won't be reproved. ;p

Speaking of arrogant pontification...

its incredible i've been doing underground metals ALL day grade 4 neuronium only got 5 and i need 60 to craft and upgrade at this rate one of my toons will be inactive for atleast a month!!! fix this i dont expect 60 in a day but sure more than 5 a day :(

its incredible i've been doing underground metals ALL day grade 4 neuronium only got 5 and i need 60 to craft and upgrade at this rate one of my toons will be inactive for atleast a month!!! fix this i dont expect 60 in a day but sure more than 5 a day :(

My question to you is why do you feel it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to have purples while leveling?

My question to you is why do you feel it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to have purples while leveling?

Translation 1:

Why don't you just play the game the way that " I " do, it is so glaringly obvious that it is the right way.

Translation 2:

If they make it easier for someone to gather raw materials, that will mean that I have to change the way that " I " play the game. Since " I " play it right, your point is not valid.

It's obvious everyone needs purples while leveling. Because ... purple!

So buy your rare mats from me because ... um ... the price is so good! And the quality! Just look at that sheen!

The OP is trolling, I think. Because this is a pretty stupid whinge. Still, 5/10 for the stupid whinge because you got so many folks in a lather over it. Good luck leveling in purples! See you at 55 ... next year!

Translation 1:

Why don't you just play the game the way that " I " do, it is so glaringly obvious that it is the right way.

Translation 2:

If they make it easier for someone to gather raw materials, that will mean that I have to change the way that " I " play the game. Since " I " play it right, your point is not valid.

I will admit, I don't see the logic. It was an honest question: why delay playing a character you enjoy playing for a month just because it does not have the best mid-level purple items that will be replaced in two hours anyway? Especially when the blue quality stuff is more than adequate to overpower the content.

Edited by psandak

I will admit, I don't see the logic. It was an honest question: why delay playing a character you enjoy playing for a month just because it does not have the best mid-level purple items that will be replaced in two hours anyway? Especially when the blue quality stuff is more than adequate to overpower the content.

PvP?

Admittedly, you'll level up quickly and those purples will be outdated, but while they are current, bolster will give you a huge boost and allow you to dominate pvp matches.

PvP?

Admittedly, you'll level up quickly and those purples will be outdated, but while they are current, bolster will give you a huge boost and allow you to dominate pvp matches.

Twinking (min / maxing a leveling PVP character) is something I imagine very few do in SWTOR, and if that is what someone wants to do, then they should be prepared to put in significant effort to out gear their opponets.

If everything were changed the way the OP outlined, purples would be easier to obtain, more people would have them, and thus they would give you less of an advantage.

Twinking (min / maxing a leveling PVP character) is something I imagine very few do in SWTOR, and if that is what someone wants to do, then they should be prepared to put in significant effort to out gear their opponets.

If everything were changed the way the OP outlined, purples would be easier to obtain, more people would have them, and thus they would give you less of an advantage.

+1 on both counts :)