CM team needs to communicate

Rolodome

It's weird to me that in the 6 months or so I've been active here, the only post or communication I've seen from the CM team is the blog post about the pack opening experience and that wasn't even signed as a human, it was just signed as "The CM team."

Is it a matter of being afraid of receiving hate or something? That doesn't even seem to explain it because I never see Eric going in and explaining anything that the CM team is doing. Is there a gag order on everything the CM team does?

Recently, we had an issue where there was supposed to be a 55% off item for the 5-year anniversary and there was nothing. Some people on the forums continue to bump/remind about it and lo and behold, eventually, a hypercrate was placed on sale for 55% off. No explanation, no announcement, no "we forgot and here's how long this item will be on sale." There was also a huttsbane set on sale for 50% at some point in this mad jumble and people pointed out how that isn't 55%. It wasn't up for long. Again, no explanation or announcement at all. Then, not long after, we get a different hypercrate listed for 55% off and now, starting sometime yesterday, we have the B/W dye and B/B dye listed, as well as the Galactic Legends pack (but with no special level of sale... it just feels like somebody hit the wrong button).

Again, zero explanation. Zero announcement. How do you expect your customers to even interact with these opportunities if there's no communication on it? I don't get what happened. The first 55% sale was clearly communicated and a date was given for how long it would be available. During this month, if you watch the CM, it's like watching chaos theory in action or something.

With this thread, all I'm really asking is for you to do a better job of communicating your sales and communicating when you made a mistake and what you're going to do about it. It doesn't even make sense for your own sake for it to be so sloppy. You aren't going to get the sales you want if the CM cycle is chaotic and people don't even know when there's a sale. There are the weekly changes, which are pretty straightfoward to follow. And the monthly changes, which are also relatively straightforward to follow. And then there's times like this month, where it feels like someone's cat was left at the keyboard during lunch break.

It shouldn't take that much effort to communicate if something weird has happened.

The only communication being through action is not sufficient. This is a AAA business, so don't tell me you can't scrape together the time to explain yourselves once in a while.

With this thread, all I'm really asking is for you to do a better job of communicating your sales and communicating when you made a mistake and what you're going to do about it.

Hi Rolo -

I agree with you that miscues ought to be promptly & clearly addressed. If something is brought up by the studio, players should not be scratching their head trying to interpret it. So I see your point about the 55% off sale.

That said, personally, I do not want more communication from the studio about what they are selling. Or what's on sale. Or what's going to be on sale. Or what's about to come off sale.

I have a *********** glowing dollar on my screen that is literally the only thing I'm not allowed to remove. I can get rid of all my buttons but the golden dollar stays. It's minimized and faded and stuck in a corner, but I still see it.

Star Wars IP. And I need a *********** dollar sign on my screen.

The last thing I want is to hear a peep from the CM team when actual playable content is so rare. I might be in the minority, but the first thing I do every day when I peek into the forums is check the Dev Tracker. As depressing as that act is, seeing posts from the CM team would be worse.

I totally get where you're coming from but it takes anyone who cares literally 1 second to see whats on sale in game. For those of us that do not care it'll feel like spam.

That's just my opinion though.

Hi Rolo -

I agree with you that miscues ought to be promptly & clearly addressed. If something is brought up by the studio, players should not be scratching their head trying to interpret it. So I see your point about the 55% off sale.

That said, personally, I do not want more communication from the studio about what they are selling. Or what's on sale. Or what's going to be on sale. Or what's about to come off sale.

I have a *********** glowing dollar on my screen that is literally the only thing I'm not allowed to remove. I can get rid of all my buttons but the golden dollar stays. It's minimized and faded and stuck in a corner, but I still see it.

Star Wars IP. And I need a *********** dollar sign on my screen.

The last thing I want is to hear a peep from the CM team when actual playable content is so rare. I might be in the minority, but the first thing I do every day when I peek into the forums is check the Dev Tracker. As depressing as that act is, seeing posts from the CM team would be worse.

I totally get where you're coming from but it takes anyone who cares literally 1 second to see whats on sale in game. For those of us that do not care it'll feel like spam.

That's just my opinion though.

Hey Gabi. I completely understand that. It did cross my mind, which is (tbh) why I focused in at the end on asking them to be clear about when things have been messed up and the like. I don't think I would enjoy seeing CM stuff as the main thing in Dev Tracker either and I imagine it would get a lot of ire, if it was. I just, in the main, want them to be able to speak to us if something out of the ordinary is happening. Kind of like when servers go down... it's not necessarily someone's fault, but it's nice to now that they are looking into it and doing something about it, rather than the only communication being through what appears in the CM interface.

And with the 55% sales being such a rare thing and up for such a short time, in that particular case, I do want them to be calling attention to it in some capacity. I'm not wanting them to be making posts about every CM change, but if there is something out of the ordinary, I would like to know that they are capable of communicating that to us. Because otherwise it leaves this "up for interpretation" gap, where players are left wondering whether certain changes made were even intended.

Tbh, I started out my OP with general communication in mind and then changed tack somewhat halfway through as I thought about it more. Sometimes I do that and then rewrite the entire tack of the post, but I had to go somewhere, so I just published it as is.

Thanks for adding your thoughts to the discussion and helping me work through what the main point is. :)

So I wanted to add that I just checked twitter and apparently, they have a post about the Galactic Legends pack there. And there was a post a few days ago about Revenge pack.

So I guess they are saying something... if you follow twitter.

Tho that still doesn't solve the problem of unexplained weirdness, like what happened with the 55% sale.

Also, I had a thought for CM sales, so that if you don't follow hashtag land, you'll know what's going on... find a way to fit expiration timers in the CM interface, under featured. That way if there's a temporary sale, people don't need to follow social media. They can just go into the interface and see how long something is going to be available for. Then it's clear that it's not an error and it has a duration.

Like this Galactic Legends thing... most CM sales are weekly or monthly, this one is weekend only. That should be communicated in the interface, if it's only going to be communicated in twitville outside of game.