reverse engineering 'artifact' level

Elecious

im a sythweaver and am wondering what benefits there might be to reverse engineering 'artifact' or purple level equipment, would it just be a 'midifable' or oraage version of that equipment?

My understanding is that artifact gets you legendary with higher stats. Beyond that, unless someone can actually confirm that RE'ing a legendary 22 item will net you a 22A or 22B or 23 then I guess that is it. I've seen people suggest that it does but I have not seen enough people confirm it to waste the time and effort trying.

It takes long enough just to get Artifact items.

My understanding is that artifact gets you legendary with higher stats. Beyond that, unless someone can actually confirm that RE'ing a legendary 22 item will net you a 22A or 22B or 23 then I guess that is it. I've seen people suggest that it does but I have not seen enough people confirm it to waste the time and effort trying.

It takes long enough just to get Artifact items.

thats why i wondering if its worth the payoff, it seems getting the alusteel is the biggest issue, at least for me, must take 20+ missions before i get any yield of the stuff back

From what I understand, if you RE a purple item, you can discover a purple item of the next prefix tier. (assuming the item type follows the prefix path, and not the linear path. Don't believe there is any point to REing a linear path artifact). From what I understand though, their is no tier 3. So a green RE'd to purple is as good as it'll get.

The benefit is therefor getting the additional stats that that new prefix type gives, not really increased "base" stats. (i.e. +defense for redoubt)

i.e. theoretically you can RE a purple rakata whatever into a redoubt rakata whatever that will give the regular rakata stats + defense (or extra defense if it already has it). You could then RE that redoubt rakata whatever into Veracity, which would give you that same +defense, and + shield.

I doubt though that many people spend much time trying to RE purples. Scarcity of components seems likely to make it fairly restrictive.

(Does sort of make we wonder if the correct RE'd to purple lvl 49 stuff would be equivelent/better than the vanilla rakata stuff, (at least for tank) You'd get far less end (and thus HP) from the armor, and less armor, but possibly enough +def/shield to more than make up for it.)