Skipping bosses in FP's.

First of all, it's not easy to find a group for dps, if you are not in a big guild. At my playing time, it takes 1-2 hrs. And when it finally happens, this is the usual scenario: bunch of well geared fellas going fast, don't wait for anyone, skip all possible bosses (especialy at "The Battle of Ilum")... And if u do something wrong (nobody care, that it's your first time here), they vote-kick you out of a group. I mean, i get it, when group gets a terrible player, who pulls all mobs in the area... But i'm not like that, i just don't know the path on 2-3 fp's, where i never were. But how can i gear up, if nobody wants to fight bosses? Forget about bonuses in 10-49 fp's, ain't nobody got time for that. But I just think, that it's not supposed to be like that, that ppl just take advantage of texture errors and bugs. And it needs fixing imo.

Sorry for my bad english.)

When a full tionese set is given to you the second you hit 50, getting gear from fp bosses becomes a waste of time. Most people are there for daily black hole commendations. The only real gear upgrade comes from the last boss of each FP which drop columi. Therefore, the faster you get there, the better.

yeah, but that doesn't really help him if he is getting voted kicked for a accidental pull before then. You never get to the final boss, you never get upgrades.

Tell them you are new right away. I have never seen a group where 1 or 2 people didn't say "don't worry, just follow me." I always do that on my healers. Then you need to just stay right behind that person in single file. If you accidently pull, don't get defensive, just appoligize and go on. A accidental pull is no big deal in a flash point and easily recoverable if the group is staying close together. Until you know the instances, don't worry about crewskills, just keep up with the group as best as you can.

If they kick you for nothing more than a accidental pull, they are just jerks.

Best bet is finding yourself a friendly guild willing to pull you through ops until your starting to get geared then you can probably queue alone (if you wanted).

There's plenty of guilds out there who have overgeared players for operations and can easily pull a fresh 50 through.

Hell, my guild often deliberately runs into boss' strong attacks just to spice things up a little :)

Edited by Jayshames

Do you actually them that you new? Because going into a fp and doing the usual route (we are talking about hm fps, right?) until you're suddenly in combat because somebody doesn't know the way but also didn't say anything is a bit annoying.

And with the free recruit/tionese set you don't need to kill the bosses except for the last one for loot, really. Nothing of value drops.

There are a number of things you can do.

The first thing is inform the group at the beginning that you are unfamiliar with the FP. I have never, not one time, witnessed a negative reaction to someone saying that.

Next, ask the group if they mind doing a "full run". It will be hit or miss on this one. I never mind doing a full run, but reactions vary. As pointed out, you should be in full tionese anyway, for free.

If gearing up, is your priority then queue for Operations. Use the Blackhole comms you get at the end of the Ops/FPs to further gear up.

I don't know which AC you are, but if you are not Mara/Sent or Sniper/Slinger, you can consider talent respeccing into Heals or Tank. Doing that will drastically reduce the time you spend in a FP queue.

As a tank I usually ask if someone is new and if we want a fast run. You have to put yourselves in the oither person's shoes though. This game has been out for almost a year and a half. A lot of lvl 50's are aldready established with gear and run HM for the daily quest. Most minor bosses in FP drop crap (on par with Tionese but normally even lessr blue stuff) Do you think this people want to spend that extra time dropping bosses for nothing? Most people are just there to finish the FP and that's why they typically take shortcuts in them.

That doesn't mean you can't kill the stuff though. Most of the minor fights are pretty fast. If you mention you'd like to kill something then the group should accomidate. On the flipside though you really need to want something the boss can potentially drop. Not for credits or gearing a companion....etc. I wouldn't be expecting a group to kill everything by default though. You need to speak up.

First of all, it's not easy to find a group for dps, if you are not in a big guild. At my playing time, it takes 1-2 hrs. And when it finally happens, this is the usual scenario: bunch of well geared fellas going fast, don't wait for anyone, skip all possible bosses (especialy at "The Battle of Ilum")... And if u do something wrong (nobody care, that it's your first time here), they vote-kick you out of a group. I mean, i get it, when group gets a terrible player, who pulls all mobs in the area... But i'm not like that, i just don't know the path on 2-3 fp's, where i never were. But how can i gear up, if nobody wants to fight bosses? Forget about bonuses in 10-49 fp's, ain't nobody got time for that. But I just think, that it's not supposed to be like that, that ppl just take advantage of texture errors and bugs. And it needs fixing imo.

I've never been votekicked, but I think I can give you some advice.

#1 you need to take a deep breath

#2 if you've never done a flashpoint, say that ahead of time. Don't worry about your English. Say it. If you don't know the path or which mobs to even attack, usually the group will be patient if they know what's going on. If you don't say this and end up wiping the group, they'll think you're a moron or something.

#3 if you don't want to skip bosses, you need to speak up. "Hey, do you guys mind if we kill all the bosses?" That should suffice. Now, the tank may be pressed for time and say no, but they aren't going to know you want to kill the bosses if you're just quietly raging behind your keyboard without letting them know what you want

#4 best way to ensure there's no skipping? Roll a tank. The group has to go where you want and do what you want. Usually, they won't quit, either, since it takes a while to line up with another tank in queue. And they'll almost NEVER votekick you unless you trash talk them in chat.

