The Real Most Powerful Starfighter

TalonVII

Ok Kids Beniboybling is busy doing about 3 of these threads so I figured I'd share some of the load with him and kick off the most powerful Starfighter.

These are snub fighters like the X-Wing, or TIE Fighter. No transports, capital ships, shuttles etc. only star fighters. Also if there are many variations EX: X-wing. T65a though Xj5 and up will be considered as 1 fighter. Now if there is a major branch off like the StealthX, or say the TIE interceptor, they will be treated as stand alone fighters.

1. X-Wing: I'm going to put this as number one. This is a given. Most iconic fighter in sci-fi. It's been there done that, bought the t-shirt and then some. This fighter is the benchmark.

2. TIE Defender

3. TIE Avenger

4. E-Wing

5. B-wing

6. K-Wing

Edited by TalonVII

TIE Avenger is number one to me, without a doubt, as an X-wing vs TIE Fighter veteran the Avenger class was without a doubt the best, it was faster, quicker, fastest rate of fire.

It was small and nimble with an armament to match any other starfighter and had one of the best starfighter hyperdrives as well as better shielding than any Imperial or Rebel starfighter.

TIE Avenger is number one to me, without a doubt, as an X-wing vs TIE Fighter veteran the Avenger class was without a doubt the best, it was faster, quicker, fastest rate of fire.

It was small and nimble with an armament to match any other starfighter and had one of the best starfighter hyperdrives as well as better shielding than any Imperial or Rebel starfighter.

Don't have to sell me on the Avenger. I did the dissertation of the TIE Avenger on the forums. Probably my favorite star fighter in the SW universe. However, I am not trying to be biased here. And most people probably consider the X-wing the best fighter. Now if it is proven wrong it isn't I will more than happily take the X-wing out of number 1.

I think for #2 I shall nominate the ARC Starfighter.

Class 1.5 hyperdrives, can move incredibly fast in the atmosphere and in space, mounted laser cannons in both front and back, rugged and able to do independent operations.

Ok so right now two nominations for #2, ARC fighter and TIE Avenger.

Canonically though the Avenger was superior to the X-wing in all but one way, it wasn't as modifiable due to size difference and the X-wing therefore had a bigger and thus better hyperdrive, beyond that though, the Avenger makes the X-wing look as old as it really is. Edited by LadyKulvax

Canonically though the Avenger was superior to the X-wing in all but one way, it wasn't as modifiable due to size difference and the X-wing had a better hyperdrive, beyond that though, the Avenger makes the X-wing look as old as it really is.

A T-65A-C? sure. An XJ3 or better, not so much.

Umm the second civil war with Caedus, New Republic mainstay fighter was the XJ5 and I think Xj7's were coming online in small batches. SteathXs, only people who can fly them are jedi.

That wasn't till after the Vong war, the New Republic put the series on hold for years before they redesigned the vessel.

That wasn't till after the Vong war, the New Republic put the series on hold for years before they redesigned the vessel.

True but after the Vong war, XJ5 came out, Chase Xs, XJ7 was being tested and worked on. But also newer Versions of the Eta class fighter and even the E-wing was being upgraded.

B-wing was more powerful than the X-wing, it was almost double the size, and more upto date.

Both the X-wing and B-wing were more powerful than the Arc fighter, which was clone wars technology, X-wing almost brought into being by the Imperials as a replacement for the ARC fighter, but the rebellion got it instead.

Tie interceptor is more than a match for the X-wing, but I feel its outmatched by the B-wing in most area's, the only real advantage is that the Tia Interceptor is more maneouvrable. In terms of shear power, Tie bomber is more powerful still.

E-wing was supposed to be more powerful than the B-wing, but never really took off. A-wing was weaker than X-wing, but faster and designed as an ambusher, giving advantages to it.

Personally I think

1. E-wing
  2. B-wing
  3. Tie Bomber
  4. X-Wing
  5. Tie Inteceptor
  6. A-wing
  7. Arc Fighter

B-wing was more powerful than the X-wing, it was almost double the size, and more upto date.

Both the X-wing and B-wing were more powerful than the Arc fighter, which was clone wars technology, X-wing almost brought into being by the Imperials as a replacement for the ARC fighter, but the rebellion got it instead.

Tie interceptor is more than a match for the X-wing, but I feel its outmatched by the B-wing in most area's, the only real advantage is that the Tia Interceptor is more maneouvrable. In terms of shear power, Tie bomber is more powerful still.

