Powertech players it is time to stand up and be heard!

GostGajol

My fellow Powertechs

Powertechs are getting screwed in the 2.0 patch unless people act

Question is, do Powertechs stand up for their right to fight??

I SAY HELL YES! ITS TIME TO BUMB THE THREADS!

Get to the test forums - read up on the following 4 posts!

POWERTECH PLAYERS WE NEED YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD OR WE WILL ALL BE STUCK WITH A USELESS CLASS IN PATCH 2.0! - EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD GO BUMB THE THREAD TO THE TOP WE MUST BE HEARD!

/Gajol

Edited by GostGajol

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll support this, but only the AP nerf. I believe the nerf on pyro is really needed.

Seriously? You honestly feel like cutting CGC by 50% is warranted? You do know that Pyro/Assault was parsing in line with other classes, right?

EDIT: Came off as a bit rude...but yeah, I disagree strongly.

Edited by ScytheEleven

Seriously, I dont know how VG and PT are on the pts but if you really feel that it need to be changed/balanced you should do something.

I'm an assassin and we made over 20 threads on each faction's AC forum(Assassin and shadow) for a total of +/- 40 threads some of them got over 200 replies and it worked. We got the balance we wanted to our DPS trees (The tank one was fine)

Idk about madness but right now deception is viable again in WZs on the pts.

It took around 1 month and 200 replies on the most popular thread to get an answer from a DEV but we finaly got it and got our changes.

Lets go PTs and VGs you can do it! Show Bioware how you are unhappy.

You are in the same situation assassins were. You loose your burst and gain almost ZERO extra survivability on a class already super squishy where your only defense is bursting the ennemy.

I dueled a Pyro PT yesterday and I was able to kill him with 85% hp left, I know force shroud help a lot vs a pt and my gear was a bit better but GOD 85% hp left VS a pyro PT Wut da puk??? even a bad Pyro PT can do better on the live server.

Like I said Lets go PTs and VGs you can do it! Show Bioware how you are unhappy.

Seriously? You honestly feel like cutting CGC by 50% is warranted? You do know that Pyro/Assault was parsing in line with other classes, right?

I don't know the changes, but if you're calling that a nerf I lol.

I've got a 50 VG and a 47 PT and I can safely say they are currently faceroll in live. They are far too easily played for the damage they are capable of doing. You can easily spam 3k damage abilitys that cost barely any energy pool and have 0 cooldown. Assassins/Mercs are the ones needing buffs.

I've got a 50 VG and a 47 PT and I can safely say they are currently faceroll in live. They are far too easily played for the damage they are capable of doing. You can easily spam 3k damage abilitys that cost barely any energy pool and have 0 cooldown. Assassins/Mercs are the ones needing buffs.

CGC makes up about 1/3 of my damage. I don't PVP, I PVE. The 50% damage nerf to CGC is really big/unneeded for PVE Pyros like myself. It's also a nerf to Pyro Mercs.

Agreed, pyro is too easy to play and is the best single-target burst out there. I think it is much better if they will focus on the AC's unique dps trees (not shared) for more diversity.

Edited by dijskykiller

CGC makes up about 1/3 of my damage. I don't PVP, I PVE. The 50% damage nerf to CGC is really big/unneeded for PVE Pyros like myself. It's also a nerf to Pyro Mercs.

To those saying a nerf was needed look at how it affects other players?

Thanks for the share Gajol, great to see some attention being drawn towards our protests against the 2.0 changes. (Perhaps copy a version over to the Vanguard forum too? I would but don't want to steal your thunder ;) )

It is us the community who should give thanks to you for makeing a very solid post, in a very structured and orderly fashion. Il make sure it gets posted on the Vanguard Forum aswell, I have only one aim and that is to keep the pressure up and the water boiling at some point they are bound to listen.

Lets all strife to keep up the pressure with every single PT and VG reading and hopefully bumping the thread we will prove that we will not go quietly into the night!

So I guess with this reply im also preaching that players reading this swing by continuesly on the threads to bump them so we can draw some developers attention.

/Gajol

Fair does, but until BW manage to split PvE and PvP trees they'll have to meet somewhere in between, and as of right now PT and VG are ludicrously easy to play in PvP and get massive damage numbers. Even in pre50 they can do about 3-4k damage in like 6 seconds and that's not using anything other than Flame burst ( a cheap non-cd skill might I add)

Edited by Jayshames

Fair does, but until BW manage to split PvE and PvP trees they'll have to meet somewhere in between, and as of right now PT and VG are ludicrously easy to play in PvP and get massive damage numbers. Even in pre50 they can do about 3-4k damage in like 6 seconds and that's not using anything other than Flame burst ( a cheap non-cd skill might I add)

What your post is saying is that your play experience is more important then his. He has to deal with a spec that is unplayable so that PT's are harder to play in PvP and perform worse. Why is your play experience worth more than his? We can argue nerfs and whether they are necessary but this nerf screws over an entire playing base for this class.

