Noob question, how do you guys control your character?

jackliuu

When I was in beta I saw people were able to move and use the power at same time, how do you guys do that?

Because for me, my right hand is on the mouse to control the camera, and the other hand on keyboard pressing 1-10 for ability, but while doing that I cannot press WSAD for movement. So I am pretty much stand in one place while engage the enemy.

But I was able to see people that were jumping all around up and down and while never miss the opportunity to use ability (In combat), how do you guys do that? I assume you can accomplish this by using one of those gaming mouse with 30 programmable buttons, but is this possible with just standard keyboard and mouse set up?

sometimes you can see this guy doing what I am talking about

http://www.twitch.tv/fortyse7en

Edited by jackliuu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in beta I saw people were able to move and use the power at same time, how do you guys do that?

Because for me, my right hand is on the mouse to control the camera, and the other hand on keyboard pressing 1-10 for ability, but while doing that I cannot press WSAD for movement. So I am pretty much stand in one place while engage the enemy.

But I was able to see people that were jumping all around up and down and while never miss the opportunity to use ability, how do you guys do that? I assume you can accomplish this by using one of those gaming mouse with 30 programmable buttons, but is this possible with just standard keyboard and mouse set up?

sometimes you can see this guy doing what I am talking about

http://www.twitch.tv/fortyse7en

reconfigure your keybindings. Set the movement keys to something else. Alternatively, turn on auto run, steer with the mouse, jump and use abilities at will.

Well I can reach 1-6 easily while using WSAD, so i just put all of my insta-cast abilities in 1-6 (and shift + 1-6 for second hot bar if needed) and just put the long cast abilities in 7-= since you generally have to stand still for those anyway.

Also you could play a class that stays in cover (Smuggler or Agent). Then you dont have to worry about running around and using abilities.

Edited by Tabin

since this is a target and forget game.....you really don't need the mouse to move the camera as you move. as long as you keep your target in front of you, you can then use your mouse to use your on-screen toolbars to activate your abilities.

tab target

wsad to strafe around, mouse pointer to click on abilities to activate.

rinse, repeat

Switch strafe to Mouse 4 and Mouse 5

Switch backpeddle to middle mouse (I think it's usually this by default anyway)

Now use QWERTASDFG for your abilities.

This set up kills default MMO bindings. WASD is for shooters.

I think I'll give this a try.

I type /farm ... no wait. :p

Hold W to move, hold right mouse button the turn, use other fingers to hit 1-6 and make keybinds for shift 1-6 as well as z-b

I actually do much the same as this guy^

Edited by iTempest