Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

SithKoriandr

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's talking about recipes you have already learned (aka are in your crafting list) simply vanishing without rhyme or reason. Has it happen to me 20m ago. 8+ blue recipes simply disappeared. (Not items, the actual option to craft them on the list.)

Researching again unlocked them "again", they they were in-fact "unlearned" somehow. Seems the devs seriously broke something big in the patch regarding recipes..

Is that suppossed to happen? I unlock recipes, or whatever you call them (3 blues and 1 purple), and they disappear on me, not giving me the option to craft them.

Is that how it's suppossed to be?

Yes I had this happen to me today. I reverse engineered some blasters resulting in three (3) different prototype recipes. I sent my comps on some missions and got mats to make one of these prototype blasters and successfully created one.

I logged out. Did some RL errands and had supper.

I logged back in and all three (3) prototype recipes I had learned earlier in the day where *gone*

I still have the prototype blaster I created however, sitting in my inventory. The info on the item says it was made by me. Since I cannot have created it without the recipe it (imo) is proof enough that something erroneous occured since I could not have created it otherwise.

I submitted a ticket regarding this problem.

I will update this thread if/when I get a response.

... UPDATE !!

... As promised here is the response I received 3 days later (A PFO form letter) ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ticket Number 6854061 : Closed

SWTOR CSR: Thank you for submitting a Bug Report! Bug reports will not receive a response as they are automatically forwarded to Quality Assurance.

IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL HELP beyond your initial bug report, please submit a new Help Ticket under another category to reach a Customer Service Agent. Otherwise, you will not be contacted further regarding this issue.

Thank you for the report and for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

... or in other words "Fine, you told us it's broken. We've added your input to a mountain of other issues we don't care about. Now please shut up and go away. Thank you."

Edited by Silvafox

Thanks, seeing as I only paid for $20 in credits I guess I'm not good enough to submit tickets to EA. I bet a stop on the payment would get me an actual person to assist in support.

Anyway, let me know what you hear back *If you ever hear back.* As I've pretty much stopped playing till this is resolved. It's ruined my experience.

I somehow managed to get 4 crew skills earlier, and they all worked. If only my character would remember things now.

Edited by Blackomens

It happened to me as well. Two times, three different blue and one purple schematic that were already learned and used to make a piece of gear have gone missing from my craft window.

It is on a character that had three different skills before but I changed him into synthweaver. Now I can only gather.

I already sent a ticket but no response so far.

It happened to me as well. Two times, three different blue and one purple schematic that were already learned and used to make a piece of gear have gone missing from my craft window.

It is on a character that had three different skills before but I changed him into synthweaver. Now I can only gather.

I already sent a ticket but no response so far.

That may be the source of the bug. The first crafting skill I had worked flawlessly. When I changed it to a useful crafting skill, that's when everything broke.

Come one devs!

This is the time to put 110% of your efforts into the game. Just a few weeks of bugs and poor communication on your side will be enough to discourage many F2P players. And imagine how many of them are trying different crew skills and changing them to later find out it's bugged. Or they don't know it's a bug and get the impression that this game is poorly made.

Please, make an effort. Give us something ... this really is game braking if I have to stop using 2 of my lvl 40s which have new crew skills to learn and can't learn them die to this bug. They are both almost useless to me now.

Omg thank god I stumbled upon this thread! This happened to me a couple of days ago and I asked in general chat on the fleet and people thought I was turning crazy :-( I just started a healing commando and picked up Armortech so I could make my own armour and then produce armour for my future Imperial Agent. Made some swanky boots (win) and equipped them. Carried on crafting, logged out for the night, next morning i picked up where I left off and had none of my blue schematics, easily must of had about five....

I reversed engineered another item and got the blue version of it, but the recipe never showed up in my crafting list either. I haven't come across a fix, but I know I have made a blue version as I'm wearing the boots at the moment ;-)

UPDATE:

Just looked again and I originally bought the Fortified Boot and Heavy Military Boot recipes when I picked up the crew skill and now the Fortified Boot recipe no longer appears in my crafting window and shows up in the trainers window, but I know 100% I bought it originally.

UPDATE:

So I was going through my Armortech again and it happened to me. I haven't logged off this time, have just been doing PVP whilst crafting and now all the blue schematics I gained by reverse engineering have disseapred >.< This is seriously putting me off crafting until the situation is resolved. I'm just waiting credits and time when what I have acquired no longer appears there, so I am basically just running around in circles. Hope Bioware seriously fix this quickly as it is a game breaker for those of us who spend time crafting.

UPDATE:

I've just submitted a ticket about this issue after losing about 3 hours worth of crafting :-(

Edited by KezJona

I tried every possible way to find a work around no matter how temporary, but no luck after 5+ hours. This f*ckup is entirely in the hands of the people that created it. Guess with their current rate of fixing things it'll be at least a week till the game is playable at best.

I've tried re-learning three times. Different combinations of re-learn and log off didn't work (it was a very small chance to begin with :)) and now I am forced to only gather on two of my characters.

Come on devs ... make a bark.

You don't have to work on HK-51 bugs only. That is not a major part of this game. Crafting is.

Hello,

I also want to I had this happen to me. I reverse engineered an armoring piece and then made a couple of the prototype items, logged to a different toon and when I came back I not longer had the prototype of that armoring piece available to craft. I did submit a bug report about two days ago and I have heard nothing at this time. I did reverse engineer the schematic again so I can again make the piece but it is aggravating when this happens and it does cost you materials do do it over.

Cheers,

Zinar

My internet cut out while playing a new toon with just gathering skills, when I logged back in the first time it was as if I was f2p asking me to remove 2 skills or buy them with coins. Relogged again and although that issue went away, certain parts of my characters profile seemed to revert to a previous point, I lost any titles I'd gained, the pets you get when rolling a new toon and a speeder, some abilities I'd assigned to quickbar 2 were no longer there.

Wondering if this is the same or related issue.

Still no official response here and no official response to my ticket. I wonder if making 50 tickets about this would make this issue resolve faster, but on the other hand I am afraid that would only make it worse.

I see there is an update 1.6 coming soon and it makes me wonder how many people are working on bugs in this game. Not many by the looks of it.