Explanations for "Stormtrooper Aim" [Either serious or not]

Guildrum

So, how do you rationalize the notorious Stormtrooper Aim? How through 3 movies, a massive army of Stormtroopers can in total, once injure a main character, on the shoulder. This could be a serious one or not, but here's mine:

The Stormtrooper's primary stat is Aim, but Darth Vader keeps giving them strength gear.

They also hit R2. But here it goes, being serious.

Stormtroopers are inaccurate in the movies because they were under orders.

1. In ANH they are let go so that the Empire can find the rebel base on Yavin IV

2. In ESB they are let go so that the Executor can capture the Falcon, thus capturing the recently rescued Luke Skywalker.

Now on endor they have no special orders, which is why we see Leia get injured and R2 get hit. But thats just my view.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I say the clone project was a failure in the long term. They live up to expectations but reach a certain age where something just goes retarded in their biology and they become somewhat stupid and sucky.

That's also the same reason why Jango Fett was a super awesome jedi killer and Boba Fett was just an inobservant snitch that got knocked into a sarlaac pit 3 stooges style.

I say the clone project was a failure in the long term. They live up to expectations but reach a certain age where something just goes retarded in their biology and they become somewhat stupid and sucky.

That's also the same reason why Jango Fett was a super awesome jedi killer and Boba Fett was just an inobservant snitch that got knocked into a sarlaac pit 3 stooges style.

By the OT majority of stormtroopers were just regular humans, very little clones(even if there were different clones, they were not from the same template) and the only true clone legion throughout all the movies is the 501st. So it can't be because of biology.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

By the OT majority of stormtroopers were just regular humans, very little clones(even if there were different clones, they were not from the same template) and the only true clone legion throughout all the movies is the 501st. So it can't be because of biology.

Not saying you're wrong, but where is this stated?

And if that's the case then maybe the Empire didn't have very strict criteria for someone to enlist as a storm trooper.

"I see you don't mind getting shot at, I think your just the type of man we need!"

and I quote, "fought his way out of the sarlacc pit, and spent the next 10 years recovering from the injuries" he didn't die, it's canon.

Not saying you're wrong, but where is this stated?

And if that's the case then maybe the Empire didn't have very strict criteria for someone to enlist as a storm trooper.

"I see you don't mind getting shot at, I think your just the type of man we need!"

"By the time the Galactic Civil War began in earnest, Jango Fett's clones were heavily supplanted by clones based on a variety of templates around 9 BBY, followed shortly after by enlisted Humans. Thus, the Fett clones were ironically reduced to a minority status after years of virtually filling the stormtrooper ranks in its entirety. "

and no the Empire did have very strict criteria in order to become a stormtrooper you had to be a certain height and weight, this is why they are all the same height and such. The movies don't really do stormtroopers justice except for the 1st scene aboard the Tantive IV, you really need to read the lore behind them and see they are really elite.

and I quote, "fought his way out of the sarlacc pit, and spent the next 10 years recovering from the injuries" he didn't die, it's canon.

I didn't say he died, but only reason why he survived was his armor.

All I implied really is that Boba's death was ridiculous

Because Jango Fett was a bounty Hunter skilled in the use of a blaster pistol. Stormtroopers are given blaster rifles so they can't perform well. Even if all those guys have Aim as a main stat the difference of the weapon weighs a lot.

I didn't say he died, but only reason why he survived was his armor.

All I implied really is that Boba's death was ridiculous

the only reason he survived was his popularity with Star Wars fans/Authors. Boba is like my 2 or 3 favorite character, but even I think his survival was a little odd. I like how his friendships with all these random bounty hunters came out of nowhere.

like when Boba was a kid Aurra Sing took care of him? Does anyone else think it's weird that she would be training her future competition?

the only reason he survived was his popularity with Star Wars fans/Authors. Boba is like my 2 or 3 favorite character, but even I think his survival was a little odd. I like how his friendships with all these random bounty hunters came out of nowhere.

like when Boba was a kid Aurra Sing took care of him? Does anyone else think it's weird that she would be training her future competition?

It doesn't even make sense that he survived, looking at a sarlacc's body and what they do he shouldn't have gotten out anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They also hit R2. But here it goes, being serious.

Stormtroopers are inaccurate in the movies because they were under orders.

1. In ANH they are let go so that the Empire can find the rebel base on Yavin IV

2. In ESB they are let go so that the Executor can capture the Falcon, thus capturing the recently rescued Luke Skywalker.

Now on endor they have no special orders, which is why we see Leia get injured and R2 get hit. But thats just my view.

didn't we have this discusion before?

