The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

Harbinger will be the server of choice for Midian. The points around population and an Aussie community made it the better choice for us.

A couple of guildies have indicated their preference to go to The Bastion, and they go with our blessing.

Here it is, it got all buried under the beetch and whine and spam.

It all boils down to what people value more, a bigger, consolidated apac community or a better rated pvp competitive experience. There is no need to call out people for choosing the higher apac pop, we have all suffered on MDN with crappy pop for so long. The lure of multiple fleet instances again is just too good to pass up.

Anyhow paid transfers SHOULD be here soon, people can change their minds later.

Edited by SupaHsuB

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much all of the original players you remember fighting like Pom, Fallenstrike, Patience, Kei, Kayriel, Marshmellow etc have all moved on. We did manage to recruit some exceptional talent from amongst the imperials on MDN but sadly even a lot of those have since departed. ATM Midian has probably half or a bit more of a ranked team.. but personally I'm not too keen to send all my characters to a server on the off-chance that we can pick up the extra players that we need there.. so I'm still favouring Harbinger- not too sure what Midian has decided as I have not been on much.

Play pubs!!

Interesting that you still regard Midian as the top guild from MDN, personally I haven't seen them in ranked for quite a while.

On another note there are apparently a few of the top midian pvpers considering Bastion for the obviously more competitive PVP.

Sorry for the ignorance but i was just under the impression and from what ive heard ever since ive parted ways with midian from our JJT days.. So the question is.... Whos better ?? Im sure midian is still midian regardless right? Sorry i just want to know.

Edited by jwalsham

Or midian due to its old pvpers gone had been dormant, stopped playing ranks... Does that mean they actually been defeated??

I played in probably 99% of Midian's ranked games, and my record is 162/4 (1 loss is a D/C, 1 I bugged out on the ground for a few mins but we probably would have lost anyway) But admittedly I think Core's current team is just as strong as our old A team. I believe Core and Midian went 2-2 for some games they played while I was away (which was the last ranked games between the 2 teams roughly 2 months ago?)

Either way, 2 very strong teams with Core being at their peak now. I wish Core luck on The Bastion and think they'll do extremely well. I also think their lineup is well suited for the 2.0 changes, where a jugg MT should well and truly surpass a hybrid sin MT.

Edited by ausmisc

I played in probably 99% of Midian's ranked games, and my record is 162/4 (1 loss is a D/C, 1 I bugged out on the ground for a few mins but we probably would have lost anyway) But admittedly I think Core's current team is just as strong as our old A team. I believe Core and Midian went 2-2 for some games they played while I was away (which was the last ranked games between the 2 teams roughly 2 months ago?)

Either way, 2 very strong teams with Core being at their peak now. I wish Core luck on The Bastion and think they'll do extremely well. I also think their lineup is well suited for the 2.0 changes, where a jugg MT should well and truly surpass a hybrid sin MT.

Unlucky we didnt have ranked games back in JJT., btw old triple zero peeps will be in harb as well, would try to et a merge if they would be keen.

As to core, wish you guys the best and sadly i and my team would never experience playing against you guys.

It all boils down to what people value more, a bigger, consolidated apac community or a better rated pvp competitive experience. There is no need to call out people for choosing the higher apac pop, we have all suffered on MDN with crappy pop for so long. The lure of multiple fleet instances again is just too good to pass up.

Best solution in my opinion: send your alts to Harbringer but send your best PVP toon to Bastion :) That way you can get the best of both worlds.

Just as an aside, and I know everyone's made up their minds on servers so not trying to convince anyone to change your mind, just wanted to share, just last night on Bastion, doing regular WZs, we came across some great premades from <Hey I'm MVP>, <Strictly Business>, <Nothing Personal>, <Synergy>, etc., which made normal WZs feel like rated WZs in terms of competitivenss. It is not unusual to come across double-premades (either a full 8-man who qued together or 2 4-mans from 2 solid teams). So if you're planning on coming to Bastion, bring your A-game, even for normal WZs!

To be fair, you do run into the occasional WZ full of PVE-geared players, which was really bad after these double XP weekends. F2P players don't get recruit gear :(

Edited by iheartnyc

If this helps anyone with their decision on servers, Bastion is still having RWZ pops right now at 11pm AEDT.