E-wing was supposed to be more powerful than the B-wing, but never really took off. A-wing was weaker than X-wing, but faster and designed as an ambusher, giving advantages to it.

Personally I think

1. E-wing
  2. B-wing
  3. Tie Bomber
  4. X-Wing
  5. Tie Inteceptor
  6. A-wing
  7. Arc Fighter

Umm tie Avenger had stronger shields than the X-wing, Faster than an A-wing and the TIE Defender, was even faster, had 6 cannons[2 ion] and just of a payload as the X-wing. And you want to the say the E-wing is top dog?

No, no no no. E-wing is top 10 material, but it's not top dog, not by a LOOONG shot.

Umm tie Avenger had stronger shields than the X-wing, Faster than an A-wing and the TIE Defender, was even faster, had 6 cannons[2 ion] and just of a payload as the X-wing. And you want to the say the E-wing is top dog?

No, no no no. E-wing is top 10 material, but it's not top dog, not by a LOOONG shot.

Ok, shift the list down two, and put the Avenger and Tie Defender at the top.

It's been a while since I read the books, so feel free to correct me.

Edited by AlexDougherty

I'd actually agree to the X-wing (preferably the more advanced GA versions) as #1 though I'm a big fan of the TIE Defender. I'd also say TIE Avenger is a good #2.

My #3 though would definitely be the TIE Defender over the ARC. It has arguably greater versatility and agility than the ARC while having a single pilot on a traditionally fear-inspiring frame. The ion cannons, hyperdrives, versatile weapon bays, I'd say the Defender is an amazing tool for a vast assortment of missions and it is still rugged enough to decimate enemy fighters in a fleet action as well. TIE Defenders are also notoriously difficult for X-wing pilots to bring down and put one in the hands of Rouge Squadron...

Some contenders I'd suggest (though not sure where exactly they'd go). E-wing, TIE Phantom, TIE Advanced, and Chiss Clawcraft.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I'd actually agree to the X-wing (preferably the more advanced GA versions) as #1 though I'm a big fan of the TIE Defender. I'd also say TIE Avenger is a good #2.

My #3 though would definitely be the TIE Defender over the ARC. It has arguably greater versatility and agility than the ARC while having a single pilot on a traditionally fear-inspiring frame. The ion cannons, hyperdrives, versatile weapon bays, I'd say the Defender is an amazing tool for a vast assortment of missions and it is still rugged enough to decimate enemy fighters in a fleet action as well. TIE Defenders are also notoriously difficult for X-wing pilots to bring down and put one in the hands of Rouge Squadron...

Some contenders I'd suggest (though not sure where exactly they'd go). E-wing, TIE Phantom, TIE Advanced, and Chiss Clawcraft.

Yes but the B-wing was always more powerful than the X-wing, whenever they updated the X-wing, they also updated the B-wing. The Mon Calamari who designed it insisted that it be kept up to date, and it was easier for the Republic to agree than have endless discussions. So the B-wing is always ahead of the X-wing.

That said I do prefer the X-wing to the B-wing aesthetically.

Yes but the B-wing was always more powerful than the X-wing, whenever they updated the X-wing, they also updated the B-wing. The Mon Calamari who designed it insisted that it be kept up to date, and it was easier for the Republic to agree than have endless discussions. So the B-wing is always ahead of the X-wing.

That said I do prefer the X-wing to the B-wing aesthetically.

B wing had more powerful armaments, yes, but was actually more fragile due to how the cockpit worked, plus it was FAR less maneuverable. It was there more to replace the Y-wing as a fighter bomber than replace the X-wing as a Superiority fighter.

I think we've spoken my list probably 2-5 for now is going to be:

2. TIE Defender

3. TIE Avenger

4. E-Wing

5. B-wing

how say you all?

Edited by TalonVII

B wing had more powerful armaments, yes, but was actually more fragile due to how the cockpit worked, plus it was FAR less maneuverable. It was there more to replace the Y-wing as a fighter bomber than replace the X-wing as a Superiority fighter.

I think we've spoken my list probably 2-5 for now is going to be:

2. TIE Defender

3. TIE Avenger

4. E-Wing

5. B-wing

how say you all?

Fair enough about the X-wing, the other positions sound good, I did like the E-wing, it looked unusual but cool in the graphic novels (or comics as I call them).