#5 In 10-49 flashpoints, the likelihood of getting a group that's willing to do bonuses or kill all trash if someone suggests it is HIGH. But someone -must- suggest it first.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

Well, yeah, they were jerks... I did tell them, that it was my second time, and i asked them "hey guys, i need 2 bosses in here, Name and Name, ok?" "Ok". First bad sign was that when i asked for waiting (to not pull mobs), one dude said "Sorry, no waiting". I died twice, but that didn't bother me, bcs it's kinda my fault. Some of my gear got broken... One guy was like "Dude, u gear is broken, lol". I said "Yep, i know", but i didn't repaired at that moment, bcs there were some running ahead, and I could die again. When we got to the point, where there were more fights, then runnings, i asked for two minutes (to summon my droid and repair my gear), they didn't react, they were keep fighting, so i had to wait for a moment to use my droid (non-battle mode). Finally, when we got to the boss Name-1, that i need, they skipped him as well, and when i pointed out, that they kinda said, that we will kill him, dude said "yeah, i know" and moved ahead. Yeah, i realise, that they were a-holes... But that's not my first time. One time, when i said "It's my first time here", i got "sorry" and vote-kick.

Yeah, i was kinda pissed off yesterday. Thx, guys.

Edited by SerDjei

#4 best way to ensure there's no skipping? Roll a tank. The group has to go where you want and do what you want. Usually, they won't quit, either, since it takes a while to line up with another tank in queue. And they'll almost NEVER votekick you unless you trash talk them in chat.

Not even then. :D

Yeah, i realise, that they were a-holes... But that's not my first time. One time, when i said "It's my first time here", i got "sorry" and vote-kick.

Are you playing on a European or Asia-Pacific server by any chance?

Edited by slafko

The only reason to kick a tank is:

If a tank is very bad, one of the dps can respecc to a tank and is willing to do so

The time you have to wait on a new tank is too long to kick him for something a dps would have already been kicked for.

The only reason to kick a tank is:

If a tank is very bad, one of the dps can respecc to a tank and is willing to do so

The time you have to wait on a new tank is too long to kick him for something a dps would have already been kicked for.

I will only vote to kick a tank or anyone for two reasons, belittling others or ninja. There is no need for that type of behavior by anyone. I have completed Taval V and D7 more than once without a tank using dps companion on my healer and if I am on my shadow, I'm not going to respec, but I have no problem finishing a HM FP (except LI) on her tanking.

Here I am talking big, but I have never instigated a kick and have only voted on 2. :p However, most group I've gotten into have been very nice. Most of my problem with missing tanks have been them DC or leaving after they didn't get a drop.

Edited by mikebevo

As others have said, communication is key. If you want to kill all the bosses or want to get to the bonus boss or whatever, let the group know.

Last night I asked a group running HM FP battle of ilum, "speed run or all bosses?" One guy said speed run, one guy said all bosses, the third said don't care nor did I. The player who wanted to kill all bosses basically pleaded with the group to kill all bosses. We obliged :). That being said, the DPS that wanted to speed run moved into all the various positions to skip bosses, but he did not rage quit.

And fact be known, killing all bosses in HM BoI adds all of seven minutes (I timed it) with a decent group.

If the rest of the group wants to skip you skip, if the rest of the group doesn't want to skip you don't skip.

Don't be selfish.

This goes for people who want to skip too.

When I've run the same flashpoint 9 times, and everyone always wants to skip everything except me because it's late in a release cycle and I'm low man on the gear totem pole for seemingly the entire community...

Something has to give. New players and alts shouldn't have to beg for handouts. This isn't a problem restricted to SWTOR. It's an issue with Themepark-MMO gaming in general that it seems nobody wants to address.

When I've run the same flashpoint 9 times, and everyone always wants to skip everything except me because it's late in a release cycle and I'm low man on the gear totem pole for seemingly the entire community...

Something has to give. New players and alts shouldn't have to beg for handouts. This isn't a problem restricted to SWTOR. It's an issue with Themepark-MMO gaming in general that it seems nobody wants to address.

And you've been told the optimal way to gear yourself up in this case.

Run story mode ops. Tionese is more than enough to succeed in those and you can (if lucky) get an entire set of *exactly what the HMFP drops* in one run.

This has already been explained in this thread. You get free tionese gear, these bosses only drop tionese gear, it isnt better then what you already have. If you are in tionese, the only fight you should want to fight is the last boss, becausehe drops a columi token. If you are in columi, you should really only care about the black hole comms.

I concur, Same stuff happen to me before i made it to lvl 50. I got where i didnt do FP or OPS till lvl 50 by then i made enough credits to buy mods and gear to put them in to, so i kinda didnt need FP gear but it would be nice to experience the full FP and OPS in this game. I mean Skipping over every thing to get to the end just sucks, because for the new players and some thrill seekers, Playing Full FP and OPS is The fun and what gives a bit of Spirit to this Star Wars Game

My first run in Battle of Ilum was on HM - was honest with the group about my noob-status. They were patient and showed me the way through. Yeah, we skipped a lot, but I already had my Tionese (which they explained when I asked why we were skipping so much).

Since then I've done both the full run and the 12-minute version. I go with whatever the group wants to do.

There are a number of things you can do.

The first thing is inform the group at the beginning that you are unfamiliar with the FP. I have never, not one time, witnessed a negative reaction to someone saying that.

Next, ask the group if they mind doing a "full run". It will be hit or miss on this one. I never mind doing a full run, but reactions vary. As pointed out, you should be in full tionese anyway, for free.

If gearing up, is your priority then queue for Operations. Use the Blackhole comms you get at the end of the Ops/FPs to further gear up.

I don't know which AC you are, but if you are not Mara/Sent or Sniper/Slinger, you can consider talent respeccing into Heals or Tank. Doing that will drastically reduce the time you spend in a FP queue.

Ive been kicked for being unfamilier with a operation,