Question about SWTOR

DragonAgeOrgins

In the movie, Star Wars Revenge of the Sith, Obi-one said Anakin skywalkeras supposed to bring "balance" to the force. However in the movie where Luke Skywalker is saved by his Father at the end of last movie. Darth Vadar pretty much killed the emperor and died.

1.Question One- I thought Balance to the force meant that the Jedi were supposed to defend but not dominate. They need both good and evil, hence the balance. I assumed The Emperor and Darth Vadar were the only Sith's alive. How is killing both of them balance? isn't it more of wiping out the Sith?

2. Question 2.-In revenge of the Sith. At the plot where anakin skywalker was forced to choose to become Sith or Stay with the Jedi. The Jedi Master was close to killing the Sith Lord. Why would he kill a helpless prisoner. I thought that was against the Jedi codes?

3. Were their any Sith left after the series of all six movies ended. Their were thousands of Jedi in Attack of the Clones. They say a handful of Jedi escaped in "Revenge of the Sith" the only Sith I saw at the end of the series were the Emperor who died and Darth Vadar who also died. Wouldn't there be at least one more Sith somewhere who escaped?

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

Sure, I will take a crack at it.

Question 1:

Balance to the force does not mean equal light and dark. It means returning the force to its natural state. Lucas has said the Sith's practice of the Dark Side was like a cancer.

Question 2:

It was planned to have Mace Windu on Coruscant for the reveal. Sidious new that Mace would seek to end the threat no matter the cost. That is why he had been hinting to Anakin that the Sith could keep Amidala alive. Put in a place of choosing the order and the woman he loved, Anakin chose the latter.

Question 3:

Sidious and Vader were the end of the Rule of Two Sith. There were at least two more factions of Sith our there (EU of course). The Lost Tribe of Sith on the planet of Kesh, and the One Sith who had been in hiding on Korriban. Both of which had drastically different views on how the Sith needed to be ran.

Answers:

1: Jedi don't like evil. They're entirely 'ANY EMOTION IS A BAD THING. >:(' Not to mention that there were... Two Sith compared to hundreds of thousands of Jedi. Not really... Balance. More... An army of people trying to be worse than droids against two guys that are like 'Wooo! Evil!'

Vader brought balance to the force by leaving Luke as the only Jedi left. A Jedi with knowledge enough to let future Jedi have emotions rather than detach themselves from the rest of the galaxy and try to be droids. All the stupidity of 'Jedi cannot love, because love can bring the dark side' was removed... A true Jedi knows how to control their emotions instead of cutting out their humanity/sanity/whatever.

2: The Sith that had been playing the ENTIRE GALAXY and twisting everything for a good part of the past few decades, certainly the past three years for the clone wars.

This is like asking 'Hey, do we keep this guy who's responsible for the death of UNTOLD BILLIONS alive? He'll probably try to kill us or escape if we blink...'

It's not like the Jedi have had a good field record with keeping prisoners alive. Like... Oh. Jango Fett, Count Dooku, General Grevious, Sev'Rance Tann, Cydon Prax, Durge... And more.

3: Technically not. Darth Bane (Which was... Uh, about a thousand years before episode 4 if I recall correctly) basically went 'You know what? Sith REALLY hate each other and do stupid things... Like backstabbing one another. We should hide. So, there'll only be master and apprentice. Only two in the entire galaxy. That'll make us hard to find.'

BUT. The emperor and Vader still trained and made use of dark force users. People such as Jerec and his crew of 'sith' or Lumiya and her eventual turning of Jacen Solo into Darth Caedus... Not to mention the rebirth of several ancient Sith (Such as Freedon Nad)

Still. They were arguably not 'True Sith'. Indeed, it's entirely logical to argue that Vader was not a Sith... The emperor never taught him Sith Alchemy/magic or the dark ways of the force, instead opting to let Vader just limp around and use his pain/anger to fuel himself.

EDIT: Well. Okay. Darth Krayt still existed later on due to the magic of stasis. He'd be the last 'True sith' before training his followers. Mainly thanks to Krayt's study of holocrons left by the actual Sith (Such as Darth Nhilus). Still. That's 120-something years after episode 4. Quite a long time.

Edited by Slift

The Prophesy spoken of is actually revealed in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Series, Season 3, Episodes 15-17. And explanation can be found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Father_(Mortis)

In a nutshell Anakin was to replace Mortis and keep/restore balance in the Force.

But when faced with the choice of remaining as Guardian of the Force

or continue to fight in the Clone Wars, Anakin chose to selfishly continue the war.

Thus bringing about the future we all know from Eps 4-6.