Been 3-6 teams all night. To be our primetime and have RWZ pops like this before APAC transfers is promising IMO.

Edited by wikd

I never played on MDN nor am I a member of the APAC community, but I play exclusively in your guys primetime on the Bastion and can definitely vouch for the fact that there is plenty of PvP action around that time - I'm not just talking about queues always popping, I also mean that the competition is good - it isn't often you run into a game where you roflstomp the other team and lately, most regular warzones are pretty close. I highly recommend any serious PvPer to transfer to the Bastion; it WILL be the scene for PvP and you'll thank yourself later for playing on the best PvP server.

If this helps anyone with their decision on servers, Bastion is still having RWZ pops right now at 11pm AEDT.

Been 3-6 teams all night. To be our primetime and have RWZ pops like this before APAC transfers is promising IMO.

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/385933594

"Justbaddies" <Hey I'm MVP> stream.

One of the ranked matches we participated in last night, at the 6 hour 44 minute mark (this guy streams all his ranked matches and did 7 hours of ranked yesterday). Hypergate. This particular match took place at 11:00pm Oceanic time (meaning he had been streaming ranked games from roughly 4:00pm - 11:00pm Oceanic time) for those of you interested in time zone.

A mixed group of <The Elite> and <Synergy> against a mixed group of <Hey I'm MVP> and <Strictly Business>.

Edited by iheartnyc

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/b/385933594

"Justbaddies" <Hey I'm MVP> stream.

One of the ranked matches we participated in last night, at the 6 hour 44 minute mark (this guy streams all his ranked matches and did 7 hours of ranked yesterday). Hypergate. This particular match took place at 11:00pm Oceanic time (meaning he had been streaming ranked games from roughly 4:00pm - 11:00pm Oceanic time) for those of you interested in time zone.

A mixed group of <The Elite> and <Synergy> against a mixed group of <Hey I'm MVP> and <Strictly Business>.

This is good. I will probably dropping 1 or 2 toons who I only pvp with on the bastion. Hopefully we can add some more competitive teams to the bastions ranked scene.

Hey guys,

I've got toons on Harbinger and Bastion, but I've been playing on Harbs.

Pre-50 warzones are like anywhere else, idiots leveling etc. 50 pug warzones are no different to Master Dar'Nala in terms of players/teams etc. All the idiots stop playing WZ's because they are **** and dont like to lose (also there's no point, they are only doing it to level) and all the better players come out.

Haven't had a chance to play Ranked on Harbs yet, but I imagine in US Primetime it would be quite competitive, and when APAC comes to the party, it would raise the bar even further.

:)

so wheres everyone going or already have gone to?

Bastion. Ranked warzones happen round the clock until Midnight Aedt time. Looking forward to seeing the competitive pvpers from MDN and Dalborra joining us here.

Bastion. Ranked warzones happen round the clock until Midnight Aedt time. Looking forward to seeing the competitive pvpers from MDN and Dalborra joining us here.

looks like just your guild going for the ranked pvp and some people are puting 1 alt over there,

Because i already have toons on bastion rolled them with chief, tinkle, and a couple others but they stopped playing and went back to their mains on MDN awhile ago, then i started a toon on harbinger mainly to check out the pop and it was banging + the BOSS guys were already there bunch of great guys too

and to be fair if your just playing swtor "ONLY" for the *competitive pvp* aspect your playing the wrong game mate lol hell swtor doesnt even have ranking ladders yet

RBGs : Ranked WZs (same thing pretty much and no one takes rbg pvp seriously)

Arena pvp is what this game needs

Edited by RADD

l

and to be fair if your just playing swtor "ONLY" for the *competitive pvp* aspect your playing the wrong game mate lol hell swtor doesnt even have ranking ladders yet

RBGs : Ranked WZs (same thing pretty much and no one takes rbg pvp seriously)

Arena pvp is what this game needs

This is like saying, "why do you bother playing [rugbycricket//golf] when it's not even in the Olympics? You should play football or basketball instead if you're itnerested in competitive team sports".

Most of the "serious" PVPers on MDN were clamoring for a chance to play against America's best players since 1.2. When cross-server never came, many of those players left the game. Now that we are finally being presented with that opportunity, well you know where to find us :)

Edited by iheartnyc