So where are all these Juggs/Guardians dominating the leader boards?

TonyDragonflame

Top 100 world wide top solo ranked classes

These are the classes and how many places they represent.

Top division:

PT/Vang 26/100

Mara/sent 22/100

Op/Scoundrel 19/100

Shadow/Sin 14/100

Trash division:

Sage/sorc 8/100

Sniper/Slinger 6/100

Guardian/Jugg 4/100

Merc/Mando 1/100

We still awaiting from Bioware ajustments of classes in 2.5.

Meh, been done to death.

Why would you play Rage/Focus Guardian when you can play the same tree with a Sentinel and you'll have far, far more survivability? Why would you play Vigilance/Vengeance at all (I do play it though, just not in ranked)? And Jugg/Guardian tanks are not on a par with hybrid Vanguards. All known issues.

Meh, been done to death.

Why would you play Rage/Focus Guardian when you can play the same tree with a Sentinel and you'll have far, far more survivability? Why would you play Vigilance/Vengeance at all (I do play it though, just not in ranked)? And Jugg/Guardian tanks are not on a par with hybrid Vanguards. All known issues.

This. Why play guardian when mara/sent is so much better? Bioware logic.

There are some misconceptions in the community. And any perception weakness at all will result in a landslide in favor of the class without it. Hypothetical example: If it's determined that, overall, dps guardians are 48% and sentinels are 52% in "absolute pvp ability" (numbers and stats are all made up for hypothetical argument) then 90% of the good/best players are going to pvp with sentinels especially since the play styles are so similar. And those dps guardians are going to get yelled at for not playing the 4% better class.

In some arena situations I would rather have a dps guardian on my team than a sentinel - they have a kb, self-heals, an aoe snare, taunts and their dmg is comparable - but sentinels are less vulnerable to focus fire which makes them a bit better most of the time.

Solo q tanking is in general a bad idea. In this game tanks are very dependent on having healers on their team to be effective at tanking. Guard, by design, doesn't mitigate damage to other party members, it just spreads it out (giving healers time to handle burst attacks). Many solo q fights do not have healers. Without the healing component, dps classes that can taunt are almost as good at tanking and are probably more useful for winning.

Today as full min/max conq/oboran guadrain tank, 2018 expertise 98 valor, 39.5 k hp, I get 6.2k smash...

I think I stop playing my guardian like I stop playing my scrapper scoundrel 89 valor before. It just useless trash atm.

Seems guardians suck not only as dps (compared to any other dps except dps operatives), but as tanks too, cuz have ridiculous laughable dps output (in soresu) compared with shadow and vanguard tanks. And they have not -30% passive from aoe.

Sadly, but iconic Jedi Knight and Sith warrior class now in PvP like piece of sh*t.

Today as full min/max conq/oboran guadrain tank, 2018 expertise 98 valor, 39.5 k hp, I get 6.2k smash...

I think I stop playing my guardian like I stop playing my scrapper scoundrel 89 valor before. It just useless trash atm.

Seems guardians suck not only as dps (compared to any other dps except dps operatives), but as tanks too, cuz have ridiculous laughable dps output (in soresu) compared with shadow and vanguard tanks. And they have not -30% passive from aoe.

Sadly, but iconic Jedi Knight and Sith warrior class now in PvP like piece of sh*t.

Make a petition requesting all 30% AOE damage reduction abilities to be relocated to top tier, single tree specific positions. Make the request include this ability available to all classes, at 10% per feat point.

I'd sign it.

Make a petition requesting all 30% AOE damage reduction abilities to be relocated to top tier, single tree specific positions. Make the request include this ability available to all classes, at 10% per feat point.

I'd sign it.

Yeah - they made Unstoppable to be Shien-exclusive, they locked Warmonger into Soresu. I see no reason why significant utility of other classes, which was intended to be used in a certain spec (rebounders+proto flamethrower procs, as well as AoE damage and stun damage reduction, are pretty high in the AP tree), is not stance-locked.

Edited by Helig

Yeah - they made Unstoppable to be Shien-exclusive, they locked Warmonger into Soresu. I see no reason why significant utility of other classes, which was intended to be used in a certain spec (rebounders+proto flamethrower procs, as well as AoE damage and stun damage reduction, are pretty high in the AP tree), is not stance-locked.

Absolutely.

30% AOE passive mitigation is HUGE. It should not be accessible to numerous specs for multiple classes, it should be top tier, and cost at least two feat points. This ability should be re-worked so that every, EVERY class has one spec that can attain it.

Seriously. Helig, step it up bud. Utilize your English eloquence and your powers of persuasion. The developers need to be aware of their silly blunder.

Guardians/Juggs get nothing except nerfs in dps output since nerf Single-saber mastery in 1.3, nerf near-to-autocrit dispatch in 2.0 and nerf bound Unremitting with Shien exclusively.

Its laughable when other tanks classes - Vanguards and Shadows - melee classes too - BOTH have in middle tree -30% passive DR from aoe; Sentinel class - also melee - have in middle tree -30% passive DR from aoe, BUT juggs/guardians HAVE NOT in middle tree (vigilance) that talent!

Its ridiculous!

Guardians/Juggs get nothing except nerfs in dps output since nerf Single-saber mastery in 1.3, nerf near-to-autocrit dispatch in 2.0 and nerf bound Unremitting with Shien exclusively.