Hope that helped :)

~ Izzy

1.Question One- I thought Balance to the force meant that the Jedi were supposed to defend but not dominate. They need both good and evil, hence the balance. I assumed The Emperor and Darth Vadar were the only Sith's alive. How is killing both of them balance? isn't it more of wiping out the Sith?

Think of the Jedi as the white blood cells in your body. How much do feel them every day? Are you even aware of what they're doing? Nope, same with the Jedi. They do not "dominate" anything, pre or post Clone Wars. Like the white blood cells, the Jedi only spring into action when something Is threatening the "balance". The Sith are a virus to the galaxy, and It's the Jedi's duty to wipe them out because their end game Is total domination.

This is why It's stated frequently in the films that the Jedi could only protect people like Amidala, but they can't fight a war for them.

2. Question 2.-In revenge of the Sith. At the plot where anakin skywalker was forced to choose to become Sith or Stay with the Jedi. The Jedi Master was close to killing the Sith Lord. Why would he kill a helpless prisoner. I thought that was against the Jedi codes?

Because for 1,000 years the Sith had waited, and plotted to destroy the Jedi, and the Republic. And now they were closer than ever to do just that. At that moment Windu realized this, and he knew that the only way to save the Galaxy was to defy the code. Sidious was literally too dangerous to be left alive.

On a side note, Sidious was no where near helpless.

3. Were their any Sith left after the series of all six movies ended. Their were thousands of Jedi in Attack of the Clones. They say a handful of Jedi escaped in "Revenge of the Sith" the only Sith I saw at the end of the series were the Emperor who died and Darth Vadar who also died. Wouldn't there be at least one more Sith somewhere who escaped?

In the movie canon no. When Vader killed the Emperor, and redeemed himself he fulfilled the Prophecy, and destroyed the last of the Sith. If there were any remaining Sith It would completely negate the entire plot of the Star Wars saga that culminated with Anakin redeeming himself, and destroying the Sith once and for all.

For the 1,000 years up to Episode 1 the Sith had followed "The Rule of Two" meaning there would ever only be 2 Sith in the Galaxy. A master, and an apprentice.

On the Jedi trying kill Sith Lord topic

I understand what most of you are saying "Kill for the greater good" when that Jedi was about to kill the Sith Lord. I understand the rational reason's behind it but does that mean in a time of war(which is always with the Jedi) they don't have to follow the codes? only when it suit's them? that seems a bit hypocritical to me. The codes are in place and I just can wrap my head around throwing them out "If it really counts" It looks more like something a Sith would do.

Jedi see the Sith as a virus, wouldn't it be fair to say that the Jedi are the one's trying to wipe out the Sith, just like the Sith are trying to do with the Jedi. What's the difference, they both weild light saber's, both use the force. It seems to me the Sith are not bound by chains like the Jedi are.

To be a Jedi, have everyone else run your life for you. Telling you that you cannot love or have see your family member's. It almost seems like they are a prionsar rather then free.

On the Jedi trying kill Sith Lord topic

I understand what most of you are saying "Kill for the greater good" when that Jedi was about to kill the Sith Lord. I understand the rational reason's behind it but does that mean in a time of war(which is always with the Jedi) they don't have to follow the codes? only when it suit's them?

I think you're exaggerating. Of course they have to follow the code, Sidious was simply an extreme case, and he needed to die then, and there. I think we can all agree that If Windu had succeeded in killing him It would have been pretty Dark Side of him, and I doubt he'd recover from such an experience right away.

Jedi see the Sith as a virus, wouldn't it be fair to say that the Jedi are the one's trying to wipe out the Sith, just like the Sith are trying to do with the Jedi.

It wouldn't just be fair to say, It's the truth.

What's the difference, they both weild light saber's, both use the force. It seems to me the Sith are not bound by chains like the Jedi are.

The difference Is their reasons for doing what they do. The Jedi want to destroy the Sith because the Sith desire power above all else. They want to enslave the Galaxy, they want death and destruction. The Jedi want peace, and balance.

To be a Jedi, have everyone else run your life for you. Telling you that you cannot love or have see your family member's. It almost seems like they are a prionsar rather then free.

From my understanding Jedi can leave the order freely. They choose not to because they know how important their work Is.

Anakin Skywalker is the prime example of why Jedi aren't allowed to have relationships. It clouds their judgement, It makes them selfish. It's dangerous.

I think you're exaggerating. Of course they have to follow the code, Sidious was simply an extreme case, and he needed to die then, and there. I think we can all agree that If Windu had succeeded in killing him It would have been pretty Dark Side of him, and I doubt he'd recover from such an experience right away.

It wouldn't just be fair to say, It's the truth.

