Skipping

kijthae

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. if you have done it houndreds of times then you should play less not turn it to a grind , enjoy more . One of the best side of this game that differs from grind mmos is its lore.

So prevent skipping BW. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as many as boss count except the first boss , giving addtional damage , damage reduction and health to each boss. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed

second boss >>>>> 2x [ grindersfrustration] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [grindersfrustation] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

Edit: I made the post emotional friendly

Edited by kijthae

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Insulting and getting mad at players that have the time to play more than you is not the solution to your problem man. Find a group of people to play with (usually called guilds) that are like minded on what you need out of the game.

Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.

Oooooor, you know people could actually try to act like they are on the same team here and say from the beginning that they want to do all the bosses, or only the necessary ones, or skip every other one, or whatever and let the group decide instead of you (either of you) deciding for everyone else what the group is going to do.

Just because you used the group finder doesn't mean everyone wants to either race through it, or skip half of it just because YOU think thats what it should be, and the alternate applies as well.

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.

So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

All of those flashpoints you can do on your own in story mode up to red reaper if you aren't geared.

The rest you can duo with a like minded friend.

Be smart. Think smart. Act smart.

Edited by Naholen

I have no problem doing the bosses if others really want to do them. Which I have in the past when people ask.

However I do say yes to skipping all the trash and spacebar the cut scenes. If you want to see the story, well then do it on story mode.

Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.

It may be YOUR normal actions, but for myself I see just as many groups I end up in from group finder doing the whole thing as I do running into groups that want to space-bar and hit the bare minimum. So your very same logic could be used on you

[Group] [Hyfy]: Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing the bare minimum.

Edited by Hyfy

It may be YOUR normal actions, but for myself I see just as many groups I end up in from group finder doing the whole thing as I do running into groups that want to space-bar and hit the bare minimum. So your very same logic could be used on you

[Group] [Hyfy]: Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing the bare minimum.

I don't care if people want to do all or just one of the bosses it doesn't matter to me, but having somebody come on the forums trying to dictate how others play the game is childish. It's setup to allow both parties to do as they see fit, why change a great system?

Edited by Brimmer

From this post it is clear you are playing as dps. from that fact alone you have no control over anything. If you want to fight every boss roll a tank. My main is a tank and i decide what bosses to skip or not. I tend to ask if anyone needs the other bosses. Maybe thats just me. But if i inspect the players and everyone is already geared and doing this for black hole comms i will not ask and skip as many as possible. I do not have all day to watch story mode cut sceens or do every boss on every flashpoint. The time for those vs the reward is not equal.

One last point the items/gear dropped below the final boss are the same as the FREE gear you are given by the welcome to flashpoints mission. If any one from my groups pulls bosses without us wanting to do them, we let them die and then boot them from group as well as add them to ignore so we never do flashpoints with them again.

Edited by Irawratih

I don't care if people want to do all or just one of the bosses it doesn't matter to me, but having somebody come on the forums trying to dictate how others play the game is childish. It's setup to allow both parties to do as they see fit, why change a great system?

You missed the point, you ended up doing pretty much exactly what you chastised him for.

Isn't the only flashpoint where you can skip actual bosses Battle of Ilum? I know you can skip some mini bosses in Directive 7 and Boarding Party, but I'm pretty sure BOI is the only one where you can skip almost everything (I haven't done some of the Pub side only ones though).

You missed the point, you ended up doing pretty much exactly what you chastised him for.

The point is people shouldn't try to get bioware to force people to fight all the bosses. How it works currently allows both parties to do what they want. Which is why I have no problem with either parties ingame, since they're just using the system as intended. So nope, it seems you missed the point.

Edited by Brimmer

Isn't the only flashpoint where you can skip actual bosses Battle of Ilum? I know you can skip some mini bosses in Directive 7 and Boarding Party, but I'm pretty sure BOI is the only one where you can skip almost everything (I haven't done some of the Pub side only ones though).

You can do Taral V without fighting any boss except the last. You can skip all but the last 2 for Battle of Ilum, You can skip a lot of directive 7. majority of skipping is just trash mobs, not bosses.

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.

So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

While I believe trashmobs and especially bosses are meant to be killed and not skipped, I do see a little problem with this suggestion..

Players will start to demand titles, achievements and extra loot for doing bosses "hard mode" as they'll call it, and the amount of skippers would sadly only increase.

While I believe trashmobs and especially bosses are meant to be killed and not skipped, I do see a little problem with this suggestion..

Players will start to demand titles, achievements and extra loot for doing bosses "hard mode" as they'll call it, and the amount of skippers would sadly only increase.

Indeed. Also if anything the recent changes to false emperor and the heroic 4 on section X supports skipping. Both had a lot of mobs removed so you had to fight less. Which in a way says to the skippers: yeah there are too many mobs in here after all.

Edited by Brimmer

You can do Taral V without fighting any boss except the last. You can skip all but the last 2 for Battle of Ilum, You can skip a lot of directive 7. majority of skipping is just trash mobs, not bosses.

You don't even have to fight the last boss in Taral V.

The point is people shouldn't try to get bioware to force people to fight all the bosses. How it works currently allows both parties to do what they want. Which is why I have no problem with either parties ingame, since they're just using the system as intended. So nope, it seems you missed the point.

No I got the point because if you had paid attention to my first post I called you both out, but also called you out on your hypocrisy of doing exactly what you chastised him for.

No I got the point because if you had paid attention to my first post I called you both out, but also called you out on your hypocrisy of doing exactly what you chastised him for.

So you claim you can read, but clearly the fact remains that you can't. what I called him out on in my first post was the text in red below.

Attacking the player base that doesn't do the same play style as you is very childish. Play respectfully with your peers and you can enjoy the game as it was intended.

Edited by Brimmer

I don't see a need to force either playstyle.

When playing my higher level characters and I'm chasing comms I ask the group at the beginning if they mind skipping, most say they don't mind.

When playing my lower level alts and I'm doing Flashpoints for XP to help me level up to my next bit of class quests I often ask the group if they dont mind NOT skipping and going for all bonuses, because im after the xp...I dont remember any instance where someone has said no.

The point is -

Just tell people what you expect at the beginning and if they don't agree then don't group with them.

"Manage" the expecations of those around you and your own expectations and you can very easily avoid dissapointment. The same holds true for Loot issues. Just sort it out at the start and for the vast majority of the time you are going to get what you want.

That would certainly cut down the number of people queuing for flashpoints. The thing is, I also have a limited amount of time to play and I like to make the most of it. I out gear the current flash points but continue to run them because I need the black hole commendations.

Due to Bioware's excessive trash and bosses that drop worthless loot for nearly every member of the party, it's generally agreeable to skip anything that can be skipped. The only boss that drops anything of substance is the final boss of any flash point.

Unless you find a guild full of like minded players, you're going to have to deal with skipping trash and cut-scenes.

A better suggestion for Bioware would be to take a flash point, raise the number of bosses to twelve or fifteen then slice the flash point into three or four sections. Reduce the number of trash mobs and provide incentives for completing the optional objectives and bosses. Such changes would make spending more than thirty minutes in a flashpoint worth my time.

Attacking the player base that doesn't do the same play style as you is very childish. Play respectfully with your peers and you can enjoy the game as it was intended.

Sorry for interfering, but Hyfy is right here. In this post:

you say that he's trying to control how others play the game, but at the very same time you try to control how he should play by telling him to form a group and go do story mode.