Its laughable when other tanks classes - Vanguards and Shadows - melee classes too - BOTH have in middle tree -30% passive DR from aoe; Sentinel class - also melee - have in middle tree -30% passive DR from aoe, BUT juggs/guardians HAVE NOT in middle tree (vigilance) that talent!

Its ridiculous!

Neither do Operatives. Know which two melee classes have zero representation as DPS in arena?

Oh wait. What a coincidence.

Edited by Racter

I'd sign it.

Lol the problem is Smash output and not 30% AOE reduction.

Lol the problem is Smash output and not 30% AOE reduction.

Says who?

In vengeance, my final tick of ravage alone has breached 8k. There are several attacks in game, from multiple classes that can hit for 8k. The point here is that aoe damage, especially when stacked is devastating.

Not to mention that the 30% AOE damage mitigation traits will stack on top of other mitigation values/abilities. Throw in a taunt and at times you could rephrase a "smash", instead as a "smitten tickle".

Meh, been done to death.

Why would you play Rage/Focus Guardian when you can play the same tree with a Sentinel and you'll have far, far more survivability? .

Because Jugg has aoe mezz, aoe cc, force push, force choke, and can damage just as much as a marauder.

I will tell you why marauders are geting nerfed, one move, http://www.torhead.com/ability/fYZIabE/undying-rage.

Stealth with undying rage gives a marauder and get outta jail free card, and is sole reason most pick marauders over jugg.

Once balance comes and marauders get some form of nerf, then you will see jugg and other classes on top as well.

You have to understand this is coming from someone that has played marauder since beta, i decided to reroll to jugg due to it being the least played in arena when it comes to dps.

Edited by Makavelithug

Because Jugg has aoe mezz, aoe cc, force push, force choke, and can damage just as much as a marauder.

lolwhat?

Jugg have one same aoe mezz like mara, have NOT any other aoe cc, force choke its channeled 3 sec joke but not real stun, and overall dps of jugg much more less than mara.

You are wrong in each point bro.

You have to understand this is coming from someone that has played marauder since beta, i decided to reroll to jugg due to it being the least played in arena when it comes to dps.

When in times 1.3 I understand what my main guardian its just poor man sentinel, I reroll into sentinel and from these times I NEVER regretted about that.

... but I still wanna play my first toon 98 valor guardian and at least competitive like in pre-2.0 at least :(

lolwhat?

Jugg have one same aoe mezz like mara, have NOT any other aoe cc, force choke its channeled 3 sec joke but not real stun, and overall dps of jugg much more less than mara.

You are wrong in each point bro.

When in times 1.3 I understand what my main guardian its just poor man sentinel, I reroll into sentinel and from these times I NEVER regretted about that.

... but I still wanna play my first toon 98 valor guardian and at least competitive like in pre-2.0 at least :(

aoe cc he means the aoe slow

and for me, endure pain is similar to undying rage. both keeps you alive some longer and when you dont get healed you both die.

enraged defense isnt great but it sums up with endure pain and it can be used while stunned. its similar to cloak of pain, because 3% is about 1000 life per second, while the average attack is 5000 (just numbers) this is also about 20 percent reduction.

saber reflect is something a mara gets jealous and is better IMO than force camouflage.

mara doesnt have enrage which is great for rage spec.

self heals with intercede, AND taunts. i even hit enrage and switch to soresu for the strt of a fight... sometimes. about 10 percent better mitigation against everything.

of course, mara is more aggressive, faster, but I really prefer the rage jugg over rage mara, but thats probably just me. I play annihilation mara most time anyway because i rwally have problems with mara rage and keeping shockwave stacks.

Meh, been done to death.

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. If you're not an operative or Mara or PT, reroll. Because those are clearly BiS for the slots they are in.

Reasons Marauder>Jugg DPS:

Undying Rage> Endure Pain: why is undying rage better? You take no damage while it is active and you get healed up. Endure Pain gives you health that is easily taken away in the same timeframe. Endure Pain is never going to give you a complete second life like UR with a healer or at least give you 5 seconds of kill potential without dying.

Cloak of Pain> Saber Reflect: Sure, Saber Reflect is much better on paper, but swap targets for 5 seconds or AOE and it's worthless. You might get lucky and reflect one ability if well timed.

Stealth> Intercede: Both can get you out of a hairy situation, but stealth will save you even if rooted and if you LoS, will keep you out of harm's way longer since they won't just insta-leap to you.

30% AOE damage reduction>...?

Crippling Throw> Taunt: Taunt just makes the other team want to attack me more and I'm already super squishy. Lowering healing is far better for an offensive class than a taunt which would be better served being used by an actual tank.

Ability utility>...?: Maras have BT and Predation to offer the group increased utility and damage.

Carnage roots> Vengeance roots: yep.

Heavy armor > Medium armor: It is? I've never noticed a difference.

Basically, off-healing (mostly self-healing) can be worthwhile since there is plenty of damage to heal up, but off tanking is never needed from a DPS class in a 4v4 arena. Having taunts in 8v8 is nice because there are plenty of targets to be taunted and I can easily avoid damage from them on large maps so the taunts are worthwhile. But between 2 taunts on a class, I see no reason to taunt off the tank and give more reason to be the focus target. There just simply isn't any utility offered by a DPS Jugg to warrant bringing them over a Marauder considering how much squishier the class is.

Jugg tanks are another story and that's mostly just due to the overwhelming damage output of PT/VGs right now.