The difference Is their reasons for doing what they do. The Jedi want to destroy the Sith because the Sith desire power above all else. They want to enslave the Galaxy, they want death and destruction. The Jedi want peace, and balance.

From my understanding Jedi can leave the order freely. They choose not to because they know how important their work Is.

Anakin Skywalker is the prime example of why Jedi aren't allowed to have relationships. It clouds their judgement, It makes them selfish. It's dangerous.

On the Sith Lord topic, just once more. Leading up to it, Anakin found out he was really the Sith Lord. He turned his light saber on him, he could have killed him but instead he turned him over to the other Jedi. Now you can argue he didn't kill him because he said he could save the love of his life. He still turned him in.

No one could have imagined the troopers were going to turn on the Jedi or everything that had passed. Before he tried to kill the Sith Lord. Anakin was saying "No, It's not the Jedi way" right before he defended him at the last moment.

I just feel the only reason he did what he did, in his mind he believed the Jedi had turned against him and even at the end of Revenge of the Sith he said something to effect "I believe Jedi are evil" and he replied "Then you are lost" you have to admit, it was pretty dark side to kill a man while he was down regardless of how evil he was.

Doing that is path to Dark Side...isn't it?

On the Sith Lord topic, just once more. Leading up to it, Anakin found out he was really the Sith Lord. He turned his light saber on him, he could have killed him but instead he turned him over to the other Jedi. Now you can argue he didn't kill him because he said he could save the love of his life. He still turned him in.

No one could have imagined the troopers were going to turn on the Jedi or everything that had passed. Before he tried to kill the Sith Lord. Anakin was saying "No, It's not the Jedi way" right before he defended him at the last moment.

I just feel the only reason he did what he did, in his mind he believed the Jedi had turned against him and even at the end of Revenge of the Sith he said something to effect "I believe Jedi are evil" and he replied "Then you are lost" you have to admit, it was pretty dark side to kill a man while he was down regardless of how evil he was.

Doing that is path to Dark Side...isn't it?

Yes, it would have been a Dark Side decision (in game mechanics), Mace Windu would have broken the rules and act against the Jedi way. He thought that Plapatine was to dangerous, to keep him alive as he should as a Jedi.

If he would have done it, I think he would have been removed from the council.

A similar RL situation would be:

A terrorist has placed a bomb which could kill hundreds. It will blow up after a certain time and only he knows where it is. It is against law and human rights to torture him to find out. But there are at least some policemen who wound do it.

But that's much different. The Jedi are taught the code at an early age. From the movie, since they are kids about the codes. The person who was about to strike him down was a Jedi Master. I assumed he would have known better. The Jedi pride themselves on their code, the same way the Sith act on their code. A Sith doing a light sided thing is as equal to a Jedi doing a dark side thing.

Try to imagine The Emperor sparing Luke Skywalker if he didn't want to turn the dark side. It is unheard of. Had he killed the Sith Lord. What would have followed that? his emotion's got the better of him and he would have stumbled from path of the light.

But that's much different. The Jedi are taught the code at an early age. From the movie, since they are kids about the codes. The person who was about to strike him down was a Jedi Master. I assumed he would have known better. The Jedi pride themselves on their code, the same way the Sith act on their code. A Sith doing a light sided thing is as equal to a Jedi doing a dark side thing.

And both happens from time to time. Sometimes Vader spared Admirals who have failed, sometimes Jedi killed prisoners. Jedi are in fact not like droids, if they want to, they can act against their teachings.

And I think both, Jedi Code and Sith Code, have to be interpreted. At least what we know as Code. There is no line in the Code like "You shall not kill prisoners!", but the Jedi order developed it from the Code somehow.

Try to imagine The Emperor sparing Luke Skywalker if he didn't want to turn the dark side. It is unheard of. Had he killed the Sith Lord. What would have followed that? his emotion's got the better of him and he would have stumbled from path of the light.

Yes, he would have stumbled from the path of light. He knew this and still would do it to stop Palpatine. With the help of other masters he wouldn't fall to the dark side completely, he could return to the path of the light. (Thats what I think about it, it is not explained in the movies that way.)

Sometimes humans (and aliens) just act against their morals for a noble goal.

I'm loving how I said this entire topic was answered on Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Series in season 3. And yet the train keeps going on and on and on in the wrong

direction lol And for those that choose to follow the books instead of what GL actually

gives you on screen... read the novel for Episode 3. Mace Windu was teetering on

the dark side even as a Jedi Councilor. His hatred of the Sith and deep passion for

the Jedi Order... I mean, it's Samuel L Jackson ******! Need I say more about

Mace Windu? LMAO

Anyhoo...

The Prophesy and the Chosen One have been explained already. Go check it out.

Its a really wonderful 3 part arc.

~ Izzy :)