Is it just me or is commando healing useless in pvp

Yomaa

No sure how any of the other healing classes are but WOW pvp as commando healing is bad:

#1) Medals - I know everyone has already complained about this already with no answer from bioware - 3 medals for 500k heals - 12 medals for tanks hmmmmmmm

#2) Resolve - Stunlock till 25% health then instant heal x2 for 10% health back (by that time probably 5% cause of gcds) now at best 20% - if you dont have your anti-interrupt bubble up then gg (juking is useless in this game cause it doesnt kill the whole tree)

#3) aoe heals - completely terrible kolto bomb that heals 3 people for same amount as 1 white non-crit damage from any class would hit.

#4) overall damage - even with 6 heals - opposing dps can burst through 1 person faster than they can get heals off unless they get rng crits.

#5) 1v1 - heals should be able to last a decent amount of time in 1v1s - vs equally geared dps once c/d's are gone - heals doesnt stand a chance - we have to rely on rng crits and hope that the dpsers dont know how to hit their interrupts or ccs

#6) complete lack of utility - no sprint, no pull, no interrupts, no bubble, and cannot use hammer shot heal on ourselves. The only thing we bring to the table is longevity assuming we can use the correct rotations, but this is pvp and throw traditional rotations out the window.

I understand pvp is broken in general - but really complete development teams for pvp - Did anyone bother to try playing a combat medic vs anyone semi-good at pvp before release?

No sure how any of the other healing classes are but WOW pvp as commando healing is bad:

#1) Medals - I know everyone has already complained about this already with no answer from bioware - 3 medals for 500k heals - 12 medals for tanks hmmmmmmm

#2) Resolve - Stunlock till 25% health then instant heal x2 for 10% health back (by that time probably 5% cause of gcds) now at best 20% - if you dont have your anti-interrupt bubble up then gg (juking is useless in this game cause it doesnt kill the whole tree)

#3) aoe heals - completely terrible kolto bomb that heals 3 people for same amount as 1 white non-crit damage from any class would hit.

#4) overall damage - even with 6 heals - opposing dps can burst through 1 person faster than they can get heals off unless they get rng crits.

#5) 1v1 - heals should be able to last a decent amount of time in 1v1s - vs equally geared dps once c/d's are gone - heals doesnt stand a chance - we have to rely on rng crits and hope that the dpsers dont know how to hit their interrupts or ccs

#6) complete lack of utility - no sprint, no pull, no interrupts, no bubble, and cannot use hammer shot heal on ourselves. The only thing we bring to the table is longevity assuming we can use the correct rotations, but this is pvp and throw traditional rotations out the window.

I understand pvp is broken in general - but really complete development teams for pvp - Did anyone bother to try playing a combat medic vs anyone semi-good at pvp before release?

I play one and I do relatively well. I am level 49 now and always hit 300k healing and usually die only once or not at all.

But that's because I run around a lot and hide and utilize medkits/exp adrenals, and let people-unbeknownst to them-be meatshields for me so I can avoid getting focused.

However, once a DPSer with half of a brain spots me and realizes I am healing, they can shut me down relatively quickly and force me to self-heal. And one DPS out of a million that is actually good will interrupt and plan out stuns and will kill me.

Healing is underpowered, it's just that most DPS are terrible.

Im not sure at what point it is exactly, but i noticed that once i had at least 10/14 of my slots with champion gear i stopped sucking as a combat medic.

The class blows until you have enough expertise healing bonus to counter some of the crappy trauma debuff.

I would change a few things but im not sure what would be too much.

1. High impact Bolt should have an interrupt on it. Either specced into on the gunnery tree or just standard on it.

2. While our reactive shield is up we need to be immune to knockbacks as well. Seriously, i cant be interrupted but i can be thrown halfway across the map?

3. Kolto bomb seriously needs to hit at least 4 people, really 5. with a crit it heals for 1850 and adds a 5% healing recieved buff. As a 3 target only aoe, it really needs either improvement in how much it heals or hit more targets.

4. Field aid also needs a buff. For some reason even when i have a skill point into it to remove mental effects, it still doesnt cleanse the slow effect on force slow and also doesnt remove some DoT's. Im guessing these are internal damage DoT's. It should litterally cleanse everything except for special boss debuff's when its specced into.

These 4 changes are the major things that need to be looked at.

Wait what??? 1v1 you cant survive??? sorry but its a serious case of L2P or trolling.

Strongest single target heal, the best CD in the game with supercharge cell, trauma probe, knockback, stun, shield that make you immune to interrupt what more do you need?

BTW for Kolto please wake up and realise that the aoe part of it is just gravy the real purpose of it is the extra healing buff and the shield when paired with supercharge cell.

