Powertech players it is time to stand up and be heard!

GostGajol

Can anyone run the numbers on what a PT could do without the 2.0 nerds to CGC & Rail Shot?

Would PT's be OP or be competitive with the Dps classes?

From memory on the 2.0 PTS PT's were not ahead except the OP hybrid & that was before the buffs that the other classes were added.

I love my PT but it's coming to the point where I'm falling 10% Dps behind the rest of my raid group. Sniper is already min of 8% ahead every fight & it's only increasing. :(

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my PT but it's coming to the point where I'm falling 10% Dps behind the rest of my raid group. Sniper is already min of 8% ahead every fight & it's only increasing. :(

The sniper gap is further helped by the fact that most all fights favor snipers in some way. The only way to really push the numbers on PT to compete requires avoiding the speed boosts far up the AP tree which hurts us even more when we face a heavy movement fight.

And then compound with cheap boss mechanics that further hurt melee but leave ranged unscathed. Our snipers will win out on both the olok the shadow fight and operations chief simply because of these stupid mechanics. On Olok, they stand in the middle of the room and just pew pew all day never really moving (with random spawn locations this heavily favors ranged given that it doesn't matter where the boss spawns). On operations chief they are not even touched by the stun/knockback that melee gets hit by. Seriously getting stunned for 3 seconds every cycle and then getting knocked back every cycle does horrible things to our numbers. These are just two fights... but all of them are friendly to ranged with exception for Dash'rode... in which everyone gets screwed over here.

All melee classes should have at least a 5-10% built in DPS advantage over Ranged if you are going to include mechanics that are going to treat melee unfairly and hamper their numbers. Right now, in the "hypothetical" perfect fight (aka the target dummy) we can keep up with some of the best snipers on single target but only if we get to just stand there all day and never move. That of course requires you to go with the hybrid spec, which isn't even *supposed* to be viable... the specs they *want* you to play are 200-300 lower.

Can anyone run the numbers on what a PT could do without the 2.0 nerds to CGC & Rail Shot? :(

I remember pre 2.0 my CGC was doing just under 1800, and high end Rail Shot crits were around 6500. Sadly I wasn't able to to check out the PTS in time.

It really does suck though being in full 72 and having CGC doing 600 damage less than it was in 63's

Can anyone run the numbers on what a PT could do without the 2.0 nerds to CGC & Rail Shot?

Would PT's be OP or be competitive with the Dps classes?

From memory on the 2.0 PTS PT's were not ahead except the OP hybrid & that was before the buffs that the other classes were added.

Meh its not that easy to do the math. CGC was cut by 50%. At my current damage (bonus damage 1,360) CGC deals 1,100. That's 183.33 dps. Now if you factor in critic and surge that probably and additional 20%. That will come out to 220 dps. Now if CGC is restored that would double CGC damage and put it at 440 dps at my current bonus damage. That's and additional 220 dps per second if CGC is restored. My toon is in 69s. Full 72s could probably pull and additional 250 dps from restoring CGC.

For RS, its a similar analogy. RS lost about 6% of its damage with the loss of 15% armor penetration. My RS does about lower 3K damage if it doesn't critic as pyro and between 6-6.5K when it does. Assuming it does 3,100 damage avg., restoring armor penetration will result in 186 additional damage per hit without critic. Again 20% for critic and surge will increase its damage by 223 per RS. Again someone in full 72s can probably pull 250 additional damage per RS. Unlike CGC above, RS is not always burning in the back ground. If it is used on average once every 5 globals, restoring RS damage will result in additional approximate 50 overall dps.

Combined, this is around 300 dps for pyro in 72s. Still behind snipers and murderers, but 300 additional dps will make pyros really competitive, not to mention this would be a good burst in PvP.

Edited by Ottoattack

The only problem they would face in restoring CGC is they would have to link it to an upper tier pyro ability or else hybrid would be that much better. Since CGC needs to be buffed by 100% to be back to its original power, what if Power Bracer said additionally, IM and TD scorch the target for 15 seconds increasing the damage of CGC by 50% stacks 2 times? That might help people go full pyro since no one in their right mind wants to double cast IM.

what if Power Bracer said additionally, IM and TD scorch the target for 15 seconds increasing the damage of CGC by 50% stacks 2 times? That might help people go full pyro since no one in their right mind wants to double cast IM.

That would help but i cant help thinking that having a burst relying on these dot would still require better defensive move.

All the talent from the tier below TD are lackluster and could benefit from some kind of overhaul.

Power Bracer: could affect another skill, i.e. RS

Automated Defense: I like the idea of the auto heal on each crit of the dots on top of the CD reduction to kolto overload

Rapid Venting: replace alacrity by something that really benefit PTs

Same thing for Degauss which is also weak in its current version, it could perhaps add some kind of immunity to snare and roots for X seconds.

Actually, the whole top of the pyro tree is just simply unappealing, especially when comparing it to AP's top tree (bar Power Loaders, LOLz). Comparing it to the top of each sniper tree is a joke (especially Lethality which is also supposed to be a DOT spec). Not need to mention IM vs Corrosive Grenade...

Yeah my thing was maily a PVE recommendation. As for PVP pretty much everyone agrees healing for 1% on DoT crits would help plus that too would make people want TD for extra potential healing. That with the much suggested Kolto Overload working at 40% would keep us out of execute range, and with those two things, survival is substantially buffed.