I hate Pyro. Strong AP would be a nice, welcome change.

That said, I do believe it should be PvE-viable, at least.

Bah...this is all rubbish.

Saying it's "easy to play", is all relative...no?

I hear people ramble on about the ease of a class and I shake my head. As far as pvp is concerned, there will always be new challenges. Example would be acquiring high protection numbers/objectives, as well as dps. I can't count the many times I've seen powertechs with very low protection values at the end of warzone. Another consideration is trying to survive as a squishy class, constantly dealing with focus fire. Learning how to use terrain and coordinate abilities with teammates are essential as well.

If powertechs have been nerfed, I'm unaffected. The less crybabies and idiots playing one of my favorite classes, the better. Either way, I know I will still be kicking arses and sending them all to hell.

Bah...this is all rubbish.

Saying it's "easy to play", is all relative...no?

I hear people ramble on about the ease of a class and I shake my head. As far as pvp is concerned, there will always be new challenges. Example would be acquiring high protection numbers/objectives, as well as dps. I can't count the many times I've seen powertechs with very low protection values at the end of warzone. Another consideration is trying to survive as a squishy class, constantly dealing with focus fire. Learning how to use terrain and coordinate abilities with teammates are essential as well.

If powertechs have been nerfed, I'm unaffected. The less crybabies and idiots playing one of my favorite classes, the better. Either way, I know I will still be kicking arses and sending them all to hell.

Hehe... However, the means to apply the skills still applies no doubt about it, however if there is no skills to apply then it dont matter how much means you have. (Be carefull im not talking about your personal skills im talking about the skills of the class aka. abilities etc.)

Ease of play is relative to the controller no doubt and what is well played, high numbers or coorporation with the team, who do you fight etc. But i do belive thats a diffrent subject, i insist that the subject here is about the skills of the class not the player.

Best regards

Gajol

Hehe... However, the means to apply the skills still applies no doubt about it, however if there is no skills to apply then it dont matter how much means you have. (Be carefull im not talking about your personal skills im talking about the skills of the class aka. abilities etc.)

Ease of play is relative to the controller no doubt and what is well played, high numbers or coorporation with the team, who do you fight etc. But i do belive thats a diffrent subject, i insist that the subject here is about the skills of the class not the player.

Best regards

Gajol

Definately, by all means.

In no way was I attacking you personally, and I thank you for your devotion to powertechs. I appreciate what you're trying to do. My comments will always be in a pvp context, so there may be a side to this discussion I've overlooked. Pve has a different mindset, and perhaps if the damage potential would be compromised, then my heart bleeds for the pve'ers. Alas, pvp is a far greater and complex experience. I apologize If I've overlooked the pve aspect of powertech play.

I'll support this, but only the AP nerf. I believe the nerf on pyro is really needed.

You think that a melee dps class with no gap closer, 1 decent defensive cooldown, barely anything beneficial buff wise (combust/maybe oil slick) for operations should have the 2nd lowest dps in pve?

Regardless of how they play in pvp, which I agree they are very strong in (still easily countered and killed), the pyro nerf was way over the top. Multiple classes were parsing higher than pyro in 2.0 before the nerf, and they have more utility and group buffs in operation fights.

Are they still viable? Sure, but ideally you'd want just about any other class in your operation group right now in the pts.

We either need more ways to benefit the operations group as a whole, or we need more damage output.

Just my 2 cents, here's to hoping for some changes :cool:

Ap nerf came out of nowhere and makes no since I agree.

Pyro on the other hand had the nerf coming. They were the class that needed to be nerfed the most next to smash/focus specced knights/warriors and I play both. Don't cry about pyro because they got brought in line with other classes and don't have a 2.2k 4 button DPS rottation

Pyro on the other hand had the nerf coming. They were the class that needed to be nerfed the most next to smash/focus specced knights/warriors and I play both. Don't cry about pyro because they got brought in line with other classes and don't have a 2.2k 4 button DPS rottation

See, this is where I get frustrated...

the nerf affected Pyro PVE'ers the hardest! Not everything is based on PVP

Edited by ScytheEleven

Pyro dps is now below everyone else, except assassins. With the amount of utility/defensive cooldowns/operation wide buffs we have, we should at least be near the top for dps.

As for the class being 'easy', all classes become easy to use once you learn the rotation. They may take an extra day or 2 to learn, but after that there's no argument for the class being too easy.

Edited by KTap