And when you see a dps coming 1v1 its simple use supercharge cell and chain cast charged bolt which cost 0 ammo during that time (if your spec like you should be if not first learn to reseach your class)and those should hit for 2.5k to 3k if you're equaly gear like you said.

Seriously most of the time i can go with 2 dps hitting on me and keeping eveyrone alive and even 3 if they're melee which are a joke for us so if you get owned its that you are cleary getting out geared by your opponent or the problem is in front of the keyboard.

Wait what??? 1v1 you cant survive??? sorry but its a serious case of L2P or trolling.

Strongest single target heal, the best CD in the game with supercharge cell, trauma probe, knockback, stun, shield that make you immune to interrupt what more do you need?

BTW for Kolto please wake up and realise that the aoe part of it is just gravy the real purpose of it is the extra healing buff and the shield when paired with supercharge cell.

And when you see a dps coming 1v1 its simple use supercharge cell and chain cast charged bolt which cost 0 ammo during that time (if your spec like you should be if not first learn to reseach your class)and those should hit for 2.5k to 3k if you're equaly gear like you said.

Seriously most of the time i can go with 2 dps hitting on me and keeping eveyrone alive and even 3 if they're melee which are a joke for us so if you get owned its that you are cleary getting out geared by your opponent or the problem is in front of the keyboard.

Or the DPS are absolute crap which has obviously inflated your confidence in your playing skills. One good DPS will wreck you.

Five bad DPS will be bad and do nothing scary and can be outhealed.

charged bolts does not hit for 2.5-3k on average my good sir, only on undergeared players.

On equally geared players it only hits for 800-1.5k. and costs 1 ammo for the 6 shots you'll get in the 10 second period for super charged cells.

If it crits, which i have a 35% chance of doing then it might break 2.5k damage. highest damage i've gotten from it was 3100 and that happens only againgst people who dont have champ gear.

Kolto bomb would be overpowered if it healed for more AND hit more people, but could use improvement no matter what you think about it.

I've been playing since day 2 and done craptons of pvp, i know what im talking about.

Im not sure at what point it is exactly, but i noticed that once i had at least 10/14 of my slots with champion gear i stopped sucking as a combat medic.

The class blows until you have enough expertise healing bonus to counter some of the crappy trauma debuff.

I would change a few things but im not sure what would be too much.

1. High impact Bolt should have an interrupt on it. Either specced into on the gunnery tree or just standard on it.

2. While our reactive shield is up we need to be immune to knockbacks as well. Seriously, i cant be interrupted but i can be thrown halfway across the map?

3. Kolto bomb seriously needs to hit at least 4 people, really 5. with a crit it heals for 1850 and adds a 5% healing recieved buff. As a 3 target only aoe, it really needs either improvement in how much it heals or hit more targets.

4. Field aid also needs a buff. For some reason even when i have a skill point into it to remove mental effects, it still doesnt cleanse the slow effect on force slow and also doesnt remove some DoT's. Im guessing these are internal damage DoT's. It should litterally cleanse everything except for special boss debuff's when its specced into.

These 4 changes are the major things that need to be looked at.

I don't think your changes are especially good...

1) Why should HiB have an interupt? Because you just want one?

2) The shield is already powerful and you want it to grant complete immunity? Here's a tip, use it at full resolve.

3) Probably your only good suggestion. Both Kolto Bomb and Cloud (scoundrels) should have their ally cap removed -- it's the only reason we can't compete healing wise with Force healers.

4) It is what it is, I guess from a lore stand point. Troopers and healing Scoundrels can remove everything but force. Force healers can remove everything but tech. If they are specced of course.

CM / Sawbones < Sage, as far as healing capability goes. But if the AoE caps are removed, things will even out. That's all it will take.

Unfortunately, we seem a long ways away from rationally discussing class teaks at this point.

(PS - Anything I said applies to the mirror classes)

Edited by Pulpp

The interrupt on HIB is as i said mostly for the gunnery tree to give them some utility and make them feel useful other than doing grav spam. It would just be somthing nice if it was baseline, but i dont expect it.

Yes, we do need knockback immunity on reactive shield, if only to bring us up to par with the force users. They can sprint and jump. We have to trudge along at slugs pace and then get knocked back because everything can catch up to us.

If they wont give us a movement increase then we should at least be able to stop people from moving us.

ok - yes with a tank shielding you and dps that know how to peel/kill things - i can see this being better - but I go into a wz with 6 other healers and 2 undergeared dps we get absolutely face-rolled.

If you can live through 2-4 dps without a tank shield and your bubble not up then the dpsers you are fighting are absolutely terrible!!!

and LOL at people that say that knockback is utility. Only works vs scoundrels or really bad jedi.

and not saying kolto-bomb needs a buff - come on - its even bad in pve where you are almost required to bring a sage for the aoe heals