Help me!!

Sneakycheeks

So..I have finished the Nar Shadda ((spelling?)) Story line..with my Jedi Knight Guardian..and am currently doing the mission where you have to fight Kira's brother. The problem is..this guy keeps mopping the floor with me! I've managed three times to get his health down to just one or two more hits..but he keeps using his force powers to throw me around like a rag doll. And yes I've been using my own force powers on him as well..but I still keep getting killed. And Kira isn't much help..as she keeps getting killed half way through each fight. I'm all out of med packs..and might stems..and can't buy any more or repair my gear..because I'm out of credits..I guess I shouldn't have bought that speeder licesnce before leaving Nar Shadda. Can any of you give me any tips or stradagies that might help me to finally beat this guy and move on!?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

A few space missions or warzones should put some credits back in your pocket

Don't forget your 20min cooldown heroic ability - that can make quite a difference

And put a shout out on General chat asking for someone to give you a hand if you need it - unless you're on a real ghost town of a server you should be able to get someone to give you 5 mins :)

Edited by rawhead_wrecker

Are you interrupting whenever possible? I seem to remember needing to interrupt his big things on my Sentinel or getting demolished.

Also, what level are you compared to him?

What do you mean by interrupting? Sorry I don't know all the MMO lingo. And I'm several levels higher than he is...my Knight is level 26..Kira's brother is like level 23.

A few space missions or warzones should put some credits back in your pocket

Don't forget your 20min cooldown heroic ability - that can make quite a difference

And put a shout out on General chat asking for someone to give you a hand if you need it - unless you're on a real ghost town of a server you should be able to get someone to give you 5 mins :)

Yeah I was thinking about leaving and going away to some where else to pick up credits. I also thought about getting another player to help..but being that its a class mission..I wouldn't be able to team with another Jedi Knight..so I'd need a player with a Consuler or something other than a Jedi Knight for the mission.

You can team with another knight - you just have to enter first and I think you both need an option in preferences checked (social -> allow entry to other player's story zones, I think).

Interrupt means using force kick to stop him casting. When you see the cast bar (blue one) activating use force kick to stop him casting that spell. It also means he cannot cast it again for 4s. Really reduces the amount of damage he can do!

And take a medipack :D

What do you mean by interrupting? Sorry I don't know all the MMO lingo. And I'm several levels higher than he is...my Knight is level 26..Kira's brother is like level 23.

That is likely your problem then. You have an ability as a Jedi Knight called "Force Kick". Using this ability while the enemy is casting a longer ability will interrupt the enemy and stop their cast. You can tell when the enemy is casting one of these because a little cast bar will appear over their portrait. As long as you kick before that ability bar fills up you should interrupt him, causing the ability to not be cast.

Bind Force Kick to somewhere easy to use (I have it bound to a mouse button) and then figure out what the worst abilities are that the guys uses. Some cast time abilities aren't that bad so you can ignore them but some really really hurt. Figure out which ones are giving you the most fits and then interrupt his cast every time you can. This will make the fights a lot easier.

And as the previous poster said, you can do some other quests and space missions and the like to get some quick credits so you can repair before going back to fight this guy.

I had the same problem with a sith in the ruined Jedi temple, I just ran around doing a few other missions to get EX and level up then got all the abilities I could and went back to face him. You can also send companions on missions in the crew window and get lock boxes to make some extra money as you go.

Tip if you try to beat someone more that two or three times don’t waste your med pack on doing it over and over, help you save some money. There are form abilities you can get to reduce damage and others that deal damage over time, use the damage ones first so they can cool down as you fight and you might be able to use it again to take him down as the final blow. Its all so use full to send your companion in to the battle first then jump in a second or two later, this focuses the damage to your companion first so you can do damage for a little bit with out taking any your self.

Hope some of that helps, I do the main story consistently so I have the same trouble trying to beat the bosses because I’m under leveled.

Good Luck :)

That is likely your problem then. You have an ability as a Jedi Knight called "Force Kick". Using this ability while the enemy is casting a longer ability will interrupt the enemy and stop their cast. You can tell when the enemy is casting one of these because a little cast bar will appear over their portrait. As long as you kick before that ability bar fills up you should interrupt him, causing the ability to not be cast.

Bind Force Kick to somewhere easy to use (I have it bound to a mouse button) and then figure out what the worst abilities are that the guys uses. Some cast time abilities aren't that bad so you can ignore them but some really really hurt. Figure out which ones are giving you the most fits and then interrupt his cast every time you can. This will make the fights a lot easier.

And as the previous poster said, you can do some other quests and space missions and the like to get some quick credits so you can repair before going back to fight this guy.

Ahh thank you very much. I always wondered what that blue bar was that randomly appeared above the target's portrait. His attacks that are the most annoying and damanging are his force throw ability and the force power where he lifts me up and slams me back down. I'm still getting used to MMOs this is only the second one that I've ever really played.