1. that only applies AFTER they escaped into the garbage shoot.

2. That's pushing it as you assume they would find luke and rescue him. Of course they are missing at Leia and Chewbaca while Luke is fighting Vader

On Endor Leia, R2 and the rest are standing in front of a wall with 0 cover. The Stormtroopers have good cover and are directly in front of them and can't hit them.

Also at the Beginning of ANH C3PO and R2D2 slowly walk across the hallway whiile 4 or 5 stormtroopers MISS.

yeah stormtroopers can't hit anything.

oh god not this again.

Ok to quick catch you up Boba Fett died.

George Lucas said he died, The movie shows him falling into the pit, The Script says he died and the book says he died.

Tales from the Bounty Hunter has the short story that says he crawled out. It came out before the Current version of the Canon system which says anything that contradicts G-Canon is not canon. So that contradicts G-Canon therefore it is not canon.

2. That's pushing it as you assume they would find luke and rescue him. Of course they are missing at Leia and Chewbaca while Luke is fighting Vader

On Endor Leia, R2 and the rest are standing in front of a wall with 0 cover. The Stormtroopers have good cover and are directly in front of them and can't hit them.

Also at the Beginning of ANH C3PO and R2D2 slowly walk across the hallway whiile 4 or 5 stormtroopers MISS.

No we didn't

1. Ya still though they did have orders.

2. Its not assuming, Vader isn't aloud to see into the future now? Besides he did say "did your technicians disable the hyperdrive?" meaning he more then likely planned ahead incase Luke didn't come with him and turn over to the darkside.

3. Ya Leia and R2 get hit.

I can give you the new hope one, but the others seem sound.

No we didn't

1. Ya still though they did have orders.

2. Its not assuming, Vader isn't aloud to see into the future now? Besides he did say "did your technicians disable the hyperdrive?" meaning he more then likely planned ahead incase Luke didn't come with him and turn over to the darkside.

3. Ya Leia and R2 get hit.

I can give you the new hope one, but the others seem sound.

1. yeah but not until after this scene

2. Nothing in the movies indicate that he can see in the future. In the Prequels he only gets a very vauge vission of padme. But I could have sworn that was the Emperor doing that.

3. yeah but if you watch the scene the Storm Troopers have some pretty awful misses.

Edited by jarjarloves

1. yeah but not until after this scene

2. Nothing in the movies indicate that he can see in the future. In the Prequels he only gets a very vauge vission of padme. But I could have sworn that was the Emperor doing that.

3. yeah but if you watch the scene the Storm Troopers have some pretty awful misses.

Palpatine could see into the future, but doesn't indicate that he does so does that mean he can't?

Well those guys were pretty old, they probably were pushing into their early/late 60's by ROTJ maybe even older(if that was the 501st on endor.)

I think that they missed C3PO and R2D2 purposely because they are a protocol droid and an Astromech droid. No threat at all.. Sure shooting C3PO would of done us all a favor but yeah..they must of been aiming for the guys shooting down the halls haha. How they both made it across still puzzles me..dodging lasers like that from both ends of the corridor..

I think that they missed C3PO and R2D2 purposely because they are a protocol droid and an Astromech droid. No threat at all.. Sure shooting C3PO would of done us all a favor but yeah..they must of been aiming for the guys shooting down the halls haha. How they both made it across still puzzles me..dodging lasers like that from both ends of the corridor..

no threat but they are obsticles. I can see the rebels missing on purpose but the Storm Troopers are there to kill. So quick take out the obsticles and keep fighting otherwise you are giving the enemy cover and a chance to kill you

"By the time the Galactic Civil War began in earnest, Jango Fett's clones were heavily supplanted by clones based on a variety of templates around 9 BBY, followed shortly after by enlisted Humans. Thus, the Fett clones were ironically reduced to a minority status after years of virtually filling the stormtrooper ranks in its entirety. "

and no the Empire did have very strict criteria in order to become a stormtrooper you had to be a certain height and weight, this is why they are all the same height and such. The movies don't really do stormtroopers justice except for the 1st scene aboard the Tantive IV, you really need to read the lore behind them and see they are really elite.

Well said. It's quite funny a lot of Star Wars fan's still think Stormtroopers are all clones, when their not. Wookiepedia does a brilliant job of explaining Stormtroopers history.

Edited by Gees

Stormtroopers are failed Clones, they are not original clones of Jango Fett (only legion 501 is original clones and they pwn). Also there are many regular humans in the stormtrooper corps.

Clonetroopers =/= Stormtroopers