I had the same problem with a sith in the ruined Jedi temple, I just ran around doing a few other missions to get EX and level up then got all the abilities I could and went back to face him. You can also send companions on missions in the crew window and get lock boxes to make some extra money as you go.

Tip if you try to beat someone more that two or three times don’t waste your med pack on doing it over and over, help you save some money. There are form abilities you can get to reduce damage and others that deal damage over time, use the damage ones first so they can cool down as you fight and you might be able to use it again to take him down as the final blow. Its all so use full to send your companion in to the battle first then jump in a second or two later, this focuses the damage to your companion first so you can do damage for a little bit with out taking any your self.

Hope some of that helps, I do the main story consistently so I have the same trouble trying to beat the bosses because I’m under leveled.

Good Luck :)

Thank you for your advice. And I'm usually only rarely under leveled. As I have the habbit of doing non class missions either while or before doing my class missions. So I'm usally always the same level or one or two levels higher by the time I face the boss in my story missions.

You can team with another knight - you just have to enter first and I think you both need an option in preferences checked (social -> allow entry to other player's story zones, I think).

Interrupt means using force kick to stop him casting. When you see the cast bar (blue one) activating use force kick to stop him casting that spell. It also means he cannot cast it again for 4s. Really reduces the amount of damage he can do!

And take a medipack :D

I wasn't aware of that. I checked preferences the other day..I didn't notice any such opiton in the soical area. Maybe I missed it..I will take another look.

Ahh thank you very much. I always wondered what that blue bar was that randomly appeared above the target's portrait. His attacks that are the most annoying and damanging are his force throw ability and the force power where he lifts me up and slams me back down. I'm still getting used to MMOs this is only the second one that I've ever really played.

I'm not sure if those specific ones can be interrupted (been a while since I did the fight) but if they can't be, still interrupt the others because even if those other abilities don't do as much damage as the instant ones, it equals out to less overall damage and will help you survive.

If you have more questions please keep asking! There's several of us that loiter in this forum and can help. :)

Also..while I have all of you great people helping and giving me advice..is there a way to make it possible to have more than just two rows of abilities shown on screen in the game? So that I don't have to cycle throw the pages to use them...I read some where that some one said you could enable it by going into your preferences...but when I did that I didn't see any options for it listed.

Also..while I have all of you great people helping and giving me advice..is there a way to make it possible to have more than just two rows of abilities shown on screen in the game? So that I don't have to cycle throw the pages to use them...I read some where that some one said you could enable it by going into your preferences...but when I did that I didn't see any options for it listed.

Preferences -> User Interface. You can enable a second bottom bar and one on both the left and right side. Every slot can be keybound by clicking on the Keybindings tab at the bottom of the Preferences window and going to the "quickslot" section.

In the UI section of Preferences you can also set it so your companion bar appears on the right or left side instead of the bottom.

Preferences -> User Interface. You can enable a second bottom bar and one on both the left and right side. Every slot can be keybound by clicking on the Keybindings tab at the bottom of the Preferences window and going to the "quickslot" section.

In the UI section of Preferences you can also set it so your companion bar appears on the right or left side instead of the bottom.

Are you talking about the preference button that appears on the left side of the screen at the character select screen? Because I've tried that one..and I didn't see any options for what your talking about listed there. Is there another prefernces that you can get into while actually in the game?

Are you talking about the preference button that appears on the left side of the screen at the character select screen? Because I've tried that one..and I didn't see any options for what your talking about listed there. Is there another prefernces that you can get into while actually in the game?

Yeah, hit escape and the game menu pops up. Select Preferences from there.

Patch 1.2 this will be alot easier as you should be able to stack all 4 of your bars ontop of each other. This is the new UI customization option that is coming. Check it out in Biowares new video showing upcoming 1.2 things. Should be in the media/trailers file.

Also, you don't have to have another Jedi help- anyone in your group can. Get a friend or two. Go to the spot in question (yes, in space too). Long as you enter the instance first, they'll be able to join you. I had the JK I work with help me on Tarvus' ship, too for my class quests.

It's a lot easier with another person. Never think you have to do your class stuff solo all of the time.

Thank you every one..with all your suggestions and advice I finally managed to beat Kira's brother. But now I have a new problem..I don't have enough credits to go to Tython or any where else..and I can't do any space combat missions to get more credits..because I don't have enough credits to get me to the space combat missions! I got credits for defeating her brother..but I stupidly spent them on repairing my armor..and now I can't get back to the vendor on the mining place to sell him any of my stuff in order to get more credits. So I'm stuck...is there any way to get credits? Is there a way I can buy credits for the game? I'd just transfer credits from one of my alts..but my ship doesn't have a place where I can check my mail. Please help!

You have in the general tab of your abilities something called an "Emergency Fleet Pass".

It's an 18-hour cooldown, but it'll get you to the Fleet for free. Use it, take a shuttle to Corsucant from there and rack up some easy credits to get back on your feet if needed.